Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking a wicket in the first over of a bowler's spell in T20 (especially online)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a wicket in the first over of a bowler's spell in T20 (especially online)

I've taken my team online in the last week and noticed that almost every time a team changes bowler they then get a wicket in their first over, very often the first ball.

I've just played the same team twice and in both those games.

Archer bowled the opening over twice: he got a wicket with the first ball of the innings in both games and once got another wicket in the first over. Each time Archer was brought back on to bowl, he got a wicket in the first over of his second spell - once with his first ball. I was only on 5 bars aggression both times, which for 20/20 is quite low.
    Shakib - wicket with the first ball of his spell
    Panday - wicket with the 3rd ball of his spell first game
    Uman Yadav (I think) first game, wicket with the third ball of his first spell, wicket with his first ball in the 2nd match
    Sulemani (I think) OS: first game, wicket in his first over, 2nd time: wicket with the final ball of his first over.

In two games, a wicket was taken in the first over of a spell on 10 occasions! There was a few occasions when I was on full agg near the end, but to me, this seems insanely unrealistic. You just need to bring on a certain bowler and it's taking some of the enjoyment out of online play.

Is this happening to other people? It happens a bit on the online game for 2019 but it was mostly with Bumrah and Rashid (who are both way overpowered) this just seems insane...

That’s not something that happens to me so maybe just a massive coincidence?
    Last edited by Jamesy1984; 07-12-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Happening quite a lot atm and also happened a lot on 2019...

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
        Happening quite a lot atm and also happened a lot on 2019...
        I’ll note down the results of my next 5 matches on and offline to see

Comment

My latest game, I did it once and so did the opposition. It just seems to happen WAY too often

Comment

There are a lot of wickets in 20 Over matches, and not many changes of bowler. It's a coincidence.

Comment

If a bowler gets a wicket in a 20 over match, 25% chance is that it will be his first over(as he can bowl only 4 max).
              But more frustrating thing for me is loosing wickets on certain(unlucky!) score. like 13,69,87,111 etc. this is happening in every version. And most of the time this happens against the run of play. Over no. 13 in a limited over match often produce a wicket.. I think these numbers are made over vulnerable.

Comment

I played the same guy for a third time... his bowlers took a wicket in the first over on three occasions and I did it once. I know the maths involved... but it just seems to happen way too often!

Comment

Originally posted by ICC_Fan View Post
                  If a bowler gets a wicket in a 20 over match, 25% chance is that it will be his first over(as he can bowl only 4 max).
                  But more frustrating thing for me is loosing wickets on certain(unlucky!) score. like 13,69,87,111 etc. this is happening in every version. And most of the time this happens against the run of play. Over no. 13 in a limited over match often produce a wicket.. I think these numbers are made over vulnerable.
                  Have you ever seen "The Number 23", starring Jim Carrey?

Comment

This just happened 7 times in one game... played an ODI and the opposition took 4 wickets in the opening over from his bowlers - he seemed to continually be switching bowlers almost every over.

I then did it 3 times.

I do feel this happens way too much, especially online!

Comment

Working...
                    X