This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

Yes, agree that's quite unrealistic. And in your last chase of 434, India seemed to have a bowler called Kundu! Ludicrous... There are so many young prospects, but the AI will chose a bowler from a low ranked State side that plays only the minnows in the lower division!
    Actually I was playing as Ind in that save and had selected the bowler as he had a great FC record. And R Jadeja and R Ashwin were not getting the wickets for me. The series was already lost so wanted to give some new players a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post

On 2019 India chased 550+ against me in 4 sessions on a minefield. They won by at least 6 wickets, maybe 7. Happened on 2019 very regularly against India or South Africa, who always have the best batsmen.
      I was playing as Ind in that save and I don't believe that the problem is country specific. As my opposition Eng was also able to chase around 350-450 totals twice.

The current record of highest successful chases in Tests was broken twice. And this huge chases by me and AI have happened 5 times now out of the 9 Tests played which is a very high number given the record of 4th Innings scores IRL in International cricket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preed View Post

Actually I was playing as Ind in that save and had selected the bowler as he had a great FC record. And R Jadeja and R Ashwin were not getting the wickets for me. The series was already lost so wanted to give some new players a chance.
        Sorry, my bad! But there are several instances in which the AI seems to pick purely on FC records. Which is fine, but there is a huge difference between skill and ability and only certain players who have both should succeed in making the team.

Also, I suspect that Ash & Jaddu stopped getting wickets because the AI badly degrades the ability of skilled players with age. For example, Ash at 27 would be half as effective at 31, which is not the case in reality.

Same with batsmen, their ability degrades to almost half by the time they turn 31-32. Maybe it's something that Chris Child and Sureshot should look into. Most world class players come into their own at 33-36.

Comment

• I had a t20 match reduced to 19 overs per side, but the length of the powerplay increased to 7 overs rather than decreasing with the length of the innings.

I also had another match which was reduced to 14 overs midway through the first innings, yet I had no revised target for the second innings. If I'm correct, this shouldn't be the case?
          Last edited by MateGaming; 06-21-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I just played the T20 semi final, won the game but then didn't get to play the final as it was an England game. I then lost the final.

Is this supposed to happen?
            International takes priority over county. I'm assuming you're actually managing England as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

It said your private message box was full so I sent to you as a visitor message...

I only have 10 eligible players for the next match. Go to play and it will say Khan can't play because he's only a T20 player but then the match will let you play with him in the team anyway
              I've cleared some private messages up, so you should now be able to. Can you try PMing it to me again? I can't see the attachment in the visitor message.

Comment

• Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                I had a t20 match reduced to 19 overs per side, but the length of the powerplay increased to 7 overs rather than decreasing with the length of the innings.

I also had another match which was reduced to 14 overs midway through the first innings, yet I had no revised target for the second innings. If I'm correct, this shouldn't be the case?
                Have you got screenshots of the scorecard for the reduced to 14 overs match? It would be useful to know the score with wickets down when the rain came.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Have you got screenshots of the scorecard for the reduced to 14 overs match? It would be useful to know the score with wickets down when the rain came.
                  Screenshots are in my Hampshire story on here. Currently the post is unapproved as I originally added the wrong screenshots, but the ones there now are the correct ones from the 14-over match.

Comment

International takes priority over county. I'm assuming you're actually managing England as well?
                    I am England captain too. But why did I get to play the semi-final but not the final on the same day? This seems odd. If I get to play the semi, surely I can captain the 2nd half of the day?

Also, to the best of my knowledge, England players are released for T20 finals day.

Comment

I am England captain too. But why did I get to play the semi-final but not the final on the same day? This seems odd. If I get to play the semi, surely I can captain the 2nd half of the day?

Also, to the best of my knowledge, England players are released for T20 finals day.
                      Final is a day later in-game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MateGaming View Post

Screenshots are in my Hampshire story on here. Currently the post is unapproved as I originally added the wrong screenshots, but the ones there now are the correct ones from the 14-over match.
                        Okay, so to confirm:

- Gloucs get to 14 overs, match gets rained off.
                        - Your innings is now 14 overs long?
                        - You show that you lost by 12 runs on DLS, but you scored 101 to their 114, which suggests it did alter the scores. Unless you actually lost by 13 and it's a typo.

Comment

Final is a day later in-game.
                          Why is it now on a different day? The ECB still had this scheduled as all on one day for 2020?

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/1408680/e...-2020-sell-out

Comment

Okay, so to confirm:

- Gloucs get to 14 overs, match gets rained off.
                            - Your innings is now 14 overs long?
                            - You show that you lost by 12 runs on DLS, but you scored 101 to their 114, which suggests it did alter the scores. Unless you actually lost by 13 and it's a typo.
                            The rain came about 5-6 overs into Gloucs' innings if I remember correctly, and it was reduced to 14 overs.

Without knowing how DLS works fully, I would have assumed that because they lost six overs midway through their innings. Although I know wickets lost has an effect so maybe this was the reason behind such a small adjustment.

Scored 101 to their 114, game says a defeat by 12 runs on DLS.

Comment

• The record screen at the end of the match doesn't show correctly.
                              It should be a best bowling in match record
                              Attached Files

Comment

I've cleared some private messages up, so you should now be able to. Can you try PMing it to me again? I can't see the attachment in the visitor message.
                                You should have it now

Comment

Working...
                                X