Test match engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
    Huge 4/5th day 2nd innings totals has been an issue since the game began, Chris explained many years ago that the balance in the coding and match engine is difficult to achieve, unfortunately this issue is about the only thing that lets this great game down, we all know that they happen every now and again but it happens to often in the game even on pitches turning square & and uneven bounce, overhead cloud etc, I've lost count how many times I've set the opposition 400+ in 3 or 4 sessions and they have knocked them off with overs to spare, breaking run chase records on grounds that have stood for years.
    Yeah but the main problem with this version is that even if you set 480 in 110 overs the AI still chases it down. In previous versions (pre 2019) I never saw such scoring speed in 4th innings. One easy solution will be to make pitch effects sttonger
    Last edited by adil; 08-12-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

We've been working on FC/Test SRs, we feel this is now more accurate than before and will be ready in the next patch. When the next patch releases this means FC/Test teams are now scoring about 20 runs a day less on average compared to the current version of the game.

Chris has also improved 4th innings chases and reduced the AIs likelihood of going for high targets.

We're working on some other issues before we can release this patch. We will need to simultaneously release this patch across all platforms as the changes outlined above would break the online game.

Sureshot

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Hi guys,

We've been working on FC/Test SRs, we feel this is now more accurate than before and will be ready in the next patch. When the next patch releases this means FC/Test teams are now scoring about 20 runs a day less on average compared to the current version of the game.

Chris has also improved 4th innings chases and reduced the AIs likelihood of going for high targets.

We're working on some other issues before we can release this patch. We will need to simultaneously release this patch across all platforms as the changes outlined above would break the online game.

Sureshot
        Sounds good Nige. Do you know when you'll be getting through the database thread? I enjoy reading your replies to the suggestions. Also wondered if you'd had a chance to catch up with Chris about my review?

Comment

Hi guys,

Sureshot
          Fantastic news The huge 2nd innings totals and chases have been an ongoing gripe since I can remember (ICC 1998 I think) so this is a major development in the game.
          Last edited by MarksNotts; 08-12-2020, 04:22 PM.
          Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Brilliant news, I think the engine for all formats is near perfect, and my only issue was the AI chasing massive targets in 3/4 sessions in Test/FC, so this is great.

Comment

Hi guys,

Sureshot
              Sounds great guys

Comment

I have found that the required total for a team to chase has moved up, maybe since last year. The AI has been prepared to chase higher totals and so there have been less instances of the batting just shutting down for a draw. I can't say that I've won or lost more but it is a bit annoying.

It may not be possible to build in but it would be good to see teams reacting to the series/league results. Teams that would push for a draw in real life will usually go for the riskier win.

Comment

Working...
                X