No announcement yet.

The Need for a Game Editor & other thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, if I had the ability to alter the opposition's batting order during a game, why wouldn't I just put in all their poor batsmen high up? And mess them around? It just lets me cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
      I mean, if I had the ability to alter the opposition's batting order during a game, why wouldn't I just put in all their poor batsmen high up? And mess them around? It just lets me cheat.
      Maybe you could exercise some self control.

Comment

I think you're missing the point completely. With an editor, it's not possible to alter the batting order during a game. It will just help the AI select a squad and batting order more realistically before the game / innings starts!
        Last edited by ruby23; 06-28-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

I think you're missing the point completely. With an editor, it's not possible to alter the batting order during a game. It will just help the AI select a squad and batting order more realistically before the game / innings starts!
          So you want an editor to improve the AI?

Wouldn't that just be an issue for the designers to improve the game AI? Again, an editor seems completely superfluous to me...

Comment

So you want an editor to improve the AI?

Wouldn't that just be an issue for the designers to improve the game AI? Again, an editor seems completely superfluous to me...
            The developers have a limited budget and therefore a limited amount of time to spend on these improvements. Some have been requested for many years, but haven't found their way into the game yet.

Some people rant about this, others try to find their own way to fix it. The tool for doing so is an editor.

Comment

This would be an extremely strange and convoluted way to cheat. If you really just want to win, then just watch a couple of 5-minute YouTube videos on generic computer game cheating and you can win every game by a billion runs. Cheating is very easy; writing an editor is not.

As ruby23 said, I think you're really missing the point of an editor. As I mentioned to you previously when you mentioned using an editor to cheat:

I think the objective is almost always to improve the longevity of the game and/or to (in the user's opinion) improve realism.

Comment

As Harry said, if you wanted to cheat in CC, there are easy ways to do it. You can literally regularly save the game and force quit it at any point and rack up as many runs as you want. It's incredibly easy to cheat. The point of an editor is to allow us to increase realism instead of having to construct massive lists of recommended buffs, debuffs, changes to player types, etc etc for the devs. And it's an annoying process of having to wait a couple weeks before the changes are implemented, and sometimes the changes aren't implemented correctly. The whole process seems so unnecessary when allowing us to edit players would bypass all of that. In addition to this, all the other what ifs that Harry was talking about would hugely add to the enjoyment of the game imo.

Comment

Personally not knowing how good anyone is or is going to be keep the game interesting and I have no desire for an editor, I get what some of you guys are saying and each to their own. However an editor would ruin the online game as people would cheat to have an unbeatable team by either creating amazing players or it will give them a huge advantage by just knowing how good all the players are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
                    Personally not knowing how good anyone is or is going to be keep the game interesting and I have no desire for an editor, I get what some of you guys are saying and each to their own. However an editor would ruin the online game as people would cheat to have an unbeatable team by either creating amazing players or it will give them a huge advantage by just knowing how good all the players are.
                    Don't know if you've been following the posts but the editor is purely to correct some flaws in the game with regard to player abilities. It's crazy to keep a track of thousand of posts with contrasting opinions for the Developers. Some say a particular player is better, others say no. And obviously the editor cannot be used to play in the online mode, it's only usable in the easy mode.

I can see that you enjoy unknown regens making records, which is your way of enjoying the game. Others may prefer more realistic scenarios with players.

Comment

Don't know if you've been following the posts but the editor is purely to correct some flaws in the game with regard to player abilities. It's crazy to keep a track of thousand of posts with contrasting opinions for the Developers. Some say a particular player is better, others say no. And obviously the editor cannot be used to play in the online mode, it's only usable in the easy mode.

I can see that you enjoy unknown regens making records, which is your way of enjoying the game. Others may prefer more realistic scenarios with players.
                      Yep, I get that but even if the game isn't playable online you will still be able to look on the editor to see how good all the players are. Then you could create a game in normal mode and sign the players you know are best. I'm not saying you personally will but some will.

Comment

Yep, I get that but even if the game isn't playable online you will still be able to look on the editor to see how good all the players are. Then you could create a game in normal mode and sign the players you know are best. I'm not saying you personally will but some will.
                        True, but most of us wanting editors is purely to enhance the realism, not destroy it. There are so many easier ways to cheat I'm led to believe. I for one want to see more realistic challenges between players as the years progress. Which means I may feel Cummins & Kohli may be the same or get better by 33, but the game sort of links their ability to age, so their performance deteriorates by default. And also, most Under 19 player records are based on a handful of FC matches, but several coaches can identify talent irrespective of a few failures.

Comment

True, but most of us wanting editors is purely to enhance the realism, not destroy it. There are so many easier ways to cheat I'm led to believe. I for one want to see more realistic challenges between players as the years progress. Which means I may feel Cummins & Kohli may be the same or get better by 33, but the game sort of links their ability to age, so their performance deteriorates by default. And also, most Under 19 player records are based on a handful of FC matches, but several coaches can identify talent irrespective of a few failures.
                          I know most people are which is why it’s a hard call to make. I’m not sure of other ways to cheat in online mode. Offline mode you can obviously keep crashing the game on purpose.

the thing is you want a realistic challenge but at the same time want it in easy mode so then it’s not realistic anyway?

Comment

If you're cheating at a single player game then you need to take a long, long hard look at yourself and make some efforts to get a life.

As far as multiplayer is concerned it would be very easy for the devs to code a block on edited databases from being loadable. Mind you same advice as above holds true for this as well.

Comment

I know most people are which is why it’s a hard call to make. I’m not sure of other ways to cheat in online mode. Offline mode you can obviously keep crashing the game on purpose.

the thing is you want a realistic challenge but at the same time want it in easy mode so then it’s not realistic anyway?
                              I agree, it's not probably as realistic as a result you could get if you're able to edit even in normal mode. But till there is a way in which edited players are excluded in online mode, not much one can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                                If you're cheating at a single player game then you need to take a long, long hard look at yourself and make some efforts to get a life.

As far as multiplayer is concerned it would be very easy for the devs to code a block on edited databases from being loadable. Mind you same advice as above holds true for this as well.
                                Your points are valid. I have seen previous comments saying editor should only be usable in easy mode so nobody can cheat in online games. Now I have never bought the editor for football manager mobile because I felt the price was too high with limited options but I have enough idea about the editor, thanks to fmmvibe . So if you buy the editor, you'll find an extra bar "Edit" . So if anyone use the edit option, even once, the color of the "Edit" bar changes from grey to yellow as a symbol that the game save has been edited. So I don’t think it should be tough to do the same in Cricket Captain games, so if anyone ever uses the editor in normal mode, he won't be able to enter online game.

Like you said, if anyone wants to cheat in Single player mode, there are multiple of ways to do it. Why would someone waste their money to cheat in single player mode anyway? I personally want the editor to control newgens so that they don't replace real life players and also it's tough to judge young players with limited domestic matches unless you deeply follow them , so some players with high potential gets lower rating in cricket captain games, so as a gamer it feels unrealistic when those real life young players gets dominated by newgens.

Again, if anyone cheats in single player mode using the editor then it’s their own problem, why will others pay for it who only want the editor to add more realism?

Comment

Working...
                                X