Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay this is pretty much how I remember my match turning out! But yeah I think it's just random this was the first time it happened in icc2020 but yeah like I said before used to happen 2-5% in icc2019 at the summary screen

Comment

• Originally posted by alexholowczak View Post

This. And it was the same when I last played the game several years ago. It was always too difficult to bowl a team out in the 4th innings, and you can sense from the game that that's no matter what you do, they're going to get the runs. It's just as bad as the ODI point made a bit further on in that it was too predictable. It was entirely out of the flow of the match that WI would get 371/4 here (particularly in 2000), but it felt inevitable from about 100/1 that I was never going to get them out. (It would have helped if I had a decent spinner, but nevertheless they chalked these off at nearly four an over...)

And OK, it is a sample size of 1, but it felt just like it did a few years ago and then I read your post!

Click image for larger version Name:	yawn.png Views:	0 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	70654
      This is always a tough one to balance. There have been some changes this year, with the AI more likely to attempt to chase targets with high run-rates. They’ll give up if they lose wickets, but should try if they don’t. So the only real factor we have to play with here is the effects of the pitch. We’ve had some people complaining that it’s impossible to win batting 2nd because the pitch effects are too strong, so I’m hesitant to change it. The games I’ve played have felt really good this year, with some exiting chases ending up in wins for either team (and some draws too).

I remember several tests with Brian Lara batting where I had the distinct feeling no one was ever going to get him out. Asking Michael Vaughan and Graham Hick to get him is always going to be a tough ask.

Comment

• Not sure it's purely a "bug" per-se, but in the absence of a generic feedback thread - am I the only one that's seeing a lot of first class games where scores in the 3rd/4th innings of games seem to be higher than the 1st/2nd innings?

Know there are occasions where "batting gets easier", but it feels like the majority of games I play, regardless of pitch wear, that scores go up on days three and four...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Child View Post

We’ve had some people complaining that it’s impossible to win batting 2nd because the pitch effects are too strong, so I’m hesitant to change it.
          Huh... I'd agree about struggles batting 2nd but more I can never seem to get a team out in the 3rd inning. Also feel like runs from the tail are a bit overpowered...

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyb View Post

Huh... I'd agree about struggles batting 2nd but more I can never seem to get a team out in the 3rd inning. Also feel like runs from the tail are a bit overpowered...
            I had been thinking that the pitch in the game always deteriorates when in real life it can actually become easier to bat. Sometimes the pitch just gets slower and easier to bat on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Child View Post

This is always a tough one to balance. There have been some changes this year, with the AI more likely to attempt to chase targets with high run-rates. They’ll give up if they lose wickets, but should try if they don’t. So the only real factor we have to play with here is the effects of the pitch. We’ve had some people complaining that it’s impossible to win batting 2nd because the pitch effects are too strong, so I’m hesitant to change it. The games I’ve played have felt really good this year, with some exiting chases ending up in wins for either team (and some draws too).

I remember several tests with Brian Lara batting where I had the distinct feeling no one was ever going to get him out. Asking Michael Vaughan and Graham Hick to get him is always going to be a tough ask.
              While he isn't exactly Shane Warne, I would have liked to have selected Robert Croft ... but he was injured somehow. Because you've got the squad of people who actually played in the 2000 series, I had no opportunity to call up Phil Tufnell, or Ian Salisbury, or whoever might have been next in line back then. It occurred to me when Croft got injured that I'd have a problem if Alec Stewart got injured because there was no backup wicket-keeper. So when a turning pitch came up, I had to settle for Hick & Vaughan if I wanted spin. Gough, Caddick and Hoggard didn't do very well at all.

Comment

• For the Pakistan test team, the game selects abid ali.at 6 when he opens the batting in the test team. Azhar ali bats at 3

Also the ai selects imam ul haq when shan masood is the main (test) opener along with abid ali at the moment.

Comment

• Not 100% sure on this but I think during rain delays in 50 overs matches the bowlers aren't recovering stamina.

Comment

• Not sure this is strictly a bug, but does the game consider a bowler to have an equal chance of getting a wicket regardless of which side of the wicket he is bowling from?

Only, instances where you have a left armer bowling around the wicket at a left handed bat, or right armer bowling around the wicket to a right handed bat 1) seem to happen way too often and 2) seem to result in just as likely a chance of getting a wicket.

This... should not be the case. LBW's happen way too often and (while I know the animations are what they are) some of the ways batsman get out caught/bowled in this manner clearly look odd. I feel the game should factor this into account and AI should do it less. Feels like cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyb View Post
                      Not sure this is strictly a bug, but does the game consider a bowler to have an equal chance of getting a wicket regardless of which side of the wicket he is bowling from?

Only, instances where you have a left armer bowling around the wicket at a left handed bat, or right armer bowling around the wicket to a right handed bat 1) seem to happen way too often and 2) seem to result in just as likely a chance of getting a wicket.

This... should not be the case. LBW's happen way too often and (while I know the animations are what they are) some of the ways batsman get out caught/bowled in this manner clearly look odd. I feel the game should factor this into account and AI should do it less. Feels like cheating.
                      I agree with this. Why I always like to have a left arm bowler in the team as it means I can get some dodgy LBWs that pitch outside of the RHB leg stump!

Comment

• Okay, so I have faced this bug in previous editions of Cricket captain as well. Firstly, I should mention that I am not really into newgen players when it comes to international cricket but at some point of the game you have to play newgens to your international team. Now it is kind of easy to judge them with countries that have a playable domestic cricket but problem happens with Bangladesh as only BPL is playable. So the problem is every year when newgens become available, it becomes really tough to judge them until they play Domestic FC and List A matches, but most of these newgens generated in Bangladesh save don't get domestic contract, doesn’t matter how good they play in BPL or even in national team, they just don't get domestic contract. If you ask percentage then I would say almost 50% of these newgens don’t get domestic contract, surprisingly the good ones are mostly the players who don't get Domestic contract. Playing 10-15 years in a game save, it gets annoying when this happens, I really think that this should be fixed .

Comment

• I still think there are too many wickets off no balls... I play tests and FC with wickets and chances on and there are usually two wickets from no balls in each test and FC game. This seems wholly unrealistic.

I just checked and there were only around 21 no balls in the entire England V South Africa series recently, several of the innings yielded 0 no balls.

It's just not something that happens this frequently.

Can this be looked at please?

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                            I still think there are too many wickets off no balls... I play tests and FC with wickets and chances on and there are usually two wickets from no balls in each test and FC game. This seems wholly unrealistic.

I just checked and there were only around 21 no balls in the entire England V South Africa series recently, several of the innings yielded 0 no balls.

It's just not something that happens this frequently.

Can this be looked at please?
                            To follow on from that I think Caught and Bowled percentage needs to drop a bit and also LBW's from round the wicket when a right handers bowls at at right hander or left v left

It's a tactic that gets used a lot on the game compared to real life, when do you really see a right handed bowler going round the wicket to a right handed batsmen

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

To follow on from that I think Caught and Bowled percentage needs to drop a bit and also LBW's from round the wicket when a right handers bowls at at right hander or left v left

It's a tactic that gets used a lot on the game compared to real life, when do you really see a right handed bowler going round the wicket to a right handed batsmen
                              I still think there are too many wickets that are just bowled in first class matches on the game - granted I don't have statistics to back that up but I feel like bowled is way too high and caught in the corden isn't high enough.

Especially in swinging conditions - when you're bowling well those seem to manifest themselves as more bowled or LBW than caught in the corden, where's generally in real life I'd say swinging conditions generally lead to more edges.

Comment

• I also think retired hurt happens way too often. Playing a test match V Pakistan and we've both had a player retired hurt in the first innings. It doesn't happen that often at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X