X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

First thing to try is Verifying the game files:

Right click on Cricket Captain 2020 in Steam Library and select Properties
    Go to Local Files, then select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

If that doesn't work, let me know.
    Done that, still not working sadly.

Comment

Yes, the achievement is for winning it with a non-Test side.
      Sorry, it says win win Bangladesh or Afghanistan, and no non test sides can play the odi World Cup. How should I get the achievement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spockyt View Post

Done that, still not working sadly.
        Can you please send us your game save and we will see if we can repeat this

Press Windows key and R on your keyboard, in the run dialog copy this and hit enter:
        %AppData%\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2020\Saves
        If you can't see this folder you may need to enable hidden folders.

Then find your relevant save and please send to us. You should be able to attach it to a Private Message and send that to me.

If it works on our machines, then it'll be an issue with your machine, possibly a driver update or newly installed piece of software.

Comment

• I’m not sure the change of ends is working properly in the 100 tournament. As I understand it, a change of ends should occur every 10 balls (no matter whether the same bowler is being used for 10 balls or not). In game it seems to be pretty random as to whether the same batsman stays on strike at the end of a 5-ball over or not. Sometimes they’re changing ends after 5 balls, sometimes they’re not changing ends after 10 balls, neither of which is correct. Hope that makes sense!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lojoda View Post

Sorry, it says win win Bangladesh or Afghanistan, and no non test sides can play the odi World Cup. How should I get the achievement?
            Sorry, I was confusing the ODI and 20 Over world cup achievements. I'm checking with Andy on this issue.

Comment

Sorry, I was confusing the ODI and 20 Over world cup achievements. I'm checking with Andy on this issue.
              No problem

Comment

No problem
                It should unlock straight after the end of match screens before returning to the main screen. We've checked the code and can't see why it wouldn't unloc k nd some people have unlocked it.

Was Steam online?

Have you checked your achievements for the game through Steam itself? Might be that the popup didn't appear.

Comment

• Originally posted by djmaddison8 View Post
                  I’m not sure the change of ends is working properly in the 100 tournament. As I understand it, a change of ends should occur every 10 balls (no matter whether the same bowler is being used for 10 balls or not). In game it seems to be pretty random as to whether the same batsman stays on strike at the end of a 5-ball over or not. Sometimes they’re changing ends after 5 balls, sometimes they’re not changing ends after 10 balls, neither of which is correct. Hope that makes sense!
                  Good spot.

Chris has fixed this, I'm just testing the fix now.

Comment

It should unlock straight after the end of match screens before returning to the main screen. We've checked the code and can't see why it wouldn't unloc k nd some people have unlocked it.

Was Steam online?

Have you checked your achievements for the game through Steam itself? Might be that the popup didn't appear.
                    I definitely haven’t got the achievement Win the ODI World Cup Scenario beyond all odds and have checked the achievement list. At the end of the World Cup final I got the achievement ODI World Cup Champions so the general achievement system was working, and by getting into the semi finals I got the ODI World Cup Semi-Finals (with Afghanistan or Bangladesh) achievement. I played this tournament on very easy mode but I didn’t think that would be the issue.
                    As an aside, Ireland and maybe Zimbabwe should be added to the achievement in case a player gets to the World Cup in their career instead of tournament mode

Comment

I definitely haven’t got the achievement Win the ODI World Cup Scenario beyond all odds and have checked the achievement list. At the end of the World Cup final I got the achievement ODI World Cup Champions so the general achievement system was working, and by getting into the semi finals I got the ODI World Cup Semi-Finals (with Afghanistan or Bangladesh) achievement. I played this tournament on very easy mode but I didn’t think that would be the issue.
                      As an aside, Ireland and maybe Zimbabwe should be added to the achievement in case a player gets to the World Cup in their career instead of tournament mode

We've found the issue with it now.

This achievement is only for the scenario mode, so we won't be updating it for Career mode.

Comment

We've found the issue with it now.

This achievement is only for the scenario mode, so we won't be updating it for Career mode.
                        Great, thanks. I’ll try again after the next update

Comment

Great, thanks. I’ll try again after the next update
                          What we've done here is changed the achievement description, so this achievement is now for winning with Afghanistan in the ODI World Cup scenario. We feel it's probably no longer as much an achievement with Bangladesh, who are a better side now than they once were.

Comment

• I think county finances should be looked at. Currently for example Gloucestershire have a budget that is one of the highest in the game yet in real life they're certainly one of the minnows.

https://shura.shu.ac.uk › Plum...PDF
                            Howzat? The Financial Health of English Cricket - Sheffield Hallam ...

If you follow this link and scroll down a bit there is a fantastic graph showing the counties ranked by turnover.

At the moment no matter which county you start at you have a small amount of cash to play with and sign a couple players even though some county squads are already stacked. The combination inflates lots of budgets massively.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking over a county and having to manage a tough financial situation where you have to make tough choices in your squad after the first season. For example if I'm Gloucestershire I'd have to really think about who to renew and who to release at the end of the first season unless I've raked in some serious prize money. At the moment they're far too flush. Another example is Durham who are shafted in real life and in quite some trouble yet have a huge budget in game.

I'd suggest:

Leicestershire - 650k
                            Derbyshire - 660k
                            Northants - 670k
                            Kent - 690k
                            Worcestershire - 700k
                            Gloucestershire - 740k
                            Essex - 780k
                            Middlesex -790k
                            Durham - 790k
                            Sussex - 810k
                            Somerset - 820k
                            Hampshire - 840k
                            Glamorgan - 840k
                            Yorkshire - 850k
                            Nottinghamshire - 860k
                            Lancashire - 920k
                            Warwickshire - 930k
                            Surrey - 1000k (Essentially unlimited)

Would add a real extra dynamic to county cricket which would be very realistic. Play as Somerset and can't maintain high levels of prize money? Don't expect to keep all your players.

Comment

• My game is starting to crash. It never happened before. Really annoyed as I scored 626 in 170 on medium highlights and it crashed.
                              Then I played in the morning and it crashed again

Comment

• Originally posted by adil View Post
                                My game is starting to crash. It never happened before. Really annoyed as I scored 626 in 170 on medium highlights and it crashed.
                                Then I played in the morning and it crashed again
                                I play on Android

Comment

Working...
                                X