Create a player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a player

Probably been suggested and logically refused before, but is this an option?

I understand CC has a very sophisticated player creation process and I have no knowledge of computer coding. My suggestion based on my understanding is that we input stats for a player and their preferences (legside, opener etc) and that generates a player in line with how they are created already?

This is mainly to add in historical players although we could input 2nd XI style stats for younger players.

The obvious fudge is to input stats of fictional players who have scored 500000000 Test runs for an over inflated rating. So perhaps these players cannot be used online. Currently I look to rename players who are 'similar' to those who I am looking to create in game, but it's obviously not the same.

There isn't currently any official way to add, remove or edit any player/club/competition/nation/etc in the game (beyond changing the names of some of those). Each year, these discussions come up and the developers explain why an official editor is not feasible. There is an unofficial editor, but it is not capable of creating players from scratch because the player data structure is not public. We don't even know what the hidden player attributes are, let alone how to edit them.

My understanding is that the game developers prefer to keep these attributes unknown and hidden, so even if an official editor were released, I don't think they would provide the capability to freely create players.

Comment

Working...
    X