Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2020 Features Announcement - Rain Delays!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2020 Features Announcement - Rain Delays!

Cricket Captain 2020 will release on Steam on Thursday June 18th, Android, iOS and Mac versions will be coming at a later date.

Cricket Captain 2020 is the perfect companion if you are missing live matches, as the hugely anticipated season is disrupted. With the incredibly exciting 2019 World Cup and the fiercely fought Australia tour of England, a legion of fans have been attracted to the sport. The inaugural 100 ball competition promised to provide great entertainment for those new converts, and the first test-match championship was well under way. After canvassing our players, we have decided to create the 2020 season as it was originally intended, in all its glory.

Rain delays in one-day and 20 over matches have been introduced, including the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern system to calculate run-chase targets. There are also extensive additions to the database, including additional season by season player records.

The new 100 ball competition in England has been added, including updates to the match engine, AI and stats systems to accommodate the new format. Updates to domestic systems around the world have also been incorporated, including major changes to the competitions in Australia, South Africa, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India. Captains will also be able to switch between domestic teams in different countries for the first time.

Cricket Captain 2020 also features a full database update (over 7,000 players, including every historical international player), with improved player ability generation, using data from every form of cricket and with input from a team of researchers around the world. The database provides the attention to detail that the series is famed for.
    Cricket Captain is unrivalled in cricket management simulation, and Cricket Captain 2020 improves the series once again. Put your tactical expertise to the test in the number one cricket management game.

Key features for 2020 include:
    ·Rain delays in one-day and 20 Over matches: introducing the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method for the first time in Cricket Captain.
    ·Improved weather simulation for all match types: including more realistic weather patterns, and extra time to recover lost overs.
    ·The new 100 ball competition in England: a brand-new format, played between eight city-based teams.
    ·Updates to all domestic systems and 20 over leagues: play updated domestic leagues in South Africa, India, England, Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and New Zealand.
    ·Ability to switch teams between countries: play a full career mode, switch between teams across domestic systems.
    ·Improved player generation system: using data from every form of cricket combined with input from a team of researchers around the wold.
    ·Improved match engine: with updates to bowler AI, spin bowler ability in limited over matches, and batsman scoring rates.
    ·Current/last competition stats: see details of current and last competition stats for all formats.
    ·Historical scenarios: Play in Classic England test series vs West Indies or Pakistan.
    ·Tournament Modes: Play in stand-alone One Day or 20 Over World Cups. Create your own World XIs, All-Time Greats and Custom Match Series.
    ·New database: full database update with over 7,000 players.
    ·Internet game: improved reliability and more teams to play on-line.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100 Ball Dom Table.jpg Views:	613 Size:	296.8 KB ID:	69863Click image for larger version  Name:	Joe Root Beehive.jpg Views:	555 Size:	325.4 KB ID:	69864Click image for larger version  Name:	Lord's Pavillion root catch.jpg Views:	545 Size:	444.1 KB ID:	69865Click image for larger version  Name:	TestMatchInterfaceNewGraphic.jpg Views:	557 Size:	415.5 KB ID:	69866
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-17-2020, 01:52 PM.

Cant wait. What is the Android release date ?

Comment

Also keen to know the release date.

I wonder if you've considered offering a discount option for the mobile version to those who have bought the steam game?

Comment

I see that CC2020 has a full data base update, over 7,000 players. Does this include more players in the all time greats category?

Comment

Exciting new features. Gonna surely buy again. Hope you add more default preset field sets in Limited overs crickets. Its quite a hassle to change preset fields

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
            Also keen to know the release date.

I wonder if you've considered offering a discount option for the mobile version to those who have bought the steam game?
            No release date for Android currently and there won't be a discount option for multi-platform purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
              I see that CC2020 has a full data base update, over 7,000 players. Does this include more players in the all time greats category?
              Any players who have retired in the last year and have played international cricket have been added to the ATG category.

I'm checking all the RSA ATG players from the years when SA didn't play international cricket that we manually added who should be in the game, are in the game, later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

No release date for Android currently and there won't be a discount option for multi-platform purchases.
                I think that's a mistake and short sighted. I'd happily pay half again for a desktop and mobile bundle but certainly wouldn't pay full whack twice.

Particularly as due to being an android user I've already lost out on 6 months of online play and now have to wait even longer than other platform users for release.

I'll likely purchase the Steam version then not bother with Android on principle of not paying twice so you're losing out on revenue, it would be simple enough to provide a 50% off code to be redeemed on additional platform purchases especially given the delays which have impacted your Android customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

I think that's a mistake and short sighted. I'd happily pay half again for a desktop and mobile bundle but certainly wouldn't pay full whack twice.

Particularly as due to being an android user I've already lost out on 6 months of online play and now have to wait even longer than other platform users for release.

I'll likely purchase the Steam version then not bother with Android on principle of not paying twice so you're losing out on revenue, it would be simple enough to provide a 50% off code to be redeemed on additional platform purchases especially given the delays which have impacted your Android customers.
                  Completely agree - as per usual, can’t wait for this game to come out! Like lynx, I’d also happily pay an additional reduced cost for being able to play this on iPad as an addition once it comes out, but it’s hard to justify paying full price twice for the same game

Something to consider for future releases perhaps, as I think like lynx said it would be beneficial to yourselves revenue wise

Comment

Mac release is generally a few days after Steam right?

Comment

The mobile versions are half the price of the desktop versions, so it effectively is half again for a desktop and mobile bundle unless I'm not understanding your point? Lynx54321

The issues with Android have been frustrating for both us and you guys, we had no warning that the changes in November that Google made were going to render our build process inoperable, it's a massive job to create a new one. In an ideal world you'd normally create a new build system whilst still using the old version, but that wasn't an option for us. Charles and Mike have been working hard on this and we'll be delighted when it's ready.

With regards to Mac release, with the current disruption to everyone around the globe Apple/Google approval processes are a bit of an unknown, we just can't give a date on it right now.

Comment

I appreciate your reply Sureshot, but I also suggested players that were included in touring sides, but never played test cricket, and some who were considered to tour, but not selected. I also chose players that were selected for their countries XI, in what was usually a pre test match game for the touring side, and a test trial for the home team. There is obviously too many to add, so I only considered players in the late 1950`s onwards.

Comment

Hi Sureshot, following my previous post, here are the South African players I would like you to consider adding. the first 6 played against the rebel touring teams in either Test or 50 over matches. R.M.Bentley L.J.Barnard A.M.Ferreira R.L.S.Armitage B.A.Matthews & T.R.Madsen These players from the late 50`s up to the late 60`s played for a S.A,XI against touring teams. G.A.S.Innes P.M.Dodds B.J.Versfeld J.H.Ferrandi G.F.Dakin K.L.Gibbs & P.D.Swart. Thanks for your time, looking forward to the release of CC2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                            The mobile versions are half the price of the desktop versions, so it effectively is half again for a desktop and mobile bundle unless I'm not understanding your point? Lynx54321

The issues with Android have been frustrating for both us and you guys, we had no warning that the changes in November that Google made were going to render our build process inoperable, it's a massive job to create a new one. In an ideal world you'd normally create a new build system whilst still using the old version, but that wasn't an option for us. Charles and Mike have been working hard on this and we'll be delighted when it's ready.

With regards to Mac release, with the current disruption to everyone around the globe Apple/Google approval processes are a bit of an unknown, we just can't give a date on it right now.
                            Thanks for the reply Sureshot. What I'm perhaps getting at is that I feel it would be good to incentivise your customers to buy on two platforms rather than expecting them to pay full price (whether that's different per platform or not) twice. It would be great if buying on steam meant you got a code with a message "thanks for buying on Steam here is a code for an additional discount on mobile".

Comment

Any chance of having u19/ a tours within an international career so we can test emerging players against other emerging players around the world?

Also the ability to arrange fixtures with other countries of your choice? For example, I could contact Zimbabwe cricket board and ask to play a 3t20 series against them.

Also would love to see speed meter as you mentioned in future editions.

Please reply, even if it's a no/maybe in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X