No announcement yet.

CC2020 Online Game - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way that we can make it so teams playing one another can only select the same amount of overseas players? Seems unfair if I'm an English team and can pick two while an Indian team can have 4! Really unfair in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
      Is there any way that we can make it so teams playing one another can only select the same amount of overseas players? Seems unfair if I'm an English team and can pick two while an Indian team can have 4! Really unfair in my eyes.
      Would be good if I’m Essex and can use 4 overseas players when I play the IPL teams or it is a unfair advantage.

on another note 5 of us have a WhatsApp group where we run online competitions, draw up rules, schedules and tables. If anyone wants to join feel free to message me. I know some people wouldn’t wanna share their number for privacy reasons but if interested let me know

Comment

I won a ODI Int, lost a T20, was winning a T20 when error ocurred. And then the other player disconnected in the middle of a ODI int but in the stats it shows disconnected against my name!

Anyways, I am online now if anyone wants to play T20 domestic or Int.

Comment

Originally posted by weldone View Post
          I won a ODI Int, lost a T20, was winning a T20 when error ocurred. And then the other player disconnected in the middle of a ODI int but in the stats it shows disconnected against my name!

Anyways, I am online now if anyone wants to play T20 domestic or Int.
          I have noticed a lot sometimes it says your opponent had DC even when it was in fact your own end that had the issue. You usually know it’s you when your stuck on the match screen for ages. If your opponent does it you leave the game instantly

Comment

How do you avoid losing early wickets in white ball cricket online? Offline, it happens occasionally but online I'm always 30-3 from 6 overs. No matter what bar I put my batters on. Some bowlers seem destined to take a wicket every over they bowl.

When I'm bowling people are scoring 10+ an over against me and seem in no risk of losing wickets, I just don't understand the disparity between online and offline play.
            We had a couple of matches like that Galvatron! It was crazy - yes, but that said - it isn't something that will work all the time. The one-off or the two-off games will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

I have noticed a lot sometimes it says your opponent had DC even when it was in fact your own end that had the issue. You usually know it’s you when your stuck on the match screen for ages. If your opponent does it you leave the game instantly
              That is an issue I have again and again, screen freezing and after a very long time maybe a disconnect message.

i actually managed to finish a match last night. I lost, but a minor victory in it’s way!

The next match, a T20, I had them 94-8 going into the final over of their innings when they disconnected, so no win there (again).

The guy who beat me first time around then accepted another T20 challenge, which froze while waiting for them to choose their squad, then I accepted a OD challenge from them which froze while waiting for them to decide what to do with the toss. I assumed it was their end burn maybe it is mine.

I should say thanks to EssexEagles for being willing to try to play twice in a row when it must have seemed like I was messing them about!

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
                I should say thanks to EssexEagles for being willing to try to play twice in a row when it must have seemed like I was messing them about!
                Essex Eagles is my team mate. What’s your team called? Can’t say I remember being messed about

Comment

The name is R2B, I’m sure it was EssexEagles but I was getting so cheesed off I might be mistaken.

From my side the first game wasn’t helped by my being thrown on the automatic choice of my team - it completely threw me and I included a couple of players by accident!

Comment

The name is R2B, I’m sure it was EssexEagles but I was getting so cheesed off I might be mistaken.

From my side the first game wasn’t helped by my being thrown on the automatic choice of my team - it completely threw me and I included a couple of players by accident!
                    Ah yea you’re Glamorgan. You had a decent side from what I remember our games were close

Comment

That is an issue I have again and again, screen freezing and after a very long time maybe a disconnect message.

i actually managed to finish a match last night. I lost, but a minor victory in it’s way!

The next match, a T20, I had them 94-8 going into the final over of their innings when they disconnected, so no win there (again).

The guy who beat me first time around then accepted another T20 challenge, which froze while waiting for them to choose their squad, then I accepted a OD challenge from them which froze while waiting for them to decide what to do with the toss. I assumed it was their end burn maybe it is mine.

How strong is your connection? If you're switching between a connection type, ie, WiFi/4G and Wired then you will experience issues. The timeout on the coin toss has always worked fine for me when I've tested it.

For all of you, when the next update releases later this week there may be some online disruption, we're doing a simultaneous release, so the server will be setup to only accept the latest version numbers. We're just getting the builds ready now.

Comment

Sureshot The connection seems fine for everything else. I tend to play on the mobile and have mostly tried the online game over WiFi.

I have been curious about the freezing screen since I assumed it was a general error but if it is a connection issue my end at least I will know what the issue is.

The coin toss has happened once, most of the time it has been during a match.

Jamesy1984 I’m glad if you didn’t feel messed about! I was hoping for a rematch without the players I included by accident, Hopefully will be a bit better prepared and flustered when picking the squad.

i had just finished a season and had a couple of guys retire who I would usually pick so when I didn’t see them ended up fielding people like Nick Selman to open. He’s been a great FC player for me but T20s...less so!

Hopefully another close match sometime but (maybe) edging my way? Maybe not!

Comment

Sureshot The connection seems fine for everything else. I tend to play on the mobile and have mostly tried the online game over WiFi.

I have been curious about the freezing screen since I assumed it was a general error but if it is a connection issue my end at least I will know what the issue is.

The coin toss has happened once, most of the time it has been during a match.

Jamesy1984 I’m glad if you didn’t feel messed about! I was hoping for a rematch without the players I included by accident, Hopefully will be a bit better prepared and flustered when picking the squad.

i had just finished a season and had a couple of guys retire who I would usually pick so when I didn’t see them ended up fielding people like Nick Selman to open. He’s been a great FC player for me but T20s...less so!

Hopefully another close match sometime but (maybe) edging my way? Maybe not!
                          When I play online I turn all my other devices off wifi and close all other apps on my laptop and my disconnection percentage is very low... not sure if that helps!

So many times I’ve forgot to put players in my team because you feel time pressure on the selection page.
                          Sureshot a way to save lineups ie a t20 odi and fc so you could quickly load would be a great feature. Obviously the file would need to become invalid when you have players who no longer play for your side.

hopefully see you on soon CDE for some more games

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

Would be good if I’m Essex and can use 4 overseas players when I play the IPL teams or it is a unfair advantage.

on another note 5 of us have a WhatsApp group where we run online competitions, draw up rules, schedules and tables. If anyone wants to join feel free to message me. I know some people wouldn’t wanna share their number for privacy reasons but if interested let me know
                            Yes would be interested in this!

Comment

The thing I hate most about disconnections is that inevitably one of my players has played well and then this record never gets into their stats.

Collyer just got 7-23 in a T20 and the other guy discs. Raging!

Comment

The thing I hate most about disconnections is that inevitably one of my players has played well and then this record never gets into their stats.

Collyer just got 7-23 in a T20 and the other guy discs. Raging!
                                Yea remember one of my players got a massive fast century in t20 and we got well over 200 and they DC wasn’t happy haha

Comment

Working...
                                X