Ai enforcing the follow on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ai enforcing the follow on

hi im just wondering if the ai always enforce the follow on as ive played this game for over 10yrs and dont think ive ever seen them choose to bat instead of telling me to follow on? this means there has been occasions where im 9 down and lets say 210 runs behind so ill declare so i can have another bat and hopefully make a big total for them to try chase haha

CPU will always make you follow on.

I virtually never enforce the follow on unless time is running short.

Never, ever make India follow on because they'll make about 700 and then beat you.

Comment

Yeah, they should change this

Comment

I agree it’s not perfect, but more often than not I if I’m asked to follow on I don’t win the game, so I don’t know how much impact it has

i think if it was changed then there’s a lot to factor in, there is rarely an absolute right or wrong time to enforce follow on in my experience - I mean if the forecast is some cloud for the next few sessions and then bright sunshine after, I’ll often take my chances and have another bowl regardless of my lead.... unless of course we’re looking at a spinners deck which is getting worse and worse

Comment

Originally posted by benj_2904 View Post
          I agree it’s not perfect, but more often than not I if I’m asked to follow on I don’t win the game, so I don’t know how much impact it has

i think if it was changed then there’s a lot to factor in, there is rarely an absolute right or wrong time to enforce follow on in my experience - I mean if the forecast is some cloud for the next few sessions and then bright sunshine after, I’ll often take my chances and have another bowl regardless of my lead.... unless of course we’re looking at a spinners deck which is getting worse and worse
          Well, this is because bowlers don't particularly fatigue much during a game - if this was improved/made more realistic that might impact the decision too. But teams, certainly in tests (a bit different in four day cricket) generally don't enforce the follow-on in real-life any more to give their bowlers a rest.

Comment

The AI should make an intelligent decision based on factors in the match.

Comment

Needs to be patched. Teams rarely enforce follow-on these days to rest their bowlers and most test matches produce results.
              Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Working...
              X