No announcement yet.

Things that fans want to see in cc2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this game. However, it can sometimes get a bit mental in a game where you feel powerless to stop the opponent scoring a million runs per over, likewise when you need 30 off 30 in a run chase and they're just driving it to long on/off all over with no apparent urgency.

Anyway, I'd like relatively easy features (he says) added to custom match series, as that's pretty much what I play (career mode just gets swamped with regens in two years)
    1 - Ability to save World XI's. Instead of A/B, a feature where we can save squads to easily recall next time. It can be a pain going through the whole list of England players to pick out their 2009-2013 side. Likewise scrolling through to pick the Namibian players. So either add the countries the players are in their for (like Namibia, USA, etc) or the option to save teams for this mode.
    2 - If PNG and Malaysia are going to be in there, at least give them 11 players so we can get a game with them. Currently they have about seven each. It's a bit half assed.
    3 - Stats for this mode. The game loves stats and seems to be able to produce them on demand. So custom match series stats will be a great feature.
    4 - Full tours in custom match series, which is similar to number 1 here. A feature where you can create a tour including multiple Tests, ODI's and T20, instead of having to come out and back in to the feature and select the squad again. May be able to add tour games in too against 'World XI' sides where you can pick an A Team or just all the guys from a domestic side (obviously as List A etc not ODI)

They might be a bit too hard to implement but will completely polish off that feature.

Comment

Change the animations so you're not being given out LBW when the ball is pitching outside of leg or clearly missing the leg stumps.

Then when you see the hawkeye, it looks totally different. Been sawn off loads of time this way!

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

Yes its that game
        That will take another year probably. It's in development since 2015!

Comment

REGEN PLAYERS & IN GAME RETIREMENTS / ABILITY

One of the most frustrating parts of playing this brilliant game is the introduction of Regen players within 2-3 years. It would be great if most of the existing players are allowed to keep their ability till age 35 or so. And with the database comments from the forum, one can establish a pool of younger players who are most likely to represent their respective nation. I hope this has been addressed in CC 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
            REGEN PLAYERS & IN GAME RETIREMENTS / ABILITY

One of the most frustrating parts of playing this brilliant game is the introduction of Regen players within 2-3 years. It would be great if most of the existing players are allowed to keep their ability till age 35 or so. And with the database comments from the forum, one can establish a pool of younger players who are most likely to represent their respective nation. I hope this has been addressed in CC 2020.
            I agree. We are told young players develop in the game however it's very rare to see real young players go on to have reasonable careers let alone get international call ups.

Yet generated players spawn at seemingly full ability and I've even had players get England call ups before even playing a county game.

Comment

Originally posted by ARW96 View Post
              I agree, an editor is the number 1 thing for me!
              There are pretty good reasons why the developers of Cricket Captain can't provide an official editor. If you've played football management games like the old Championship Manager series, the player databases were actually created using an editor. Therefore, it was relatively straightforward for the developers to package up a version of that editor and release it with the game. The Cricket Captain player databases are not created manually with an editor - they're generated automatically from a large data set (presumably comprised mostly of playing statistics). If you search around online you'll be able to find places where Chris Child talks about this. The point is that the developers themselves don't have an editor, and to create one would need significant development effort (and therefore money). Cricket games don't generate the money that football games do, so there simply isn't the budget available for creating an official editor.

So, the best solution we have for now is unofficial editors. I first got involved with writing an unofficial editor for International Cricket Captain 2008. Improvements have been made over the years and there's now a fairly comprehensive Editor and Scout. One of the main difficulties with developing the unofficial Editor is trying to prevent online cheating. In 2008, I'm not sure if there was even an online game mode. If there was, not many people used it, so it was possible to openly discuss how to edit the game, without the fear that some idiot would take that information to cheat online and ruin everyone else's enjoyment.

Therefore, my only request for Cricket Captain 2020 would be to create greater structural differences between the online and offline game modes. For example, if the way player attributes are stored in memory could just be reordered for online modes versus "Easy" mode, then we could openly discuss and develop an unofficial editor that would be effectively useless for online cheats.

Comment

Hi. Some interesting suggestions here. I’m mainly looking for things I can address in a 2020 update, rather than bigger features that would need a change to the save game format, or we don’t have the budget for. AI batting 2nd in OD matches could certainly use some attention. I’ll go through the full list soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                  Hi. Some interesting suggestions here. I’m mainly looking for things I can address in a 2020 update, rather than bigger features that would need a change to the save game format, or we don’t have the budget for. AI batting 2nd in OD matches could certainly use some attention. I’ll go through the full list soon.
                  I'd be interested in your thoughts on the development of real life young players vs generated players Chris. For me this is usually a game breaker a few years in when the England side is full of generated players and the real life young players are sat in county squads with minimal or no appearances and poor stats.

Comment

Working...
                  X