This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We're currently checking up with Mike/Charles on when we can next do a 2020 update, we've been trying to get the final 2019 Android update out, but Google have stopped responding to us. I've been ill over the last week, so not had a chance to check up on other points posted recently, will look at that tomorrow.

Nigel
    Sorry to hear you've been ill Nige but glad you're hopefully on the mend.

Comment

• Rahkeem Cornwall opens for St Lucia in the CPL but is listed a number 3 batsman in game, perhaps he should be changed to T20 opener?

Changed him to an opener all-rounder in 20 over only.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 10-12-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
        Hi Sureshot, never a person to make things easy for you and your team, I`ve been looking at the symbols denoting the players status, EG Opener, Batsman, Wicket Keeper & Bowler. You even show a Bsm/WK, but what I believe is missing, is a different symbol for an Opener/Occasional WK. If you look at Alex Stewart, an Opener/Wk. & Gerhardus Liebenberg, who is an opener/occasional WK, they look the same. Is there anyway this can be rectified? Many Thanks, hope you can see my point on this issue, as I`m still trawling through records for more Occasional Wicket Keepers.
        I had to check whether we had this symbol, we do, I've changed Liebenberg in the next patch to a part-time keeper and he now has a part-time keeper/opener icon.

Comment

• Did you have any thoughts on the prospect rating at the top of the previous page Nige? Or on the contract length question for released players?

Also I think van Buuren at Gloucester needs tweaked. In real life he's a great t20 bowler but doesn't bowl in first class anymore. In game he bowls a lot of overs in first class. He also batted at 3 this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
            Did you have any thoughts on the prospect rating at the top of the previous page Nige? Or on the contract length question for released players?

Also I think van Buuren at Gloucester needs tweaked. In real life he's a great t20 bowler but doesn't bowl in first class anymore. In game he bowls a lot of overs in first class. He also batted at 3 this season.
            Chris and I had a chat about the prospect ratings, we don't feel this is quite the right method for dealing with this issue. Whilst it's useful to know who is "rated" better, it's a lot of guesswork and I'm not keen on x will turn in to y. Chris and I have had a chat about some plans for CC2021 for that.

The contract length isn't something we can change for this year, we've a plan for this for next year.

van Buuren has bowled quite a lot in FC through his career, including 120 overs in 10 FC matches in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Chris and I had a chat about the prospect ratings, we don't feel this is quite the right method for dealing with this issue. Whilst it's useful to know who is "rated" better, it's a lot of guesswork and I'm not keen on x will turn in to y. Chris and I have had a chat about some plans for CC2021 for that.

The contract length isn't something we can change for this year, we've a plan for this for next year.

van Buuren has bowled quite a lot in FC through his career, including 120 overs in 10 FC matches in 2019.
              To be honest I wasn't advocating the adoption of that system but based on my research that's just an idea of how I think the players named should be rated potential wise.

Re. van Buuren he only bowled 21 overs in 5 games in 2020. I'm not suggesting part time status but in game I've seen him take 50-60+ wickets which seems a bit much. Still a really good t20 bowler either way.

Comment

• Seen recently Nils Priestley signed a new contract at Derbyshire. Mal Loye described him as a powerful batsman made for limited overs cricket so I'd suggest he should be moved to agressive. He also mentioned he now bowls off spin, which fits with the drop off bowling seam post back injury though I'd still leave him part time for now. Perhaps improved a tiny bit so he at least plays ahead of the regens in the One Day cup come Hundred time which was the plan for him I'd the season had been normal.

Changed to OB and Agg.

Did Palladino get a nerf to reflect his declining role in the side (no appearances in 2020)? Conners and Aitchinson just seem ever so slightly short if where they should be in game. Melton, Cohen, Aitchison and Conners should all be much of a muchness at a sort of reasonable D2 level and all with a touch of potential to develop further.

I've nerfed Palladino. Melton needed an improvement, so I've done so. Connors and Aitchison look fair on ability, but so tough to tell with such little cricket behind them.
                Last edited by Sureshot; 01-06-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Hi Sureshot, I wonder if you would be kind enough to tell me how a player is given All rounder status? The reason I`m asking this question is, I`ve been looking up some players on Wikipedia, and discovered that many players given A/R status in CC, are just recorded as Batsmen. To name a few, Bill Edrich, Denis Compton & Peter Parfitt are just known as Batsmen, where as they clearly record Ian Botham, Trevor Bailey & Asif Iqbal as All rounders. I think it`s clear that a number of players are regarded as Batsmen, who bowled, and not genuine A/R`s. I would value your opinion , and others if they have one.

Comment

• I think at Northants Wakely needs a small nerf batting wise. I feel his batting ability is about right, I've improved Thurston who was a bit under-rated.

Zaib should be slightly better, very similar player to Sole and played quite a bit this season with Sole being released. Turns out Sole is banned from bowling. I've improved Zaib.

Jack White bowled really well and was their leading wicket taker so worth a boost too. I've improved Jack White.
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 01-06-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Latest DB feedback

First of all this database update has resulted in my eyes in the most accurate database yet so thank you Nige! Thanks for all your input, it's a great joint effort.

Derbyshire

I think Aitchison and Conners need their bowling boosted ever so slightly with Palladino and Cohen going the opposite way again ever so slightly. I've looked at these and outside of Palladino (as above), i feel their abilities are fair.

Priestley should be aggressive and bowl OS. Changed.

Wood should have normal aggression. Fair call, early in his career still.

Glamorgan

Douthwaite should be a t20 opener. Changed.

R.Smith should be RMF. Changed

Conor Brown seems to be playing well on all 3 saves I've started since the patch and the AI is picking him often so given his real life record and release may need a big nerf. If not then worth investigating why the AI picks him ahead of Hemphrey and Cooke. I've nerfed Brown, he wasn't good, but a bit over-rated. For reference his ability was barely better than Hemphrey/Cooke.

Gloucestershire

Cockbain now no longer gets in the first class side which is good but he's now struggling to get in the white ball sides as well. Still feel the only accurate way to portray him will be a batting boost and first class retirement. I feel this is a fair call now, no FC cricket in 2020 either. I've improved him and also nerfed Willows, who was rated too highly.

Lace is still uncontracted. Doh, silly bug, I've fixed it.

Dent should be available for t20s. I've unretired him from 20 Over.

Shaw never plays so may need a bowling nudge, he should be around the same level as M.Taylor. I've slightly improved Shaw, and made some tweaks to the AI.

Leicestershire

Azad still plays all formats, perhaps it's not possible for the game to limit his white ball appearances without impacting his red ball ability? I've made a further nerf to his ability, as he didn't have a good FC season.

Swindells is better but still never picked by the AI ahead of Hill so perhaps still needs to be closer to the latter. Still think he should be defensive after this season where his s/r was 48 in the BW Trophy and 123 in the Blast, small sample admittedly but I think reflective of him maturing at county level after beginning his career very young. Also no longer a t20 opener. Fair call, changed Swindells to middle order and def. Also now will be picked for FC by the AI, also tweaked Hill to balance that for FC AI pick.

Ben Mike is similar, he looked very powerful with the bat this season so I think should be normal agression. Fair call, changed.

Middlesex

Luke Hollman had a breakthrough season so needs a small batting boost and decent bowling boost especially in t20s.

I'm going to leave his batting ability as is, I feel that is fair based on his U19 record and seeing what his season scores have been like. I've improved him with the ball by quite a bit.

Northants

Thurston still not quite good enough, perhaps another small boost with Wakely getting nerfed. See above.

See post about Zaib and J.White above. See above.

Somerset

Abell isn't getting in the t20 side anymore. I think it's because the game picks from Banton, Azam, Lammonby, Davies and Byrom to open. Believe again that Abell should be 3 in all formats. Okay, I've dropped him to 3 now.

Goldsworthy's bowling seems spot on but batting is perhaps a bit poor after the promise he showed this season. In my current save he's played 46 games across all formats over 3 seasons but highest score is 28. I've given him a small increase with the bat.

Sale is still never selected. This is an awkward balance, I've improved him again and retired Brooks from OD/20 Over. Philander not playing in real life this season is throwing the numbers a bit.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 01-06-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Hi Sureshot, pleased with the database update, but hope that in the near future, you will be able to amend the status of all the players named in my post on 10/17/2020, in the Miscellaneous Database Feedback. All were Occasional Wicket Keepers. I think that my input into the ATG`s, is nearing the end, although I do have reservations about the classification of them as All Rounders.

Comment

• From the uncontracted the list the below need nerfed:

Ben Cotton His rating isn't that good and matches his history, not sure I can justify him being nerfed.
                          Aadil Ali Very fair call, nerfed.
                          Jeremy Lawlor Not particularly good, but I've slightly nerfed as he was probably a bit higher than he should be.
                          Matt Coles He's not that good with the ball, his batting ability matches his real world numbers. i can't nerf him with the ball any more.
                          Simi Singh (Should be overseas also) Agree that he's too good with the ball, I've nerfed him. The Irish bug is being looked at.
                          Brad Wadlan I've nerfed his batting slightly, his bowling ability is nothing special. Not sure I can nerf him with the ball any more.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 01-06-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Sureshot I know you you will be really really angry but can you please revert back to old Pakistan kit in the next update. I like the last one way more than this one as I have found hard to diffrentiate between kit colour and player colour. It will be very kind to do so if possible

Comment

• Something that i wanted to put out there is that Haider Ali has opened the innings in domestic cricket and U19 cricket but for Pakistan he plays in the top order. In-game he's noted as an opener across all formats. Could that be changed to: 4 in OD, 3 in T20 and opener in FC.

I'm not sure here, he's only ever opened in domestic cricket, he opened throughout the U19 WC last year, so I think he will stay as an opener for now.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 01-06-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• A few players in Australia need a fix
                                Swepson he's in great shield form and is Australia's 2nd choice test spinner I've improved him.

Pucovski just made back to back 200s and is in the test squad, should be an opening in fc as well He's been improved and changed to opener in all forms.

K Richardson doesn't play for SA in game but he plays for Australia often irl I've improved Kane and improved his AI selection.

Meredith has been great in the bbl the past 2 seasons and has been in the T20 squad His ability is good, potential even better, I can't improve him from where he is.
                                zampa should be better as he is a limited overs regular I've improved his domestic AI selection.

agar's bowling should be better as well Wes or Ashton?

mark Steketee and Jack wildermuth should be nerfedI've nerfed Steketee slightly, I can't see any issues with Wildermuth's ability with bat or ball., he's not strong in either, really.
                                also update bbl lists when completed The 20 Over squads are being updated.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 01-06-2021, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X