No announcement yet.

CC2020 Online Game - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So played thing guy twice online, first game he win and second he's probably about to win but we get an error. I log back in and offer to let him beat me as I felt bad he was going to win.

He then starts abusing me and calling me a disconnector when I have actually 0 disconnections after 80+ games (which is a miracle as it is).

Asked him what more I could do than offer him a win and he didn't seem to understand I had no DC's. But apparently I'm a coward and my arse doesn't belong in the game, this is just part of the abuse I got.

Pulling my hair out with some of these guys I come across online!
    Attached Files

Comment

Jinxed my DC record got one of those annoying disconnections that kicks you out the game before you even get to the team screen. Really think the game should know they are not mid match and not put those ones in your column

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
        Jinxed my DC record got one of those annoying disconnections that kicks you out the game before you even get to the team screen. Really think the game should know they are not mid match and not put those ones in your column
        To confirm this issue, this DC happened before you even got to the Team Selection screen?

On the post before that, not really a friendly way of going about it is it, I'm doing some next patch build testing today, once I've done that I'm going to get on to investigating these screenshots.

Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

To confirm this issue, this DC happened before you even got to the Team Selection screen?

On the post before that, not really a friendly way of going about it is it, I'm doing some next patch build testing today, once I've done that I'm going to get on to investigating these screenshots.

Nigel
          Yea you get lots of disconnections online as soon as you press start match it crashes and closes the whole game before you get to your team selection screen. I know everyone gets them now and again. I don’t mind the issue but is there anyway these don’t get it in your disconnect column?

Comment

Yea you get lots of disconnections online as soon as you press start match it crashes and closes the whole game before you get to your team selection screen. I know everyone gets them now and again. I don’t mind the issue but is there anyway these don’t get it in your disconnect column?
            Hmm, strange, I've not repeated that in my debug testing, could be the opponent quitting on that screen. I'll see what I can find on that issue next week.

Comment

Hmm, strange, I've not repeated that in my debug testing, could be the opponent quitting on that screen. I'll see what I can find on that issue next week.
              Oh it’s something I’ve had several times. Not that much on this particular save. I know it’s happened to my opponents too because sometimes when we go to start a match and they press start match I get booted back to the club room and they have vanished.

strange thing is it closes the whole game on your pc, doesn’t just DC you from server

Comment

Oh it’s something I’ve had several times. Not that much on this particular save. I know it’s happened to my opponents too because sometimes when we go to start a match and they press start match I get booted back to the club room and they have vanished.

strange thing is it closes the whole game on your pc, doesn’t just DC you from server
                Interesting, in those instances:

1) Have you done any typing on the chat?
                2) Have you both spent a while agreeing to the various terms for the match?

Comment

Interesting, in those instances:

1) Have you done any typing on the chat?
                  2) Have you both spent a while agreeing to the various terms for the match?
                  Neither of the above but I had a theory they were on occasions I’d been signed on to the game for a while. Maybe playing in offline mode while still signed into the online server

Comment

So played thing guy twice online, first game he win and second he's probably about to win but we get an error. I log back in and offer to let him beat me as I felt bad he was going to win.

He then starts abusing me and calling me a disconnector when I have actually 0 disconnections after 80+ games (which is a miracle as it is).

Asked him what more I could do than offer him a win and he didn't seem to understand I had no DC's. But apparently I'm a coward and my arse doesn't belong in the game, this is just part of the abuse I got.

Pulling my hair out with some of these guys I come across online!
                    Some irony here, the guy who ranted at me over an errored game is now annoying people online by disconnecting on them when they are on the verge of wins

Attached Files

Comment

Sureshot I think something may have gone wrong with online points scoring. If you look at the first screenshot we should be going into a scoring match but when we go to the next screen no points are available. I thought this only happened when teams were miles apart which our teams are not in 4 day format.

After our 4 day we played a One Day where points were meant to be on the line and I won but my points remained the same.

Straya is top of T20 table and there are meant to be no points on the line if we play that format and I'm wondering if that's why it's not putting points on the line in other formats.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'll check with Chris and Andy on this.

The Multiplayer optimisations note in the previous fix-list was a bit vague, we get a character limit for Android patch notes. To confirm these changes:

- Bad Light has been disabled for FC/Tests. Andy tried to get the timeout to work for the message box, but was unable to do so despite spending a considerable time doing so, we felt it was better to just disable Bad Light online.
                        - We've added an opponent disconnection warning if your opponent has a DC of 10% or higher
                        - We've added the team name to the retire team message box, this should make it easier to see what team you're retiring.

Comment

I would add DeathmachineXI as a disconnecter. He has 19 DCs and disced against me when he was heading for defeat.

Comment

JammuKashmir don't play them - they are ranked 8 or 9 online. I had him beat only for him to say F*** off and then disconnected. I believe there should be more severe penalties i.e. your team is no longer permitted online if there is a high percentage of disconnections and/or complaints about an online player. Sureshot is this something which could be looked into?
                            On a side note I played Leprechauns yesterday and lost but he seemed genuine. Anyone else experienced playing him? He has only played 26 times and won 26 times with 5 disconnects and 5 errors.

Comment

I'll check with Chris and Andy on this.

The Multiplayer optimisations note in the previous fix-list was a bit vague, we get a character limit for Android patch notes. To confirm these changes:

- Bad Light has been disabled for FC/Tests. Andy tried to get the timeout to work for the message box, but was unable to do so despite spending a considerable time doing so, we felt it was better to just disable Bad Light online.
                              - We've added an opponent disconnection warning if your opponent has a DC of 10% or higher
                              - We've added the team name to the retire team message box, this should make it easier to see what team you're retiring.
                              Sorry just seen this post Sureshot this is a good start, awesome! Does the warning stipulate they would be permanently disconnected?
                              Last edited by Straya01; 11-17-2020, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Sureshot I think something may have gone wrong with online points scoring. If you look at the first screenshot we should be going into a scoring match but when we go to the next screen no points are available. I thought this only happened when teams were miles apart which our teams are not in 4 day format.

After our 4 day we played a One Day where points were meant to be on the line and I won but my points remained the same.

Straya is top of T20 table and there are meant to be no points on the line if we play that format and I'm wondering if that's why it's not putting points on the line in other formats.
                                I have been having this issue against others too - Sureshot is there a predetermined factor which dictates whether a match has points associated with it or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X