Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batsman bowlers

Been wondering guys,

Has anyone found any pretty good batsmen bowlers? I don’t mean allrounders, but batsmen who can hold their own when having a bowl? Like a Joe Root type but better. Is anyone daring to use 7 batsmen and only 4 bowlers in 1day/T20 games, again not including all rounders. Ok the man might be getting knocked about slightly, but can he make the cut?

Ive come across a few bowlers who are pretty good with the bat (not allrounders) but up to now no noticeable batters who can bowl?

Any thoughts? Do they exist at the moment?

Based on the fact he does it in real life for Essex I sometimes use Dan Lawrence on spinning decks. Has worked to good effect but I would never give him a full allowance. I actually think Root can do similar job.

Comment

They do come up and are something to look for in regens.

When I do find one I find that if I use them early in the season in favourable conditions their bowling. Just one or two wickets can get some momentum behind them and I can drop them in with more confidence. Many, many years ago Ned Eckersley was a mean LO bowler and I would use him as a front line bowler but haven’t really found one since.

Comment

I’ve seen people online use kohli wire a bit of affect, his medium pace can be annoying to play against

Comment

On the game it's a tactic that works too well compared to real life. Jamesy using Lawrence always gets a wicket, even if I don't attack him.

Makes me think of back in the day when Vince Wells - who was a wicket keeper batsman on the game - used to open the bowling for Leicestershire and take tons of wickets for the computer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Wells

Comment

Straya01 had this medium pace batter called Butt. Goes for runs but always takes wickets against me, once got a five for

Comment

Never to the extent that I'd go in with just 4 bowlers, but I'll often try to get a cheap over or two from a part timer, and it allows me to give an over less to a proper bowler who is going for a lot of runs.

Comment

I opened with my two opening batters in a dead rubber T20I and they reduced Australia to 4-5!

Also, I sometimes bring on a batsman to bowl when I want a bowler to get a 5er or a 10er and the batsman ALWAYS gets the last wicket and denies someone the glory!

Comment

Working...
                X