X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2020 Released on Steam

Exclusively 10% off Steam price through here:
    Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Cricket Captain 2020 is the perfect companion if you are missing live matches, as the hugely anticipated season is disrupted. With the incredibly exciting 2019 World Cup and the fiercely fought Australia tour of England, a legion of fans have been attracted to the sport. The inaugural 100 ball competition promised to provide great entertainment for those new converts, and the first test-match championship was well under way. After canvassing our players, we have decided to create the 2020 season as it was originally intended, in all its glory.
    Rain delays in one-day and 20 over matches have been introduced, including the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern system to calculate run-chase targets. There are also extensive additions to the database, including additional season by season player records.
    The new 100 ball competition in England has been added, including updates to the match engine, AI and stats systems to accommodate the new format. Updates to domestic systems around the world have also been incorporated, including major changes to the competitions in Australia, South Africa, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India. Captains will also be able to switch between domestic teams in different countries for the first time.
    Cricket Captain 2020 also features a full database update (over 7,000 players, including every historical international player), with improved player ability generation, using data from every form of cricket and with input from a team of researchers around the world. The database provides the attention to detail that the series is famed for.
    Cricket Captain is unrivalled in cricket management simulation, and Cricket Captain 2020 improves the series once again. Put your tactical expertise to the test in the number one cricket management game.
    Key features for 2020 include:
    • Rain delays in one-day and 20 Over matches: introducing the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method for the first time in Cricket Captain.
    • Improved weather simulation for all match types: including more realistic weather patterns, and extra time to recover lost overs.
    • The new 100 ball competition in England: a brand-new format, played between eight city-based teams.
    • Updates to all domestic systems and 20 over leagues: play updated domestic leagues in South Africa, India, England, Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and New Zealand.
    • Ability to switch teams between countries: play a full career mode, switch between teams across domestic systems.
    • Improved player generation system: using data from every form of cricket combined with input from a team of researchers around the world.
    • Improved match engine: with updates to bowler AI, spin bowler ability in limited over matches, and batsman scoring rates.
    • Current/last competition stats: see details of current and last competition stats for all formats.
    • Historical scenarios: Play in Classic England test series vs West Indies or Pakistan.
    • Tournament Modes: Play in stand-alone One Day or 20 Over World Cups. Create your own World XIs, All-Time Greats and Custom Match Series.
    • New database: full database update with over 7,000 players.
    • Internet game: improved reliability and more teams to play on-line.

Mac and Mobile news coming soon.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-19-2020, 04:30 PM.

Thanks! Installing now.

Comment

Is there a demo before I buy?

Comment

Asking me for a "regionid" when I attempt to pay? But theres no field to enter it

Comment

Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post
          Is there a demo before I buy?
          The demo will be available very soon (next day or so).

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
            Asking me for a "regionid" when I attempt to pay? But theres no field to enter it
            Weird, looking at the orders that came in, I think you've been able to buy since, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Weird, looking at the orders that came in, I think you've been able to buy since, is that correct?
              Yeah I re-entered my address and it went straight through. I input the exact same information so no idea why, but it worked.

Comment

The demo will be available very soon (next day or so).
                Oh, thank God. I thought there was no demo this year

Comment

Hi Sureshot, just bought and downloaded CC2020. What can I say, for sometime now, I have been posting the names of cricketers, mainly South African, that I think should be included in the All Time Greats. I must say that I am extremely disappointed that none have been included. So, in a hope that there will be an upgrade/patch in the near future, I will list them again, in a hope that you will consider them. The First 6 played in Tests and ODI`s, against rebel touring teams. The rest played in a S>A>XI, against touring teams in the 1950`s/60`s. 1) R.M. Bentley 2) L.J. Barnard 3) A.M. Ferreira 4) R.L.S. Armitage 5)B.A. Matthews 6)T.R. Madsen 7) G.A.S. Innes 8) P.M. Dodds 9) B.J. Versveld 10) J.H. Ferrandi 11) G.F. Dakin 12) K.L. Gibbs 13) A.R. Hector 14 )L.B. Koch 15) A.Tayfield 16) R.K. Thorne. As I`ve said before, I`m sure there`s many Cricket Captain fans that enjoy playing matches and series from yesteryears, to add these players would certainly improve, what is already the best cricket game on the market.

Comment

Lynx54321

You can just go straight to the Childish Things website and then click on 'store' in the bar at the top. This doesn't need a username/password. I had the same issue yesterday.

Comment

Wrong link, sorry chaps, updated now.

Comment

Hey guys, any ETA on the Mac release? I'm getting a new Mac delivered over the weekend, so hoping it may be ready by then?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post
                          Hey guys, any ETA on the Mac release? I'm getting a new Mac delivered over the weekend, so hoping it may be ready by then?
                          I think Mac is unlikely for next weekend, we've had to replace a bit of software we use for the Apple builds. We're getting there, some big changes for non-Windows versions going on at the moment.

Comment

I think Mac is unlikely for next weekend, we've had to replace a bit of software we use for the Apple builds. We're getting there, some big changes for non-Windows versions going on at the moment.
                            No worries.. cheers for the heads up.

Comment

Is there any idea when CC2020 will be available on Mac? Not sure it's usually this long after the initial release for it to come to Macs, am awaiting this eagerly but would appreciate some communication on when we can expect (or not) the game to drop...

Comment

Working...
                              X