Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the level of highlights make any difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a season of terrible One Day matches and finished G9 after all 14 were done. The next season I finished second in the group and went on to be runner up in the final, with pretty much the same group of players, and my scores were much higher.

All 31 matches were on medium highlights, but the second 17 were drastically different from the first 14.

A sample size of 2 seasons is pretty much meaningless when you have no control over all the other factors (your player form, AI player form, injuries, weather, wicket conditions, randomness).

If you have a save at the start of the season where you can run it 100 times on Medium and 100 times on None that might be more meaningful, but there would still be all the other factors you have no control over that would make the end results inconclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_ View Post
      I had a season of terrible One Day matches and finished G9 after all 14 were done. The next season I finished second in the group and went on to be runner up in the final, with pretty much the same group of players, and my scores were much higher.

All 31 matches were on medium highlights, but the second 17 were drastically different from the first 14.

A sample size of 2 seasons is pretty much meaningless when you have no control over all the other factors (your player form, AI player form, injuries, weather, wicket conditions, randomness).

If you have a save at the start of the season where you can run it 100 times on Medium and 100 times on None that might be more meaningful, but there would still be all the other factors you have no control over that would make the end results inconclusive.
      You might be right but has anyone here ever got 400 in odi or 220 in t20 playing on medium highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by adil View Post

You might be right but has anyone here ever got 400 in odi or 220 in t20 playing on medium highlights?
        Now I am 100% convinced that when you play on none highlights you score more runs and more sixes. Anybody who thinks otherwise should test it out. Anyone who is struggling in t20 should try it as well. You will get plenty of big overs on none highlights.
        Last edited by adil; 11-14-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, 220 in T20s are fairly regular once I get a good team together. Probably about 380 is the most in OD games but I’ve never come close to losing when I do so.

Surely if playing with no highlights means you score more 6s when batting you should concede more when bowling?

Still, if it works for you who am I to say it doesn’t work?

Comment

My highest score for a OD 50 game was 373 using medium highlights but I average around 160/170 for most T20 with medium highlights. I do agree somewhat with adil although I haven’t played the game constantly like others.

I have though now got to a point when I’m chasing a very similar score to my own, turned off the highlights and up-to now the resultant score that always follows has seen me over the line. So it’s a strange one...
            The devs said it makes no difference what the highlights level is?

Comment

Of course it makes no difference. The game generates the highlights regardless of whether you watch them or not.

Classic case of the baader-meinhof phenomenon happening here.

Comment

Really dissapointed with no reply from the devs. Now I 100% confident that there is a huge difference between playing on med and none highlights. It seems scoring 200 on none highlights is as easy as scoring 150 on med highlights
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                  Of course it makes no difference. The game generates the highlights regardless of whether you watch them or not.

Again, this.

Comment

Really dissapointed with no reply from the devs. Now I 100% confident that there is a huge difference between playing on med and none highlights. It seems scoring 200 on none highlights is as easy as scoring 150 on med highlights
                    These are just a few examples I can upload as many as you guys want for a proof

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

It has nothing to do with the fact that game generates highlights for every ball. The core of the game is the calculations that are performed in the background and I think these calculations are affected when highlights are turned on

Comment

It has nothing to do with the fact that game generates highlights for every ball. The core of the game is the calculations that are performed in the background and I think these calculations are affected when highlights are turned on
                        Ah ok not the baader-meinhof phenomenon then just tin foil hat stuff.

Comment

Not sure what we can really say here apart from confirming that there's no impact, from having highlights on, to the calculations.

Comment

Absolutely love the update ? as it seems to have resolved the issue of disparity between none and medium highlights. Scored 256 in a t20 on medium highlights which was not possible before the update. Also the average score is now same as when playing on none highlights

Comment

Yep to both. Don’t believe anything has changed since the update.

I think it’s a mind set thing. If you are watching highlights and see lots of plays and misses you quickly turn aggression down, with no highlights it’s easier to ignore and you play braver and then can score bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

Yep to both. Don’t believe anything has changed since the update.

I think it’s a mind set thing. If you are watching highlights and see lots of plays and misses you quickly turn aggression down, with no highlights it’s easier to ignore and you play braver and then can score bigger.
                                Maybe. BTW what level of highlights do you play on jamesy?

Comment

Working...
                                X