Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx54321 As I said, I think there are two schools of thought regarding this. I just wanted to offer my perspective, which is that I am extremely happy with this aspect of the game the way it is. This is literally my favourite part of the game and it is the thing I would be most unhappy to see changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post
      Lynx54321 As I said, I think there are two schools of thought regarding this. I just wanted to offer my perspective, which is that I am extremely happy with this aspect of the game the way it is. This is literally my favourite part of the game and it is the thing I would be most unhappy to see changed.
      I agree with you about regens. I don’t mind regens because new players keep coming through in real life also but here the main problem is real life youngstars being under-rated often. Now we can rate them using your editor(sadly easy mode only) but an official implementation would be better in this case. I don't see nerfing regens as an option as it could destroy the balance of the game, 10 to 15 years deep in the game but real life youngstars need to rated in the game and that can be done without nerfing regens

Comment

Lynx54321 As I said, I think there are two schools of thought regarding this. I just wanted to offer my perspective, which is that I am extremely happy with this aspect of the game the way it is. This is literally my favourite part of the game and it is the thing I would be most unhappy to see changed.
        Again I'm not saying regens are a problem in or themselves.

The issue is that the real life players do not develop.

18 year olds in the database should develop and become first team players, they don't.

Some 18 year old real players should rock up to the start of a new season having experienced a massive boost over the winter ready to play every game the same way a player can break through in real life.

Development is seemingly non existent or at least far too slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Again I'm not saying regens are a problem in or themselves.

The issue is that the real life players do not develop.

18 year olds in the database should develop and become first team players, they don't.

Some 18 year old real players should rock up to the start of a new season having experienced a massive boost over the winter ready to play every game the same way a player can break through in real life.

Development is seemingly non existent or at least far too slow.
          How about all good young players are boosted to a similar level to good regens? The problem at the moment is player ability is based on previous stats so a player might be said to be the next superstar but if they currently average 10 in FC cricket they won’t have good ability

Comment

• Can we have all the suicidal run outs fixed please?

Batsmen tapping the ball to silly point and then charging down the wicket is utterly ludicrous, especially when it's the first few overs. This just wouldn't happen and it's ruining so many games.

Comment

The game crashes regularly (in perhaps 25% of matches) when I click "Bat" or "Bowl" after the coin toss.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no editing involved whatsoever. A brand new (unedited) savegame is attached, which reproduces the crash on every load. The forum's attachment size limit is too small, so I split the savegame into a multi-part zip to upload. However, the forum rejected file extensions ".zip.001", ".zip.002", etc, so I renamed to ".001.zip" etc. It's probably easiest to reverse this in order to extract using conventional tools (e.g. 7zip).

By crash, I mean the game exits immediately without any error message. No matter how many times I reload the savegame, the same crash happens. I can skip that match and carry on as normal, but can never play that match. Most of the time this is okay, but I just had to skip (and lose) a cup final, which was a bit annoying.

I'm playing on a PC under Windows 7.
              I can't get the multi-zip to work. I've just increased the zip file size to 8MB, the cap file size is quite a bit bigger as well. Can you try again? Feel free to PM it to me if you want.

Should be a simple fix if this is a 100% repro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

I can't get the multi-zip to work. I've just increased the zip file size to 8MB, the cap file size is quite a bit bigger as well. Can you try again? Feel free to PM it to me if you want.

Should be a simple fix if this is a 100% repro.
                Sorry, I somehow never considered that .cap would be accepted. Please find the file attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                  Can we have all the suicidal run outs fixed please?

Batsmen tapping the ball to silly point and then charging down the wicket is utterly ludicrous, especially when it's the first few overs. This just wouldn't happen and it's ruining so many games.
                  Yeah would never happen...

Well almost never .

Comment

Sorry, I somehow never considered that .cap would be accepted. Please find the file attached.
                    Does this still crash for you if you restart Cricket Captain 2020 and try and load this save? I've started this match 6 times and it works fine each time, I've tried Steam as well as running the game through Visual Studio. To confirm the match in question is Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April?

If the above match is correct and it still crashes, can you confirm, what button presses you are doing in the lead up to the crash.

Comment

Does this still crash for you if you restart Cricket Captain 2020 and try and load this save? I've started this match 6 times and it works fine each time, I've tried Steam as well as running the game through Visual Studio. To confirm the match in question is Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April?

If the above match is correct and it still crashes, can you confirm, what button presses you are doing in the lead up to the crash.
                      Yes, I just tried again after exiting Cricket Captain (and exiting Steam) and get the same result. Yes, it's Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April.

I can reproduce the behaviour every time with the following mouse clicks (after clicking "Load" to load the savegame):
                      1. Play Match
                      2. Play Match
                      3. Play Match
                      4. Heads
                      5. Bowl
                      I'll try reinstalling Cricket Captain just in case.

EDIT: Sureshot After reinstalling Cricket Captain, it worked first time. Sorry for wasting your time - it looks like this was a problem on my side. I wonder if the SSD with all my work on it is failing...
                      Last edited by weetabixharry; 07-27-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Yes, I just tried again after exiting Cricket Captain (and exiting Steam) and get the same result. Yes, it's Yorkshire vs Surrey on 25th April.

I can reproduce the behaviour every time with the following mouse clicks (after clicking "Load" to load the savegame):
                        1. Play Match
                        2. Play Match
                        3. Play Match
                        4. Heads
                        5. Bowl
                        I'll try reinstalling Cricket Captain just in case.

EDIT: Sureshot After reinstalling Cricket Captain, it worked first time. Sorry for wasting your time - it looks like this was a problem on my side. I wonder if the SSD with all my work on it is failing...
                        Hmm, now that is interesting, it could be a file getting corrupted, which can happen with anti-virus software, etc, it might be a good idea to sort by recent on your installed programs and see if anything new has been installed recently (ie, during the time it went from working to not working). You can also use the Steam verify files function, very useful:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

Please keep me informed of any changes. Crashes are major issues that take priority for us to fix, they are normally very quick to fix once repeated, but can take ages to repeat!

Comment

• A couple of things, not sure if they've been mentioned already:

1. Irish players are still counted as "domestic" in the English county game. As of this season, they should either be overseas players (like Paul Stirling at Northants) or "Kolpak" players (for the purposes of the game, I guess, like Stuart Poynter or Tim Murtagh).

2. When playing outside England, I never seem to get notifications when one of my players is injured, has recovered, or is off playing elsewhere in a T20 league (you have to look at "Current Comp" to find out where they've gone).

3. How common are overseas players in some leagues in real life? I'm no expert, but I'd guess that, outside England, they're more so the exception than the rule. Could the game reflect that?

4. Is there a way of moving the start date for all non-English competitions back so that you're actually playing the right season (i.e. 2019) with the right players? Similarly, is there a way of getting the game to stop a reasonable time before your first competitive match so that you can set up some meaningful coaching in advance (as you can generally do in England)?

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Cheers.
                          Last edited by steelback; 07-30-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Have just finished an international season with England and I didn't get the season completed screen. Also the achievements for being number 1 in the odi rankings at the end of the year didn't unlock

Comment

The game crashes regularly (in perhaps 25% of matches) when I click "Bat" or "Bowl" after the coin toss.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no editing involved whatsoever. A brand new (unedited) savegame is attached, which reproduces the crash on every load. The forum's attachment size limit is too small, so I split the savegame into a multi-part zip to upload. However, the forum rejected file extensions ".zip.001", ".zip.002", etc, so I renamed to ".001.zip" etc. It's probably easiest to reverse this in order to extract using conventional tools (e.g. 7zip).

By crash, I mean the game exits immediately without any error message. No matter how many times I reload the savegame, the same crash happens. I can skip that match and carry on as normal, but can never play that match. Most of the time this is okay, but I just had to skip (and lose) a cup final, which was a bit annoying.

I'm playing on a PC under Windows 7.
                              Happened to me in 2025 too. Tried loading the saved game 5-7 times, but crashes.

Comment

Wilted

We're still working on this, proving exceptionally tough to recreate in a debug environment (and thus so we can see what the code is doing). Charles has an iPad 2 arriving tomorrow, so hopefully we can repeat and debug on that. We think it's memory-related.
                                Any updates on this? I'm waiting to start a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X