X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim7 View Post

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I restarted steam and updated graphic driver but still no luck.

It's weird, I started a save with West Indies, played the first 3 day tour match and that worked. Then wasn't able to play any of the test matches after that.

Also tested a test match with Ireland vs Zimbabwe and that worked, but still not West Indies vs England.

Its the 3rd 'Play Match' button that I click. Play match which takes me to the team selection is fine, and then play match after that is fine too, but the play match that should take me to the coin toss exits me out of the program.
    This is fixed in the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by ZH8 View Post
      I observed an entire World cup and in 16 AI simulated matches the team batting second were allout between 14-38 overs. The same is true for other ODI competitions. The same issue from previous iteration is still there, teams batting second always play ultra aggressively and get allout quickly in losing contests. I would expect at best 6-7 matches in whole tournament where team batting second would get allout under 40 overs, not 16 out of 48 matches.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619022901_1.jpg
Views:	1390
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	70079Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619023247_1.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	70080Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619023355_1.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	412.3 KB
ID:	70081Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619023429_1.jpg
Views:	1353
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	70082Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619023450_1.jpg
Views:	1351
Size:	410.3 KB
ID:	70083
      I'm going to have a chat with Chris about this later today.

Comment

Originally posted by ARW96 View Post
        First of all some good points in my opinion:

The 100 (I was a bit unsure about this but actually enjoy it and think it’s a good addition)
        DLS - a nice new addition

Things that need improving:

AI selection - got a couple of examples - for some reason England have not selected a spinner in tests for 2 seasons?

County sides who choose to play on a spinning track at home but then don’t pick any spinners?

One Day and T20 is STILL impossible to win!???? I have no issues with first class game but since a couple of years ago the white ball game is so difficult and really not enjoyable to play.

In The 100 there should be a squad limit rather than being able to buy as many players as you want as it takes players away from the English Domestic scene.

So far I’ve had players retire at the end of the season but I no longer have the little pop up to tell me.
        1) AI selection - For just home tests or away as well?

2) What squad sizes are you finding getting picked for the 100?

3) I'm checking on the retirement box with Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

1) AI selection - For just home tests or away as well?

2) What squad sizes are you finding getting picked for the 100?

3) I'm checking on the retirement box with Andy.
          For both home and away tests and I think even with home tests, 99% of the time the home team would still pick a spinning option.

And I was able to select 24 players for my 100 squad, it’s not a massive thing but just think it would help make it feel more realistic.

I know it seems like I’m just picking faults and I don’t want to just be negative as I have bought the game every year, but just think there are a couple of quick wins to make everything more realistic

Comment

Not at all ARW96.

A squad limit for the 100 should be simple, Chris and I went back and forth on this quite a bit. I'm discussing this with him now. 24 is too big.

Who were you playing as when you didn't get the retirement box? It won't show if managing an international team.

Spinners is a more tricky issue, we will investigate.

Comment

Just noticed that in the domestic one-day cup in England, the two tables are muddled up. Some South teams are in the North group, and vice-versa.

Comment

philbengey95

Thanks, just a typo in the group names as these are no longer north/south. I have asked Andy to update.

New Steam patch is live, version 20.02
                - Fixed crash playing as West Indies
                - Updated database including feedback from various sources
                - Fixed Indian 20 Over 2019 team results

Comment

Not at all ARW96.

A squad limit for the 100 should be simple, Chris and I went back and forth on this quite a bit. I'm discussing this with him now. 24 is too big.

Who were you playing as when you didn't get the retirement box? It won't show if managing an international team.

Spinners is a more tricky issue, we will investigate.
                  Thanks for the quick response.

I think in the real life competition is was meant to be 16 I believe, think it was 15 from the draft and 1 wildcard?

I was managing Warwickshire and it was Jeetan Patel who had retired.

Thanks for looking into the spinners, I understand it’s a bit trickier but would make such a difference!

Comment

Love the game, rain affected Odi Sri lanka make 317 from 43 overs, dont know if it's a bug but target seems so high from 20 overs lol
                    Last edited by aleontiou; 06-19-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I'm going to have a chat with Chris about this later today.
                      I think this is one of the major issues with the game. Very difficult to chase a high total, when in real life teams are now capable of chasing high scores. There isn't a lot of rotating the strike in order to keep the strike rate in touch. Also, too many first ball ducks in OD/T20.

4 day and tests are great, would love OD and T20 to be the same standard.

100 squads are also so big that my squad was decimated in the first season!

Comment

Just hit the hundred in a Hampshire/Southampton save and missed the first hundred game to play a one day cup game, I was under the impression this was meant to be the other way around? Also more of a rating point but the AI seemed to pick both George Garton and Craig Overton over Tymal Mills which doesn't seem overly realistic for a short format.
                        Last edited by Hampshire; 06-19-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aleontiou View Post
                          Love the game, rain affected Odi Sri lanka make 317 from 43 overs, dont know if it's a bug but target seems so high from 20 overs lol
                          When was the rain break in the first innings? Was it before the match started or during the innings?

Hampshire Should be 100 as priority, am checking now.

Comment

Originally posted by ARW96 View Post

Thanks for the quick response.

I think in the real life competition is was meant to be 16 I believe, think it was 15 from the draft and 1 wildcard?

I was managing Warwickshire and it was Jeetan Patel who had retired.

Thanks for looking into the spinners, I understand it’s a bit trickier but would make such a difference!
                            We found the 16 wasn't quite enough, Chris is investigating.

With the way the system is setup, the OD Trophy has been massively devalued by the ECB to get the 100 in to the season.

Thanks for info on Jeetan and Warwickshire.

Comment

How about the calendar, in the game Australia play Bangladesh at home in June 2020 but in real life it would have been played in Bangladesh at the same time

Comment

We found the 16 wasn't quite enough, Chris is investigating.

With the way the system is setup, the OD Trophy has been massively devalued by the ECB to get the 100 in to the season.

Thanks for info on Jeetan and Warwickshire.
                                No worries at all thanks for this. Don’t think it’s necessarily a problem either way but just think a limit would be good. Perhaps 22 maybe as that would in theory give you 2 playing XI’s

Comment

Working...
                                X