Batting in t20s still feels like an absolute mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adil View Post
    I win 90 percent of games in t20. Trick is to attack in the powerplay while batting (one bar down from full aggression). And then in the next 5-6 overs try to not loose any wickets and get 45-50. You will usually find that you are you are around 110 after 12 overs. Increase agression to one down from top and then with wickets in the tank. Go for full agression in the last 3-4 overs. My highest score is 263 vs eng so I have tested this strategy but remember to have good t20 players playing for you
    While bowling always bowl with fully defensive field. I tend to bowl short length in the middle face and full at the death. And it pretty much pays off every time
    Is this in normal mode mate? From my experience full aggression is just an out button In normal mode

Comment

I win 90 percent of games in t20. Trick is to attack in the powerplay while batting (one bar down from full aggression). And then in the next 5-6 overs try to not loose any wickets and get 45-50. You will usually find that you are you are around 110 after 12 overs. Increase agression to one down from top and then with wickets in the tank. Go for full agression in the last 3-4 overs. My highest score is 263 vs eng so I have tested this strategy but remember to have good t20 players playing for you
      While bowling always bowl with fully defensive field. I tend to bowl short length in the middle face and full at the death. And it pretty much pays off every time
      What the man above me said, and also: who are you playing as? I think a few of us are doing this as English counties who, frankly, are never gonna have 11 good T20 players.

Comment

Originally posted by frustratedofnewport View Post

What the man above me said, and also: who are you playing as? I think a few of us are doing this as English counties who, frankly, are never gonna have 11 good T20 players.
        I am playing as Australia atm but I won the100 playing as Manchester

Comment

I am playing as Australia atm but I won the100 playing as Manchester
          What mode was the game in though? In normal mode I think if you go maximum aggression your batsmen just gets out

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

What mode was the game in though? In normal mode I think if you go maximum aggression your batsmen just gets out
            No I always play on normal mode but I usually go 2 down from top for the first 2 overs and then depending upon bowling and pitch increase it as per need

Comment

No I always play on normal mode but I usually go 2 down from top for the first 2 overs and then depending upon bowling and pitch increase it as per need
              Do you find if you try maximum aggression at the end it just gets the batsmen out though? I’ve never seen maximum work, every ball will be a wicket or a chance unless you are very lucky. The maximum I find you can go is 1 bar from top

Comment

Do you find if you try maximum aggression at the end it just gets the batsmen out though? I’ve never seen maximum work, every ball will be a wicket or a chance unless you are very lucky. The maximum I find you can go is 1 bar from top
                Just what I’ve found too. adil do you have to find players that suit the way you play or does it work with most ‘good’ T 20 players?

My pet theory is that everyone’s different tactics work for them and not always for others because we all tend to pick players who do well with our tactics and it does not always translate to other squads.

I find field settings also play a huge part. I’ve always assumed that the default settings are just there as all-round fields for the AI rather than ideal settings for us as players.

Comment

The best way to use full aggression is to use it on the 1st 2 balls of the over and then drop it by one bar. You will almost always get out if you exclusively use full aggression. I think on full aggression batter will always try to hit out no matter what so its better to use it smartly

Comment

The best way to use full aggression is to use it on the 1st 2 balls of the over and then drop it by one bar. You will almost always get out if you exclusively use full aggression. I think on full aggression batter will always try to hit out no matter what so its better to use it smartly
                    I’ll try that. In the save I’m playing at the moment Surrey have been giving by bowlers a right kicking. It’s only two matches - the final last season and a group match this season - but I can see that in the return match I need to be able to get more on the board. My team has a mix of some experienced and some young players so are certainly not at full strength but If I meet them in the knockout stages i need a way to beat them.

The bowling is adequate overall but this Surrey team...

Comment

Can you expand on the short bowling: when you use it, which line, what type of bowlers etc.

I've found the full yorkers can work great at the end, but not managed to get short bowling to work yet.

Comment

Originally posted by frustratedofnewport View Post

Can you expand on the short bowling: when you use it, which line, what type of bowlers etc.

I've found the full yorkers can work great at the end, but not managed to get short bowling to work yet.
                        Short bowling is used when wickets dry up especially in the middle overs. I have found that short bowls either go for runs or get you wickets. So they are your trump card. Full on off stump is best at the death

Comment

I've just finished my One-Day season cde . Whilst I didn't win this year, I did top my group, and ending up losing in the semi final. I must admit the field settings did seem to work well still. I conceded 396 in the semi final, but across the group stage it was mostly 180-220 which was probably about the same as last season. So I'd probably see it's still inconclusive as to whether the latest patch has affected these particular fields. It may just be that my T20 squad was a stinker for this season.

Comment

Left arm fast Around the wicket full middle stump is my go to death strategy, with 1 bar aggression for right handed batters, left handlers I stick with exactly the same plan. I’ve got this to work with a few different bowlers. Always gets wickets, mostly saves runs but sometimes goes for lots of runs.

Comment

jazzyfizzle0 I’m most of the way through my first T20 season since the update. I’ve found it harder this year but a lot of that seems to have more to do with the pitches and my bowler selection.

Over the years I’ve found that pitches in LO matches are flatter than in FC but have at least one bar bounce, sometimes two. If there are no bars and either none or one for spin I would choose to bat first but there would be only three or four of those a season. This year almost every pitch has been like a pancake. If I have bowled first they are getting 155-170 BUT I am still chasing them down comfortably with about 8-10 balls to spare so although they are able to score more so am I and it hasn’t greatly effected the win rate.

I have also taken 9 matches to settle into a bowling attack that is hitting the mark. I started with pretty much the same guys as last year just and it hasn’t been working out quite right. I had shuffled them a little to make space for a new bowler. A couple of them are doing well - the new guy and my main opener / death bowler but there rest have been so-so. Not bad but not great either. Having two openers on song makes a difference and tried my forth combination this season. After the reshuffle I kept good opposition below 115 twice on the trot so maybe found the right combinations again.
                              Last edited by cde; 08-31-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

T20 is not something I struggle with although the forum shows a lot do. You must have quality aggressive openers with good form. And agg/v.agg middle order. Also the secret is to play ball by ball, this way aggression can be changed each ball. Try to bat second and keep up with the run rate but remember it’s a game of 2 halves..meaning your bowlers should have also done their job, making it easier for your batters.
                                I always set my home conditions to suit seam and use 4 different types of seamer (incl LF) and an in form spinner/SLA if poss. Sometimes 6 players who can bowl and drop the most expensive bowler out. Works for me...
                                Having lost my first 3 games I’ve now just won 7 games in a row! A record for me so will just stick to my own formula.
                                Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X