This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shrav99 View Post
    So I am playing 2023 worldcup on career mode and out of nowhere NZ select this young player to Williamson (who isn't even injured or outta form) and scores 194* on debut. This guy hadn't even scored a od century to justify his selection that too for worldcup.

There have been many cases like this in my save another example is Joe Root who avg 70 plus for the past 3 years in tests gets replaced on and off by some random younger player avging 45 in fc cricket. Grandhomme scoring unbeaten 200 in test and getting dropped. Kohli for many editions of Cricket Captain was a under-rated player but this edition he was as good as in real life but still gets replaced :/.

It seems very unfair and disheartening to me that the AI knows which player would perform better completely disregarding the statistics, while we humans select mostly based on form and statistics. Either the AI needs to select better or we need a way to see the skills and potential of a player which has been mentioned by a lot of cc players in the past.

Also is it not possible for AFG and IRE to qualify for test championships? I had this trouble in cc19

Comment

• I can't select Mohammad Abbas in the Test team because Nottingham don't have enough players. Surely that isn't my problem and international takes priority?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post
        I can't select Mohammad Abbas in the Test team because Nottingham don't have enough players. Surely that isn't my problem and international takes priority?
        Have you got a save from before this? If so, can you PM it to me.

Comment

• Started the save a few days ago, but it's fine as I was just playing the demo, waiting for android release.

Just thought I'd let you know in case it was still an issue in the current version

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post

Is there any feedback for this?
            Right, looking for some more feedback here.

If we completely randomise it, some grounds won't host, like Auckland. Do any grounds always host a test? Ie, in England Lord's always host a match in a series (current WI series excluded).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Right, looking for some more feedback here.

If we completely randomise it, some grounds won't host, like Auckland. Do any grounds always host a test? Ie, in England Lord's always host a match in a series (current WI series excluded).
              If you go on to the team records and look at ground records, it is the order that the venues are listed which is the order in which fixtures are played. It is also the same for white ball matches.
              To answer your question, I'm not 100% sure about that, except Lord's of course.

Just to add as well, I don't think Hobart has been included in the game.

Comment

• Simon Sorry, I meant in real life do any grounds in NZ always host matches, like Lord's does in an England series.

Hobart is in the grounds database.

Comment

Simon Sorry, I meant in real life do any grounds in NZ always host matches, like Lord's does in an England series.

I'm not 100% sure about this.
                  I think Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland are the most popular. I think the tests are then shared around a bit between Dunedin, Mount Maunugai, Hamilton and Nelson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post
                    Okay, so I have faced this bug in previous editions of Cricket captain as well. Firstly, I should mention that I am not really into newgen players when it comes to international cricket but at some point of the game you have to play newgens to your international team. Now it is kind of easy to judge them with countries that have a playable domestic cricket but problem happens with Bangladesh as only BPL is playable. So the problem is every year when newgens become available, it becomes really tough to judge them until they play Domestic FC and List A matches, but most of these newgens generated in Bangladesh save don't get domestic contract, doesn’t matter how good they play in BPL or even in national team, they just don't get domestic contract. If you ask percentage then I would say almost 50% of these newgens don’t get domestic contract, surprisingly the good ones are mostly the players who don't get Domestic contract. Playing 10-15 years in a game save, it gets annoying when this happens, I really think that this should be fixed .
                    Hi Sureshot . I haven’t got CC20 yet as I'm waiting for android version.

I faced this same problem with last year's cricket captain game . Regen players generated in Bangladesh save (also Srilankan saves I guess) often stay without domestic contract, some of them are good enough to play well in international cricket but even after playing well on international level, they never get domestic contract. So, it can be said that mostly regen players with no domestic contract at the start of their career never get domestic contract . Is it already fixed??

Comment

• Originally posted by BDplayer View Post

Hi Sureshot . I haven’t got CC20 yet as I'm waiting for android version.

I faced this same problem with last year's cricket captain game . Regen players generated in Bangladesh save (also Srilankan saves I guess) often stay without domestic contract, some of them are good enough to play well in international cricket but even after playing well on international level, they never get domestic contract. So, it can be said that mostly regen players with no domestic contract at the start of their career never get domestic contract . Is it already fixed??
                      Yep was the same with Afghanistan on CC19 too

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post

Yep was the same with Afghanistan on CC19 too
                        I guess that happens in every international team save with no playable domestic FC league (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan)

Comment

Simon Sorry, I meant in real life do any grounds in NZ always host matches, like Lord's does in an England series.

Just checked about Hobart. As you say it is the game but not listed as a international venue on the grounds records though.
                          So Tasmania will play there but Australia won't.

Comment

• Sureshot my game file seems to have become corrupted, and it says not enough data to available to attempt recovery. Is it possible to recover the file somehow ? (I did sync on Dropbox)

Comment

• My bottom bar has stopped working. So I'm unable to click continue to get the game moving and can't use the options button either, anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Comment

• Just found a bug in the online game. I was asked if I wanted my opponent to follow on, I said no. The game said you have enforced your opponent to follow on. Both of us were on batting screens but could still chat just no longer play, see attached screen shot.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X