This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shrav99 View Post
    Will this patch work on the current save, thanks! Can't wait to see if the second innings in od matches are better
    Yes, existing saves work fine.

Comment

• So after updating I continued my test england were chasing my scored of 305 I won by 50+ runs but after pressing continue at the summary screen the game just closed :'( and my last save point was them starting their innings. This used to happen sometimes in 2019 too rare like maybe 2-5%. Do you know why this happens?

Comment

• Also this reminds me we could really do with a auto-save feature in game cause it's absolutely heart breaking to have your game crash and then start all over again

Comment

So after updating I continued my test england were chasing my scored of 305 I won by 50+ runs but after pressing continue at the summary screen the game just closed :'( and my last save point was them starting their innings. This used to happen sometimes in 2019 too rare like maybe 2-5%. Do you know why this happens?
          Can you PM me the save and we will take a look.

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2020\Saves

Comment

• Done thank you I was only able to upload .cbk file hope that works

Comment

• Great job.
              Not really a bug but it might be worth adding Namibia and PNG to the steam achievements for associate country's

Comment

Done thank you I was only able to upload .cbk file hope that works
                Struggling to repeat this, I've attached two images, can you confirm which screen you clicked continue on when it crashed.

You mentioned you couldn't upload the .cap, which I'm reckoning is on file size and thus was probably uncompressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PostTestSeriesData.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	70638Click image for larger version

Name:	PostTestMatchSummary.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	70639

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Struggling to repeat this, I've attached two images, can you confirm which screen you clicked continue on when it crashed.

You mentioned you couldn't upload the .cap, which I'm reckoning is on file size and thus was probably uncompressed.

No it was the third test match done and on the summary screen after the match after I pressed continue it crashed. Also yes the cap file was uncompressed Ill try sending again

Comment

So the second screen

Comment

So the second screen
                      To confirm, where it has the 4 team scorecards?

Comment

To confirm, where it has the 4 team scorecards?
                        Yes the 4 team scorecard. I managed to attach the cap file
                        Last edited by Shrav99; 06-27-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preed View Post
                          Playing as Ind in Normal mode and I have played couple of series - Ind vs Aus (4 tests) and Ind vs Eng (5 tests).
                          Too many huge totals are being chased in 4th Innings of Test matches.

Three times the totals have been chased by my team and twice have been done by the opposition.

1. Ind chased 319
                          2. Ind chased 461
                          3. Eng chased 344
                          4. Ind chased 399
                          5 Eng chased 434

I think this is high because it has happened 5 times out of the 9 tests.
                          This. And it was the same when I last played the game several years ago. It was always too difficult to bowl a team out in the 4th innings, and you can sense from the game that that's no matter what you do, they're going to get the runs. It's just as bad as the ODI point made a bit further on in that it was too predictable. It was entirely out of the flow of the match that WI would get 371/4 here (particularly in 2000), but it felt inevitable from about 100/1 that I was never going to get them out. (It would have helped if I had a decent spinner, but nevertheless they chalked these off at nearly four an over...)

And OK, it is a sample size of 1, but it felt just like it did a few years ago and then I read your post!

Click image for larger version  Name:	yawn.png Views:	0 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	70654

Comment

• It's also the fact that in the 4th innings the CPU is racing along at a run a ball on the 5th day of a test match, usually on minefields. I've seen the CPU chase some crazy totals, often in only four sessions.

Comment

I am sorry I didn't notice this was the exact scorecard 2nd test match how were you able to retrieve it?
                              because when I open the save it starts at englands last innings, could you please send me this save????

Comment

I am sorry I didn't notice this was the exact scorecard 2nd test match how were you able to retrieve it?
                                because when I open the save it starts at englands last innings, could you please send me this save????
                                This wasn't your save, I'd just played your save from the start of their innings.

Chris and I have repeated this multiple times and have not been able to repeat the crash issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X