Things I would like to see in cc21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the game is great and will buy again this year. I’d like to see:

1. More playable leagues e.g. Zim, Ire, Ban etc.

2. Option to schedule your own International series (within reason). I like being minor International teams but you don’t play a whole lot of cricket, especially now not all Test teams are in the WTC.

3. Playable as Associate nations now they have a more consistent schedule and World Cup qualifying process. Ties into number 2 (Associates wouldn’t be able to schedule Tests)

4. Fluid batting positions - when you give someone a debut, instead of their batting position being assigned to them for the rest of their career, it would be good to see their batting position be an average of their first, say 15/20 in each formats. If someone bats 7 for the first 5 games, then progresses to 4/5 but ends up being a 3 then this could be reflected in their batting position in their personal section. This could be continuous as well, so if someone has been a 5 up until you take over, but you bat them at 3 constantly, then gradually they would change form 5 to 3. This would probably take a whole lot programming but would be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by foreveryyoung View Post

4. Fluid batting positions - when you give someone a debut, instead of their batting position being assigned to them for the rest of their career, it would be good to see their batting position be an average of their first, say 15/20 in each formats. If someone bats 7 for the first 5 games, then progresses to 4/5 but ends up being a 3 then this could be reflected in their batting position in their personal section. This could be continuous as well, so if someone has been a 5 up until you take over, but you bat them at 3 constantly, then gradually they would change form 5 to 3. This would probably take a whole lot programming but would be cool!
      I believe this already happens. A player I signed was FC 5 but I already had an established 4-5 so batted him at 3. Within a season it said his batting position was FC 3.

Comment

Be able to play a custom match series using any player database from any save, as well as the basic pre 2021 database. So you can play as England's 2070 team(If you get that far) against englands 1970 team. Also the ability to switch international team would be good as well

Comment

Originally posted by foreveryyoung View Post

1. More playable leagues e.g. Zim, Ire, Ban etc.

2. Option to schedule your own International series (within reason). I like being minor International teams but you don’t play a whole lot of cricket, especially now not all Test teams are in the WTC.

3. Playable as Associate nations now they have a more consistent schedule and World Cup qualifying process. Ties into number 2 (Associates wouldn’t be able to schedule Tests)

I think they've said in the past that changing the international fixture schedule would be hard, but for domestic leagues i agree that all format leagues from top 12 countries should be in the game. I think the ones that are missing are Bangladesh FC and List A, as well as all leagues from SL, ZIM, IRE and AFG

Comment

Less of crazy stuff happening in T20.

Today I needed 27 from 3 overs with 7 wickets in hand. The result was that in the next three overs I lost 5 wickets and only scored 5 runs. I don't begrudge losing, but that's so ridiculous.

Another game, my opponent needed 2 from the final over with 6 wickets in hand. He only got one run and lost two wickets.

I just don't think those kind of things would happen so often at the top level of cricket.

Comment

It’s been mentioned before, but the ability to swap fielders in/out on the fielding setups without having to move them positionally would be great. So you could have your best catches around the bat for example.
              This could work like the team selection screen or similar.

Comment

I'd like to see a large selection of default fields and not have the ability to make manual fields, I feel this can be manipulated and unrealistic fields do too well

Comment

Just some functional T20 game engines. Bizarrely, the AI always seems to do quite a good job of it, which is fine, but when you're batting yourself, you might as well get rid of the top aggression setting, as any player going onto it will swing and miss a couple of times, then get out.

It's just teeth-grindingly frustrating; like someone said a few posts up, I don't mind losing - that's why I'm playing as Derbyshire - but just maybe having it so that it's possible to have an aggressive batsman who's set already be able to clear the ropes when they're on full aggression.

For me, it just kills the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElite View Post
                    I'd like to see a large selection of default fields and not have the ability to make manual fields, I feel this can be manipulated and unrealistic fields do too well
                    I'd hate to lose the ability to set manual fields - being creative with field settings is definitely part of the game. I still remember "The Wall" setting that Yorkshire occasionally used under Jason Gillespie - essentially 3 short extra covers and 3 short midwickets. Don't think you'll find that in any manuals or presets!

Comment

Originally posted by TheElite View Post
                      Not sure by what you mean by manipulated. Why should default fields be the ones that work best? I real life teams set similar but different fields for each bowler, batsman and field/match conditions. If you can see an area - however unlikely - that batsmen have a tendency to score/give chances to the just move a fielder

Comment

Hi Sureshot, in Pakistan's domestic structure the T20 and One day tournaments became double round robin for the last season instead of single round robin, if that can be incorporated it would be great. Further during Pakistan's premier T20 league's schedule window there shouldnt be any fixture for Pakistan national team rather they should be divided in other months like in real life.

As always, thanks for being so actively involved with the Cricket Captain community.

Comment

First day of a test match and 0 bars of spin. Then spinners take almost every wicket before tea...

Comment

iirc DRS was supposed to come in cc21

Comment

I would like reverse sweeps and more sweep shots in general. It's too easy to bowl around the wicket into the right hander's rough and get dot balls, especially with a leg spinner.

This tactic is incredibly effective online where you can bowl it without even having anyone behind square on the leg side and not concede any runs there.

In reality, a batsman would play against the spin, sweep or reverse sweep but in the game, the batsmen continue to try and play straight and miss.

The ability to hit the ball off the pads seems lost on most in game batsmen. Tons of balls just hitting the pads.

Comment

Stop all this bull shit with fielding.

7 drops in 2 20 over games is insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X