CC2020 Online Game - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC2020 Online Game - Discussion Thread

Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can discuss online games... could be good for the following:
    • Arranging games with opponents
    • Sharing screenshots of great online matches (too many just end up as a stat and forgotten about)
    • Share screenshots and discuss your squads and players online averages
    • Down the line we could have mini form tournaments eg. a World Cup where a group of players randomly get drawn Nations then register online with their season 1 squad and we record all results here

To start off conversations I'm glad to say from what I've seen so far most players online are honest, far less people are disconnecting in losing positions than on the 2019 server, hopefully this keeps up. Keeping deliberate disconnections low will keep more people playing online, you only lose points if you disconnect so I don't know why people take away their opponents win sometimes. I don't care about my win/loss record and if someone thrashes me because they are a lot better than me it drives me to make my team or tactics better.

Sureshot Chris Child the online server has been really bad today I’ve had more games disconnect than finish. I read in the release notes for CC2020 it was meant to be more stable but not noticed that

Comment

Sureshot I can’t get on the server today, is there any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
        Sureshot I can’t get on the server today, is there any issues?
        We've just restarted the server, working now.

Comment

How do you avoid losing early wickets in white ball cricket online? Offline, it happens occasionally but online I'm always 30-3 from 6 overs. No matter what bar I put my batters on. Some bowlers seem destined to take a wicket every over they bowl.

When I'm bowling people are scoring 10+ an over against me and seem in no risk of losing wickets, I just don't understand the disparity between online and offline play.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
            How do you avoid losing early wickets in white ball cricket online? Offline, it happens occasionally but online I'm always 30-3 from 6 overs. No matter what bar I put my batters on. Some bowlers seem destined to take a wicket every over they bowl.

When I'm bowling people are scoring 10+ an over against me and seem in no risk of losing wickets, I just don't understand the disparity between online and offline play.
            Not something I’ve found really, I never go too hard at the new ball unless it’s a flat pitch with excellent weather or I have a big chase. I usually collapse later in the innings trying to push the rate up

Comment

No one should play a team called ISLU online, he hurls abuse at you unless your team is from season 1. I've had 2 experiences with the guy as different teams. In our first match he had problems with me having regens. In our last match I was Afghanistan with no regens but the save was in 2025 and he accused me of cheating because that is in the future. You can't win with this guy, honestly I don't know why he goes online. So anyway I had his Pakistan side 50-4 after 10 overs of a T20 and my game disconnected. I logged back in and he called me a disconnecting c*nt, I was huge favorites to win at the point of disconnection. This guy has not logic and is just to be avoided.

Comment

Not something I’ve found really, I never go too hard at the new ball unless it’s a flat pitch with excellent weather or I have a big chase. I usually collapse later in the innings trying to push the rate up
                There's another guy called vsvsvs or something similar who said I had illegal players and then DC... I was well on top as he'd clearly been going all out aggression from the start. I'd avoid both him and ISLU if I were any of you.

He then came back on and told me to f off... not a pleasant guy at all...
                Last edited by galvatron; 07-22-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post

There's another guy called vsvsvs or something similar who said I had illegal players and then DC... I was well on top as he'd clearly been going all out aggression from the start. I'd avoid both him and ISLU if I were any of you.

He then came back on and told me to f off... not a pleasant guy at all...
                  A few bad eggs but most the guys playing online seem like good guys.

I’m just saying for those few people that only want to play with and against current teams then ask your opponent before playing them, don’t moan at them all match for simply playing the game offline for more than one season, it’s just pathetic. Playing the game offline is not cheating.

Comment

Just a thought that will it be possible to apply dls on disconnected games coz it will reduce the no of people disc I guess

Comment

Originally posted by AkhtarPlays View Post
                      Just a thought that will it be possible to apply dls on disconnected games coz it will reduce the no of people disc I guess
                      Only reason that wouldn’t work is if you’re up with DLS then people may disconnect just to win the game. I’m ok the way it works now, these people that disconnect on purpose lose points (not that some care) its just frustrating for the opponent

Comment

Only reason that wouldn’t work is if you’re up with DLS then people may disconnect just to win the game. I’m ok the way it works now, these people that disconnect on purpose lose points (not that some care) its just frustrating for the opponent
                        Sharing another thing here is that wouldn't it be good if they add forfeit as an option in main menu cuz sometimes you think that the game is dead rubber and no need to play more and waste time

Comment

Originally posted by AkhtarPlays View Post

Sharing another thing here is that wouldn't it be good if they add forfeit as an option in main menu cuz sometimes you think that the game is dead rubber and no need to play more and waste time
                          Might kill the fun for the side that’s going to win if people do that a lot. They can always just go full aggression if really want to get out quick. I’ve actually won quite a few times in games that it seemed I had no chance so will never give up myself

Comment

I'm having a lot of fun playing online as Afghanistan at the moment and my win/loss record is way better than expected, I'm enjoying relying on tactics rather than just having a strong 11, it's a good challenge. We've only been thrashed a few times and have had many close battles.

RecklessX1 has been a great opponent and we've had some classic games, their current England side and attacking brand of cricket see them in the top 10 sides online.

Picked out some of my favorite matches so far here including my greatest ever win on Cricket Captain, chasing 361 in an ODI!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Jamesy1984; 07-23-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I'm having a lot of fun playing online as Afghanistan at the moment and my win/loss record is way better than expected, I'm enjoying relying on tactics rather than just having a strong 11, it's a good challenge. We've only been thrashed a few times and have had many close battles.

Reckless_X1 has been a great opponent and we've had some classic games, their current England side and attacking brand of cricket see them in the top 10 sides online.

Picked out some of my favorite matches so far here including my greatest ever win on Cricket Captain, chasing 361 in an ODI!
                              Yup this Reckless dude is some God level player wonder how in the world he can play that aggressive

Comment

Working...
                              X