No announcement yet.

Things I would like to see in cc21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. More strike rotation in T20s. It is all a bit all or nothing in terms of aggression.

2. Run rates for first class games seem to be on the high side. Bowlers going at 4.5+ an over too regularly. Not enough draws in FC games as a result. I also notice with this that teams declare on the last day of county championship games, leaving their opponents a very difficult target, say 330 in two sessions, which on a lot of occasions are reached with ease. There seems to be something in the engine that makes teams a bit gun-ho in the last innings of a game. Even my own team on 2 aggression bars are scoring at 4 or so an over and getting out wildly when I'm trying just to stick in.

3. Some idea of how many overs remain on a final day when you are chasing or attempting to set a target would be helpful.

4. Too many c&b's. Too many catches at short leg off pacemen.

5. Introduction of DRS, though I can see why this would be a complication. The game engine lends itself to the theory of it's either out or it isn't.

6. Option of turning off regens in the game for first season. Given the squads, their really shouldn't be a need for them. Particularly those ones that come in halfway through the season and tear it up.

7. On subject of regens, too many are way better than the existing young players in the game. A lot of players already pre-loaded (i.e Aitchson at Derby, Goodman at Gloucs, Khushi at Essex) have not made an appearance in 4/5 seasons. It would be nice to see real players develop into the game first.

8. Coach/Physio screen is a mess when you return from international duty. Everyone seems down on form and basically half dead in fitness.

9. More save breaks to view other fixtures rather than the scrolling screen for half a year.

10. Ability to coach your players outside of season.

11. Players scores to be added to the highlight screen.

12. More realistic AI use of bowlers. I can recall racking up 650 odd in 175 overs in a test match and the opponents used 4 bowlers turning their arm over 40 plus overs a piece. One of the players who didn't bowl was a supposed front line bowler too.

13. Batsmen crossing when getting out to a skier. Especially frustrating in limited overs games when tailenders are getting out one after the other while the set player is at the other end.

14. The AI always always enforces the follow on. Unless the deficit is huge, it's not done nearly as much any more.

15. I've seen a lot of heartless declarations too. I've seen so many times where a batsman has been stranded on 99 not out!

16. Can the University teams at the start of the season be made slightly stronger? Those games are far too easy and only serve to inflate figures of the opposition.

17. Maybe the option to coach overseas as well, especially where seasons don't overlap?

18. Make some retired hurts where the batsman can return later.

Comment

Great Post Don, concur with almost everything especially the points on regens.

Comment

Originally posted by Don73 View Post
        1. More strike rotation in T20s. It is all a bit all or nothing in terms of aggression.

2. Run rates for first class games seem to be on the high side. Bowlers going at 4.5+ an over too regularly. Not enough draws in FC games as a result. I also notice with this that teams declare on the last day of county championship games, leaving their opponents a very difficult target, say 330 in two sessions, which on a lot of occasions are reached with ease. There seems to be something in the engine that makes teams a bit gun-ho in the last innings of a game. Even my own team on 2 aggression bars are scoring at 4 or so an over and getting out wildly when I'm trying just to stick in.

3. Some idea of how many overs remain on a final day when you are chasing or attempting to set a target would be helpful.

4. Too many c&b's. Too many catches at short leg off pacemen.

5. Introduction of DRS, though I can see why this would be a complication. The game engine lends itself to the theory of it's either out or it isn't.

6. Option of turning off regens in the game for first season. Given the squads, their really shouldn't be a need for them. Particularly those ones that come in halfway through the season and tear it up.

7. On subject of regens, too many are way better than the existing young players in the game. A lot of players already pre-loaded (i.e Aitchson at Derby, Goodman at Gloucs, Khushi at Essex) have not made an appearance in 4/5 seasons. It would be nice to see real players develop into the game first.

8. Coach/Physio screen is a mess when you return from international duty. Everyone seems down on form and basically half dead in fitness.

9. More save breaks to view other fixtures rather than the scrolling screen for half a year.

10. Ability to coach your players outside of season.

11. Players scores to be added to the highlight screen.

12. More realistic AI use of bowlers. I can recall racking up 650 odd in 175 overs in a test match and the opponents used 4 bowlers turning their arm over 40 plus overs a piece. One of the players who didn't bowl was a supposed front line bowler too.

13. Batsmen crossing when getting out to a skier. Especially frustrating in limited overs games when tailenders are getting out one after the other while the set player is at the other end.

14. The AI always always enforces the follow on. Unless the deficit is huge, it's not done nearly as much any more.

15. I've seen a lot of heartless declarations too. I've seen so many times where a batsman has been stranded on 99 not out!

16. Can the University teams at the start of the season be made slightly stronger? Those games are far too easy and only serve to inflate figures of the opposition.

17. Maybe the option to coach overseas as well, especially where seasons don't overlap?

18. Make some retired hurts where the batsman can return later.

I completely agree with all your observations especially the scoring of singles, high run rates in FC matches and regens. A simple point about regens is that with Under 19 Cups, A tours, etc. there should be enough good players to last at least 5 seasons without regens spoiling the game. For most, some Under 19 or Under 17 player would anyway seem like a regen if they don't follow all the lower age tournaments! For true cricket enthusiasts, it's very annoying to see regens popping up out of nowhere (for England in Tests especially) in the first season itself! So what about the players who are going through the grind of domestic cricket after their Under 19 exploits? They are expected to represent the the country at a higher level more often than not!

Comment

Don73 great points.

I find the AI declarations a real weak point. If a team are pulling ahead and the pitch is favouring their bowlers in the final innings or I need a draw it is too easy to dry them up so they declare so late in the day that the match is effectively over.

Comment

I want to be able to set and forget when it comes to captain. I know it rarely means anything to pick a captain but whilst playing for Aus I had a guy debut and he was selected captain when I had been using someone else the whole 3 years before. What attributes do you need to be captain as you can't train it?
            I think the captain should get a boost or Sureshot could finally explain what happens when you select a player as captain?
            Also if Sureshot could explain what happens with each of the training buttons that'd be great I've been playing this game since I can remember like 2000 or something and I'm still guessing when it comes to training.
            ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Something I noticed the other day, in ODs it seems to take a lot for a batsman to be fully settled. Two of my dudes opened and neither of them were fully settled until the 15th over and they'd both gotten to 50. Dependent on what 'settled' really means, of course, but I'd argue even in a FC game, a dude is well settled before 50, let alone in a OD game.

Comment

I think,

1. The game interface, scorecards, playground pictures, should be customisable.

2. Would be great to have the ability to add photos of players.

3. Auto-reconnect feature on online games should be added, for instance the internet drops then the game never re-connects, have to start again.

4. Player notes feature should be added back.

5. New scorecard simulation animations, new icons, sound effects, commentry must be added.

6. Should be able to pick and compete with legends & all time greats for the online games.

I think these simple additions to the game would offer so much to us in the coming editions.

Comment

I posted this in another channel but here are some of my suggestions.

I'd like to see the option to play a custom match series between domestic teams, for example, if I want to play a match between Essex and Queensland I can without having to go through all players in the World XI. The option to choose what stadium you want to play in would be nice as well, for example, to see how an England vs Australia match would go in Indian conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by striker View Post
                    I think,

1. The game interface, scorecards, playground pictures, should be customisable.

2. Would be great to have the ability to add photos of players.

3. Auto-reconnect feature on online games should be added, for instance the internet drops then the game never re-connects, have to start again.

4. Player notes feature should be added back.

5. New scorecard simulation animations, new icons, sound effects, commentry must be added.

6. Should be able to pick and compete with legends & all time greats for the online games.

I think these simple additions to the game would offer so much to us in the coming editions.
                    Adding legends would be a great step, but don't think they'll allow that. Playing with the players gone by - will also add a nostalgic feel. I for one... would love to play with them.
                    Hard to see that happening BUT it would be nice.

Comment

Also Sureshot The game server seems to be down today. Cannot logi-in the online game

Comment

What is with the increase number of run-outs? I have like 2 or 3 run outs in a sigle match which can be match altering, in terms of a t20 - not so much in an ODI coz I might have time to come back and re-build. But that is definitely a flaw

Comment

Mentioned on previous post, would love to see the ODI super league with option of playing as Netherlands

Comment

Another great inclusion would be to start International career from some point in earlier history. Could be an awesome addition to captain from say 1990 into the new decade.

Comment

I would like to be able to simulate tournaments with multiple teams of "legends". For instance I would love to be able to create a IPL, PSL, CPL type of custom tournament with each team consisting of a mix of retired and current players.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
                                Another great inclusion would be to start International career from some point in earlier history. Could be an awesome addition to captain from say 1990 into the new decade.
                                Not sure I would like to relive too many England performances from the 90s. My main memory is returning home from school eager to see how they were getting on, could they back up that decent batting performance from the day before? I would rush in, turn the TV on and see...Gooch trundling in. I didn't need to look at the score, I already knew all I needed to.

I would also have to say that it would also be hard on the developers. Imagine having to write in a team who can perform with either the bat or the ball but not both in the same match.

Comment

Working...
                                X