Afghanistan World Test Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan World Test Championship

Hi, Was just wondering if it will be possible to qualify for WTC on CC 2020? Got to 6th in test rankings with Afghanistan on 19 and still didn’t qualify so assumed it was impossible in that version!

No, I saw Sureshot post something yesterday about it's too hard to code Afghanistan/Ire/Zim into the fixture list if they were to qualify, so it's the same on CC20 too. (this post https://childishthings.com/forum/for...age3#post70743 )

I also got up to 7th on CC19 and loved my Afghan save, with Rashid Khan getting 5-fer's every other innings! Who was your top performing test players? Mine were Ihsanullah Janat, Bahir Shah & Shahidi with the bat & Rashid, Mujeeb & Ahmadzai with the ball.

Comment

That’s gutting! I’d love to be able to grow as I’m sure Afghanistan will in real life. Bowler-wise Rashid Khan and Mujeeb were unbelievable, barely lost a game in spinning conditions. Shirzad LM bowler was the best in terms of pacers, averaged 31 in tests but 22 in ODI and 15 in T20I. Batsman, my two (other than Shahzad who smashed it in all formats) was Shahidi who averages 45+ in all formats and Rasooli who is ace, Strike Rate unreal in limited overs games!

Comment

Interesting! Yes agree on Rashid & Mujeeb in all formats, I think they played every single game for me. Shahzad did well in limited overs but only averaged low 30s in tests.. The problem being every keeper I tried just wasn't cutting it, so finding a test match keeper was my main issue in the save. Shirzad did well for me in limited overs, but again was really poor in tests. I think by the end I had a regen bowler as my 2nd seamer. Rasooli was a gun limited overs player for me, but in tests he was mid 30's.

I'd love to do another save with them on CC20 but not being able to qualify for the Test Championships is a major drawback.

Comment

Originally posted by Liamh92 View Post
          That’s gutting! I’d love to be able to grow as I’m sure Afghanistan will in real life. Bowler-wise Rashid Khan and Mujeeb were unbelievable, barely lost a game in spinning conditions. Shirzad LM bowler was the best in terms of pacers, averaged 31 in tests but 22 in ODI and 15 in T20I. Batsman, my two (other than Shahzad who smashed it in all formats) was Shahidi who averages 45+ in all formats and Rasooli who is ace, Strike Rate unreal in limited overs games!
          Rasooli was an absolute god in 2019 game, I’ve tried to stay away from him because I had him in every single save last year, but good to know he’s still great in this game

Comment

The thing is that Darwish Rasooli seems to have an amazing FC record. Maybe it would be apt to get more info from someone who's actually seen & followed local cricket in Afghanistan. Till then, you can't blame the developer's to go with the info that's available. I was told that Shirzad has bowled well over a season but Ahmadzai & Wafadar are first choice in Tests

Comment

Working...
            X