Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players who are rated/underrated by the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players who are rated/underrated by the game?

Who do you think are the underrated players in the game compared to real life?

Who are players who the game rates highly/too highly?

For me...

Underrated: Jofra Archer is quite average for me. Doesn't take many wickets and don't think he's got a 5-er in three seasons in test cricket, quite surprising considering he got 2 5-ers in his first series.
    Steve Smith: Not as prolific as real life
    David Warner: Doesn't seem to do that well, I had him for a season as my T20 player and he didn't do well.
    Ben Stokes: He's ok... not a particularly good bowler and he's really expensive in ODI/T20, which is not like real life where he was economical during WC2019

Rated: Sam Curran is a really good player on the game, useful runs with the bat and is an excellent first change bowler. The computer always wants him to open the bowling so can see how highly he's rated.
    M Parkinson is an utter demon on the game. His FC bowling average is 20 and his test average is 22, he's a real match winner for me. Just how good is this guy in real life? I've never seen him bowl!
    A Viridi is also excellent but doesn't always get in the England team due to Parkinson
    Bess is also excellent... England have really high rated spinners.
    P Shaw, still a great bat. The CPU loves him and expecting to see him online in everyone's teams...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by galvatron; 06-25-2020, 02:54 PM.

Liam Livingstone at Lancs seems to always score a double ton against me!

Comment

Under rated:
      Mohammad amir doesnt take much wickets in the game, but is world class in real life. Potentially needs a boost, atleast with the new ball

Comment

Ollie Pope is quality, hope for England’s sake he turns out this good in real life and isn’t overrated

Dan Lawrence is probably a bit underrated, really showed his talent in Essex’s double winning season last year and at only 22 is likely to play for England in the future

Comment

Phil Salt is an absolute monster on the new save I’m running

underrated player for me so far is probably Moeen Ali’s batting - test matches have screwed his averages but he’s better than mid-low 30s for county standard that I seem to have from him. Very noticeable in T20, he was unplayable last years blast averaging 73, but I’ve played a 3 seasons and he’s averaged teens once and 20s twice
          Last edited by benj_2904; 06-27-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Shadab Khan is virtually unplayable online. Gets 3-30odd every time I come up against him. Is he really that good? His cricinfo don't suggest he's t he world beater he is on the game. Good but not a world beater!

Comment

Shaheen Shah Afridi is underrated. He is supposed to be the leader of Pakistan bowling attack for years to come, but after 1 year in the game he just becomes mediocre.

Comment

I've been doing some work on the database, looking through these, some feedback from above.:

Under-rated:

Mohammad Amir and Shaheen Shah Afridi have ratings which match their abilities, Shaheen has a great potential abilitiy as well as current, as he should.

Moeen Ali - I think his batting has tailed off heavily the last couple of years, looking at numbers it backs that up and the game has rated him as such.

Steve Smith - Rated as he should be, likewise with Warner. If anything Warner's ability is too high...

Over-rated:

Matt Parkinson - He's got a really good record in his career so far.

Comment

This is how Parkinson has progressed on my game, to be honest, I've not played him in a test for about 7 seasons so he would've ended up with a LOT more wickets.

But his overall stats are nothing short of all time great. 441 wickets at 24 from 85 tests is incredible.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                    This is how Parkinson has progressed on my game, to be honest, I've not played him in a test for about 7 seasons so he would've ended up with a LOT more wickets.

But his overall stats are nothing short of all time great. 441 wickets at 24 from 85 tests is incredible.
                    Crazy! And England prefer Dom Bess. To be honest, it's too early to decide if his ability needs a boost. Maybe after a season, if he converts his fine FC record into International success, England may have found the answer to their spin woes.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

Crazy! And England prefer Dom Bess. To be honest, it's too early to decide if his ability needs a boost. Maybe after a season, if he converts his fine FC record into International success, England may have found the answer to their spin woes.
                      England seem to have a good choice of spinners at the moment... Bess, Leach, Ali, Rashid, Virdi, Parkinson!

Comment

UNDERRATED:
                        1) Amir 2) Shaheen 3) Shadab 4)Kohli 5)Smith
                        RATED OR OVERRATED:
                        1)Faheem 2) usman shinwari 3) iftikhar 4) Rizwan 5) Alex Carey

Comment

Originally posted by AkhtarPlays View Post
                          UNDERRATED:
                          1) Amir 2) Shaheen 3) Shadab 4)Kohli 5)Smith
                          RATED OR OVERRATED:
                          1)Faheem 2) usman shinwari 3) iftikhar 4) Rizwan 5) Alex Carey
                          Shaheen and Kohli always tear it up, they're great on the game.

Rizwan is WAY overrated, not that great in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post

Shaheen and Kohli always tear it up, they're great on the game.

Rizwan is WAY overrated, not that great in real life.
                            Dont do well for me in t20s

Comment

Is Hardik Pandya that good a player? Every time I play against him online he's an utter beast. In a test match he scored two fifties, both at times when I had India reeling and then took 6 wickets across the two innings against me, including my top three in the first innings.

Then playing the same user he got a 50 in the 20 over game!

His record: https://www.espncricinfo.com/india/c...er/625371.html Isn't that incredible.

I do think he's really overrated on the game, especially compared to Stokes who isn't anything special on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X