Test match engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test match engine

Good day everyone. Been playing the cc 20 on android. Its clear that limited overs engine has made massive strides and is more fun that ever. But the best match engine does'nt feel as good as it used to be. I dont know what might be the reason. Maybe AI sometimes scores too fast or the pitch effects are'nt strong enough. I scored 541 playing as Ind in the 1st innings of a test match in Adelaide IIRC. In reply Australia folded for 116. Maybe the ability of home players should be increased a bit.
    What do you guys think? How have you found the test match engine? Your experience?
    Last edited by adil; 08-08-2020, 10:24 AM.

Any output will be appreciated guys. Jamesy1984 galvatron Chris Child Sureshot Springbok 1970

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post
      Good day everyone. Been playing the cc 20 on android. Its clear that limited overs engine has made massive strides and is more fun that ever. But the best match engine does'nt feel as good as it used to be. I dont know what might be the reason. Maybe AI sometimes scores too fast or the pitch effects are'nt strong enough. I scored 541 playing as Ind in the 1st innings of a test match in Adelaide IIRC. In reply Australia folded for 116. Maybe the ability of home players should be increased a bit.
      What do you guys think? How have you found the test match engine? Your experience?
      Was it Easy or Normal mode?

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

Was it Easy or Normal mode?
        I always play on normal mode

Comment

I think the test match engine is generally ok. You do get rolled out for less than 200 sometimes but that happens in real life, look at Pakistan on Friday evening.

I find that it's the fourth innings that seems unrealistic as teams can make a large total relatively easily.

Comment

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
            I think the test match engine is generally ok. You do get rolled out for less than 200 sometimes but that happens in real life, look at Pakistan on Friday evening.

I find that it's the fourth innings that seems unrealistic as teams can make a large total relatively easily.
            I second this, I think it's pretty good and agree that I've seen some big totals chased down in the 4th innings.

Comment

Has it been released on Android yet, I can't see it in the play store?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

I second this, I think it's pretty good and agree that I've seen some big totals chased down in the 4th innings.
                Something similar to the last Test between Eng & Pak. I've noticed the pitch deterioration and bounce does play a significant role in the 4th innings.

Comment

Originally posted by lucasantonio View Post
                  Has it been released on Android yet, I can't see it in the play store?
                  It has been released, search childish things games in play store, OR check sureshot's link in 20.10 update forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhruv View Post

It has been released, search childish things games in play store, OR check sureshot's link in 20.10 update forum.
                    Thank you very much, I have found it now! It's odd that it doesn't come up when I type Cricket Captain.

Comment

Something needs to be done to the test match its really disspointing to see England chase down 341 in 76 overs on a 5 day pitch in India. Batsmen score too fast especially when we are bowling and pitch deteriorate very sparingly. Please guys look into it Sureshot Chris Child .
                      one day engine has improved immensely but it is unfortunately at the expense of the Test matches which were beautifully balanced in earlier versions.
                      I think aggresive batsmen never grind out in test. OD and Test ability should be separated.
                      Attached Files

Comment

There's another gem. England chse down 476 from 111 overs in India. Ollie pope getting 142 off 151. I think this version has the same problem of the 2019 version. Aggersive and v.aggresive players are overrated in test matches and pitched do not deteriorate. In fact they seem to get better on 5th day
                        ?????? Chris Child Sureshot
                        test match engine in 2013 version of the game was very good. Maybe inspiration/coding can be taken from there
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post
                          There's another gem. England chse down 476 from 111 overs in India. Ollie pope getting 142 off 151. I think this version has the same problem of the 2019 version. Aggersive and v.aggresive players are overrated in test matches and pitched do not deteriorate. In fact they seem to get better on 5th day
                          ?????? Chris Child Sureshot
                          test match engine in 2013 version of the game was very good. Maybe inspiration/coding can be taken from there
                          To add to the above. I think chases of above 250 should be exception rather than rule. In the very next match england casually chased 218 on a cracked up pitch by 7 wickets. In 57 overs

Comment

In past versions it seemed that aggressive players were well represented in FC and test matches, but I would agree that it seems to be a bit off since last year. The chances of being taken to town by the better players has increased quite dramatically, whatever the conditions.

There are always exceptions (Buttler and Woakes just a few days ago) but more often than not if a player goes for it hard they may get quick runs but far more often than not they will also get out quite quickly.

Comment

Huge 4/5th day 2nd innings totals has been an issue since the game began, Chris explained many years ago that the balance in the coding and match engine is difficult to achieve, unfortunately this issue is about the only thing that lets this great game down, we all know that they happen every now and again but it happens to often in the game even on pitches turning square & and uneven bounce, overhead cloud etc, I've lost count how many times I've set the opposition 400+ in 3 or 4 sessions and they have knocked them off with overs to spare, breaking run chase records on grounds that have stood for years.
                              Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Working...
                              X