Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2020 Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dear Team,

    I have been playing Cricket Captain since ages and for the first time I encountered a terrible issue that made me stop playing and halted my entire progress:

    I have this player who was sitting with 255 centuries in FC cricket and almost last year before his retirement. I can't believe the moment he made his 256th century, the counter got reset to ZERO. I remember I had seen something similar in one of the forums where one person was moaning about how his runs got reset to ZERO when he completed 64,000 runs. Since I am a software developer myself and do lot of programming, I believe this is to do with the data format that was used to create the variables in the program code (for example: 256 & 64,000 - they are maximum values for few data types, which I believe needs change).

    Please fix this problem as the reason I play the games is all for the records and the statistics, but this bug actually made me cry. The centuries column read as FC: 0, Test: 121, Domestic FC: 135

    I have seen several small bugs as well, which I would like to highlight in next few days as a commitment to improve the overall experience of the game to all cricket addicts like me. But, for a start, this is my biggest worry for the time being about statistics resetting to ZERO. Please help to fix this via patch.

    Comment


    • Dear Team,

      Apart from above bug, I would like to highlight one more bug as following:

      the player statistics show the following 9 categories:

      First Class
      One Day
      20 Over
      Test Match
      One Day Int.
      20 Over Int.
      Domestic FC
      Domestic OD
      Domestic 20 Over

      While most statistics are correct like Matches, Innings, Runs, Avg., 100s, 50s, Wkts, SR, 5i, 10m, etc. for all above 9 categories - the statistic on Highest Score and Best Bowling Figures are broken:

      The top 3 categories' (like FC, OD and 20Over) high score and BBI may have formula like: MAX (International Cricket, Domestic Cricket) - that is perfect. However, the formula for Domestic FC / OD / 20Over is broken as it takes into account high score made in international cricket as well. For example:

      A) Batsman with highest score in county is 350 and Test cricket is 250 - the stats read like this:

      FC: 350, Test: 250, Domestic FC: 350 - this is perfect

      B) However, the moment the scores are like these: highest score in county is 250 and Test is 350 - the stats read like below:

      FC: 350, Test: 350, Domestic FC: 350 - this is incorrect since Domestic FC should have been 250 and not 350.

      The same problem exists with BBI as well. Rest all parameters work fine. Request you to please fix this. Thanks.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cricketaddict View Post
        Dear Team,

        I have been playing Cricket Captain since ages and for the first time I encountered a terrible issue that made me stop playing and halted my entire progress:

        I have this player who was sitting with 255 centuries in FC cricket and almost last year before his retirement. I can't believe the moment he made his 256th century, the counter got reset to ZERO. I remember I had seen something similar in one of the forums where one person was moaning about how his runs got reset to ZERO when he completed 64,000 runs. Since I am a software developer myself and do lot of programming, I believe this is to do with the data format that was used to create the variables in the program code (for example: 256 & 64,000 - they are maximum values for few data types, which I believe needs change).

        Please fix this problem as the reason I play the games is all for the records and the statistics, but this bug actually made me cry. The centuries column read as FC: 0, Test: 121, Domestic FC: 135

        I have seen several small bugs as well, which I would like to highlight in next few days as a commitment to improve the overall experience of the game to all cricket addicts like me. But, for a start, this is my biggest worry for the time being about statistics resetting to ZERO. Please help to fix this via patch.
        121 Test centuries is quite remarkable, given Tendulkar leads the way with 51.

        Maximum most runs was fixed a while ago.

        Maximum centuries has been doubled for the CC2021, we won't be patching CC2020 with this fix.

        From your other post, the bug with International scores recording in domestic has been fixed for CC2021.

        Comment


        • Server is down atm.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

            121 Test centuries is quite remarkable, given Tendulkar leads the way with 51.

            Maximum most runs was fixed a while ago.

            Maximum centuries has been doubled for the CC2021, we won't be patching CC2020 with this fix.

            From your other post, the bug with International scores recording in domestic has been fixed for CC2021.

            Thanks a lot Admin.. I must say that Cricket Captain is the best cricket management game ever made, and my growing years have been so pleasant due to this game.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by galvatron View Post
              Server is down atm.
              Back up now.

              Comment


              • Hello,

                desperately need your help please. I’m playing on the iPhone version. When I go to load my current saved game the game crashes. Other saved games I’ve had previously all seem to work fine.

                Everything is up to date in terms of iOS updates and have tried resyncing dropbox.

                any thoughts would be much appreciated.

                thank you

                chris

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Chrisk View Post
                  Hello,

                  desperately need your help please. I’m playing on the iPhone version. When I go to load my current saved game the game crashes. Other saved games I’ve had previously all seem to work fine.

                  Everything is up to date in terms of iOS updates and have tried resyncing dropbox.

                  any thoughts would be much appreciated.

                  thank you

                  chris
                  Hi Chris,

                  If you've got the save synced to Dropbox we can fix this, can you please send me a message on this support form:

                  https://childishthings.com/support.php

                  Nigel

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X