Simple Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdgeHead View Post
    Something I would like to see added is to be able to start a game from previous seasons.
    How good would it be go back in time and start a game in 1980, 1990 or 2000 etc
    To re-write the wrongs of history for:

Players that never got the opportunity to play for their country.
    Like Jamie Siddons, Jamie Cox & Chris Hartley.

Players that didn’t get to play as much as they should have.
    Like Brad Hodge, Stuart Law & Stuart MacGill.

Players that were pigeon holed to the one format of the game.
    Like Michael Bevan, Justin Langer & David Hussey.

Players whose careers were hampered by injury.
    Like Shane Bond, Shaun Marsh & Ian Bishop.

Players that should never have played for their country.
    Like Bryce McGain, Rob Quiney & Shaun Young.

Players that started their international careers late

Like Mike Hussey, Graeme Swann & Misbah Ul-Haq.
    To be honest you could quite literally just find any of the previous iterations of the game from whenever the first release was (early 2000s?) And do exactly what you're saying. The core of the game has barely changed.

Comment

I don't see how it would be confusing. If you were to start a season in 1995 for example then all of the records would be as at this point in time. Similarly present day cricketers would enter the game as regens year on year as they currently do at the point in time that they debuted in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeHead View Post
        I don't see how it would be confusing. If you were to start a season in 1995 for example then all of the records would be as at this point in time. Similarly present day cricketers would enter the game as regens year on year as they currently do at the point in time that they debuted in real life.
        I think it's a very nice idea. However, I have a feeling it doesn't fall into the "Simple Feature Requests" category.

I think this would require historical data of all players (not just international players), which possibly isn't even available. It would also require a full year-by-year breakdown of those statistics, which (even if that data is available) could be a pretty huge new feature.

Comment

Suicidal run outs... can we stop them happening so often? It's fair enough to have run outs but when your players hit the ball straight to short leg... and then run! It's just not realistic at all.

Comment

Been playing for 6 years or so and to be able to move from one coaching role to another has always been something I would like. It's frustrating to be motoring along with a domestic team, leave to play a few tests and return to find the AI has fielded a quite frankly bizzare team who have been losing by an innings and a million runs for the past four matches. I'd much rather the option to leave the domestic team to coach the national team. It would also be good that if you don't do well you can lose the national role.

The other small change I woild like is the ability to change the fielder at a given position without having to shuffle the whole field. This isn't much of an issue on the desktop but can be fiddly and frustrating on a mobile!

Otherwise, great game!

Comment

It would also be good if young players weren't picked for the national team too young.

Almost every new game I get a player with fantastic 2nd XI averages, promote them to the 1st team where they perform much to their averages and after 5-6 FC matches get called up. They seem to perform ok for their first matches but since the AI seems to feel they should be doing better their form bar drops after which they start doing badly. From there on they seem to get called up regularly but since they don't hit what seems to be their potential they are always released with their form at rock bottom and of no use to anyone.

Comment

A general improvement to the pitches perhaps? The seam bowling pitches should start of difficult and get easier with the spin getting harder throughout the match, and then for certain pitches the seam bowling can get harder again later in the match as variable bounce comes into play. I find it annoying that games almost never progress how they would in reality with the way the pitch should act.

Comment

Originally posted by weetabixharry View Post

I think it's a very nice idea. However, I have a feeling it doesn't fall into the "Simple Feature Requests" category.

I think this would require historical data of all players (not just international players), which possibly isn't even available. It would also require a full year-by-year breakdown of those statistics, which (even if that data is available) could be a pretty huge new feature.
                  Yes, I take back my earlier observation. Think I that it would be a great feature to start off a career from an earlier timeline. Adds another dimension to the game. I've been playing a few historical tournaments and it seems quite exciting to see how the career of players in the 80's might have turned out with different tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by CardboardBox View Post
                    A general improvement to the pitches perhaps? The seam bowling pitches should start of difficult and get easier with the spin getting harder throughout the match, and then for certain pitches the seam bowling can get harder again later in the match as variable bounce comes into play. I find it annoying that games almost never progress how they would in reality with the way the pitch should act.
                    If there is no way to stop pitches getting worse during a match, how about being able to have more of a say in home pitches preparation. Say I want perfect bounce but sharp spin or erratic bounce and sharp spin so you can suit pitches to your bowlers. It should be fairly simple to implement

Comment

Umm. I don’t know if It's simple or not. But why there’s no Asia Cup in Cricket Captain games? I mean it's not a small tournament, nowadays it's even more exciting with Bangladesh and Afghanistan competing with India-Pakistan . I think Asia Cup should be included in the game

Comment

Originally posted by BDplayer View Post
                        Umm. I don’t know if It's simple or not. But why there’s no Asia Cup in Cricket Captain games? I mean it's not a small tournament, nowadays it's even more exciting with Bangladesh and Afghanistan competing with India-Pakistan . I think Asia Cup should be included in the game
                        Good Point. Also ranking system needs some update, I have no problem with the current one except with current ranking system there's no impact of world cups in ranking. That's not a big concern when you are talking about big teams but when you are talking about Zimbabwe or Ireland , every win is important. So it feels frustrating when wins in world cups don't have any impact in rankings

Comment

There always seems to be a lot of conplaints about not knowing the potential of youth (or even existing) players but surely that is pretty much true to life?

There are loads of players who can dominate youth teams but struggle to make the step up, same from 2nd XI to 1st team or 1st up to international. The easiest example of this is Mark Ramprakash who could dominate the domestic competitions but never took that to international level.

Surely part of the challenge is finding the players who can make it at the next level and not having it on a plate. Maybe this could be introduced for easy level games?

Also true to life there are players whose form every year is consistant throughout the season and players who hit a run of form a couple of times during the season but do not keep that form consistantly. It is very easy to see when players hit form for the 2nd XI.

I would agree that the effects of training seem to be as random as who gets promoted fron the youth team each year. Several times I've had a game where a player improvked almost immediately, so just to see what happened I shut it down without saving and the same player didn't improve at all that season, maybe not for a year or two. I do know that some players can't improve against spin, or whatever, but who improves and when seems too random.

I think that if these are the sorts of tweaks that peoplenwould like to see it speaks volumes for the quality of the game overall.

Comment

I would like a current run rate and required run rate shown on match screen.

Comment

The game desperately needs a 'look for singles' option on the batting side, or even 'hit and run'. At the moment you either leave your aggression bar low and hope they don't just pat every ball back OR you up the aggression and see them playing needless slogs instead of getting your set batsman on strike. Ridiculously unrealistic.

The option to sign domestic players to 20 over or limited over contracts only

Any sort of feedback when it comes to training players to improve, feels like the current system goes like this. Train player to improve on a skill > they instantly lose all form entirely and go to their worst possible level > no signs of any improvement after weeks and weeks > put them back on normal training as they're now totally droppable. I don't like sacrificing my players form for half of the season for a chance that MAYBE my player improves in an area that they might not even be able to

Some sort of way to select my preference orders of fielders in the slips. I see the same people dropping catch after catch which just resets itself each game and prioritises the order itself

Comment

Less run outs, less caught and bowled, less retired hurt from that same silly ball the batsman steps into!
                                Also when rain interrupts how about a few rain flecks coming onto our screens, then a graphic of the ground clock moving to show what time has been lost instead of the clinical pop up box that just appears. This worked beautifully in Graham Gooch cricket 1993.
                                Sorry guys but love the graphical inclusion with this game. It adds so much atmosphere and intrigue for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X