Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2020 Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by galvatron View Post
    I also think retired hurt happens way too often. Playing a test match V Pakistan and we've both had a player retired hurt in the first innings. It doesn't happen that often at all...
    Hoping not to jinx it but I've seen it less on this game so far... shame when it does happen the player never comes back out where as real life some do

    Comment


    • When it comes to selecting an England squad. If the CPU picks one of my county players but then I take them out of the squad there training allocation is removed.

      Can this be altered please? It's really annoying if I'm trying to use training on a player and it's taken away, sometimes you're away with England for months and don't get to allocate your county training.

      Comment


      • I am not sure if it will count as a bug but for Pakistan the premium domestic T20 league I guess only for the 1st or 2nd year into the game it gets a separate window but in future years most part of the league coincides with international commitments. There are no international commitments during that time in real life. Is it something which can be adjusted by incorporating the international commitments of the coming years around it without coinciding with the league? Thanks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sheharyar View Post
          I am not sure if it will count as a bug but for Pakistan the premium domestic T20 league I guess only for the 1st or 2nd year into the game it gets a separate window but in future years most part of the league coincides with international commitments. There are no international commitments during that time in real life. Is it something which can be adjusted by incorporating the international commitments of the coming years around it without coinciding with the league? Thanks.
          Could you please have a look at this Sureshot , it's really annoying that I miss most of the t20 league during my international save and this would never happen in real life.

          Think this also reiterates the need of a fixture editor or arranging fixtures/series urself rather than using the current schedule in tlwhich becomes pretty repetitive and boring.

          in terms of working in the game maybe at the start of the season you could get a screen saying would you like to arrange/cancel any tours and send offers to other cricket boards in the same way that you would send offers to players in t20 leagues.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

            Could you please have a look at this Sureshot , it's really annoying that I miss most of the t20 league during my international save and this would never happen in real life.

            Think this also reiterates the need of a fixture editor or arranging fixtures/series urself rather than using the current schedule in tlwhich becomes pretty repetitive and boring.

            in terms of working in the game maybe at the start of the season you could get a screen saying would you like to arrange/cancel any tours and send offers to other cricket boards in the same way that you would send offers to players in t20 leagues.
            Had the same problem with BPL, asked Sureshot about it, he said they follow FTP for international tours so it can't be changed, (international tours can't be actually shuffled because it is related to the test Championship) while I agree to that but I also think domestic T20 can be shuffled a bit, like 15-20 days forward or backward. I don’t know about PSL but BPL starts maybe in mid December (can't quite remember now) maybe it can be rescheduled to a time when Bangladeshi international players will be available, atleast for 80% of the tournament . It would be very nice if it can be done.
            Last edited by Rafat23; Yesterday, 10:29 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post

              Had the same problem with BPL, asked Sureshot about it, he said they follow FTP for international tours so it can't be changed, (international tours can't be actually shuffled because it is related to the test Championship) while I agree to that but I also think domestic T20 can be shuffled a bit, like 15-20 days forward or backward. I don’t know about PSL but BPL starts maybe in mid-October or mid November (can't quite remember now) maybe it can be rescheduled to a time when Bangladeshi international players will be available, atleast for 80% of the tournament . It would be very nice if it can be done.
              Understand that but whilst international tours cant be changed as part of the FTP, they would never clash with the BPL or PSL in real lifeso therefore these international tours should occur both before or after the domestic league. It is important that local international players are fully available for atleast their domestic t20 league to both test their own skills but more importantly to test upcoming youngsters against them.
              I understand this is extremely difficult, but hopefully some sort of solution can be achieved

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

                Understand that but whilst international tours cant be changed as part of the FTP, they would never clash with the BPL or PSL in real lifeso therefore these international tours should occur both before or after the domestic league. It is important that local international players are fully available for atleast their domestic t20 league to both test their own skills but more importantly to test upcoming youngsters against them.
                I understand this is extremely difficult, but hopefully some sort of solution can be achieved
                Yeap, that is exactly my point. PSL or BPL will never clash with international matches of Pakistan and Bangladesh respectively. BPL and PSL doesn’t have any fixed window in real life. These two tournament gets reshuffled every year, 15-20 days here and there to adjust with international schedule . But I guess it’s kind of tough to do that in the game, that's why I said that they could just try to reschedule BPL or PSL so that international players can atleast play most part of the league if not the complete tournament .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                  I also think retired hurt happens way too often. Playing a test match V Pakistan and we've both had a player retired hurt in the first innings. It doesn't happen that often at all...
                  I've just had my third player go down retired hurt seven matches into a Sheffield Shield season. It never seems to happen in limited overs cricket?

                  My impression from "real life", without having any statistics to back this up, is that the far more common injury is that a bowler breaks down in the middle of a bowling spell and be unable to bowl for the rest of the innings/match. It might also mean he is unable to bat, but usually they manage that with reduced ability.

                  I remember back in the original version of this game in 1998 bowlers could break down, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

                  Edit, a few hours later: Make that four players in eight!
                  Last edited by alexholowczak; Yesterday, 12:09 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but sorry if it has - I’ve just had an unexpected clash/bug(?) with T20 blast and West Indian prem league, where my English county players left to go overseas just before I’d played the semi final of the T20 blast.

                    2 points on this - firstly, and I may be wrong here, but I wouldn’t have thought that English County players (Contracted in all formats) are permitted to leave mid season for West Indian prem league. Secondly, if I am wrong on the first point then I’m almost certain that it would not be the case in real life where a contracted county player would miss out on a the English t20 comp semi’s/final to go to play another league, at minimum they would be available to their county and then leave after
                    Last edited by benj_2904; Yesterday, 02:18 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post

                      Had the same problem with BPL, asked Sureshot about it, he said they follow FTP for international tours so it can't be changed, (international tours can't be actually shuffled because it is related to the test Championship) while I agree to that but I also think domestic T20 can be shuffled a bit, like 15-20 days forward or backward. I don’t know about PSL but BPL starts maybe in mid December (can't quite remember now) maybe it can be rescheduled to a time when Bangladeshi international players will be available, atleast for 80% of the tournament . It would be very nice if it can be done.
                      Cricket FTP is released for 4 years (Upto 2023 for now) if I am not wrong so I think game generates the the future seasons through its own algorithms. Scheduling is generally fine in first 2-3 seasons when it follows the FTP as Premier T20 league doesnt coincide with international commitments as far as I have noticed. Its the future years which game produces itself to continuously have international matches of the teams during premier T20 domestic tournaments.

                      Australian T20 competition coincides with international commitments even in real life but same is not true for Pakistan as well as Bangladesh which create their own window for their T20 competition. So maybe something like having the same international schedule which the algorithm produces but should be covered in the period outside of the premier T20 competition.

                      Comment


                      • I don’t know if it counts as a bug but during Bangladesh T20 tournament's player draft, a number of players who are actually out of contract doesn’t appear in contract list. So even if you want to buy them, you can't because they are not in the list

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X