X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2020 Database Feedback

Hi guys,

Thank you all once again for your pre-release feedback, it makes a massive difference to all of us.

I've also been pretty happy with the work done on getting the AI picking the right international squads, these are often subjective, but I feel we're really good with them this year.

I'm going to close the database feedback forum threads now we've released. I got feedback up until Tuesday. If you saw my bold comments, then it was taken on-board.

------------

Please post any feedback about the database in here.

Please use full first names, if the player surname is common. It can make it much easier to find the right player. Commenting on what squad they are in is also useful in finding a player.

Bowler speeds are:
    RF > RMF > RFM > RM

Nigel

Glenton Stuurman (South Africa, Port Elizabeth CC) is RM ingame but irl is RMF.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I havent got CC20 yet but these were some errors in the 2019 database, could you check if they are corrected this time ?

-Rizwan Hussain should be a LHB
      -Nabi Gul should be a RHB
      -Azam Khan should be a RHB

Also I know his stats dont suggest it, but Zaid Alam was an aggressive opening batsman when playing for Pak U19s few years back

Also maybe Abid Ali should be a part time WK, he kept for Pakistan in the practice game and has a few stumpings in List A and T20

Comment

As per the database forum feedback thread,

Rizwan Hussain is a LHB in the current database, for the next database update I've made the following changes.

Abid Ali to Part time keeper.
        Nabi Gul to RHB
        Azam Khan to RHB
        Zaid Alam to aggressive based on his high SR for U-19s.

Zoda Thanks for the video, looks like he has some pace. He'll be RMF in the next database update.

Comment

Can’t see where else to put this, Mohammad Nabi has retired from FC and Test for Afghanistan
          Official source of ICC Cricket news, highlights, match reports, commentary, live scores, fixtures, videos and photos. Top stories, team rankings and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lojoda View Post
            Can’t see where else to put this, Mohammad Nabi has retired from FC and Test for Afghanistan
            https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1338694
            Thanks. Fixed in next database update.

Comment

Tim Bresnan has left Yorkshire https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53083458

Comment

Don't know 100% how the contract system for the hundred works but wouldn't it be better to allow the user to select their additional pick at the start of the first season rather than the randomly allocated extra each of the teams have?

Comment

James Faulkner doesn't currently have a state contract yet seems to be getting in Australia's ODI team for their tour of England in both the saves I've looked at so far and performing quite well, may need a bit of an ability reduction?

Hmm, odd, he wasn't near the team when I was doing picks, possibly injuries affecting. In any case, I've done some other changes for Faulkner. I've also removed him from Tasmania.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 06-23-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Sureshot so I tried the demo and most of the stuff looks great, but the AI seems to be selecting Sarfaraz as Pakistan captain still, although Babar should be OD and T20 captain now, and Azhar in tests.

All International captains now updated.

Rizwan is definitely the first choice WK for Tests and ODIs as of now.

Done some more tweaks and checks, he's being picked in all formats now.

Abbas is being selected in the OD and even the T20 squads which is unlikely to happen.

Changed.

Haider Ali wasnt in the LO squads, but I guess it was just the first 2 series and he would eventually make his way into the squad. I did select him personally though and his performances were satisfying.

Also, for Khushdil Shah it says strong pace preference, when irl he's actually a beast against the spinners, but isn't that strong vs pace compared to spin.

Changed.
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Josh Shaw at Gloucestershire seems a touch underrated. He did really well last season so I feel should be rated about equal to Matt Taylor and David Payne.

Fair call, I've improved Josh Shaw.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-23-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahson8 View Post
                        Sureshot so I tried the demo and most of the stuff looks great, but the AI seems to be selecting Sarfaraz as Pakistan captain still, although Babar should be OD and T20 captain now, and Azhar in tests.

Rizwan is definitely the first choice WK for Tests and ODIs as of now.

Abbas is being selected in the OD and even the T20 squads which is unlikely to happen.

Haider Ali wasnt in the LO squads, but I guess it was just the first 2 series and he would eventually make his way into the squad. I did select him personally though and his performances were satisfying.

Also, for Khushdil Shah it says strong pace preference, when irl he's actually a beast against the spinners, but isn't that strong vs pace compared to spin.
                        Totally agree with all those points, although Khushdil Shah played pace quite well in the PSL? Not sure about his strengths, but he is definitely pretty good against pace too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

Totally agree with all those points, although Khushdil Shah played pace quite well in the PSL? Not sure about his strengths, but he is definitely pretty good against pace too.

He's definitely stronger against spin in domestic. Did well vs pace in PSL, yes but his true test would be at international level against genuine pace. I hope he succeeds there.

Also instead of Abbas, think Hasnain should be selected for ODs / T20s or maybe Wahab. Management seems to rate Hasnain for T20s atleast.

Comment

Is shadab Khan now a 20 over number 4/5 or is It too early to call? Pretty sure he batted up the order in both bpl and psl and that is his preferred position, even if he doesng bat there internationally

Comment

Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post
                              Is shadab Khan now a 20 over number 4/5 or is It too early to call? Pretty sure he batted up the order in both bpl and psl and that is his preferred position, even if he doesng bat there internationally
                              Too early IMO. I can see Haider batting at 3 in T20s and 4 in ODIs. Shadab might be promoted to 4 in T20s and 5 in ODIs but again it's way too early to say

Comment

Working...
                              X