X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galvatron View Post
    Stop all this bull shit with fielding.

7 drops in 2 20 over games is insane.
    Why don't you just play the game on very easy mode?

Kieron Pollard once dropped 3 catches off 3 successive balls in an IPL game, bullshit? I bet Mitchell Johnson thought so.

If you think there are too many dropped catches in general then keep track of them and feed back your findings constructively.

Comment

Stop all this bull shit with fielding.

7 drops in 2 20 over games is insane.
      Same fielders? I've had players who's success rate can't be more than 50/50 but they still find their way to first slip or one of the other vital catching positions.

I would love to see statistics on catches for individual players in game. The CpM I find almost useless

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post

Same fielders? I've had players who's success rate can't be more than 50/50 but they still find their way to first slip or one of the other vital catching positions.

I would love to see statistics on catches for individual players in game. The CpM I find almost useless
        Not always, my first slip dropped two and caught five! A couple of keeper drops as well in there. Infuriating.

Comment

I would like reverse sweeps and more sweep shots in general. It's too easy to bowl around the wicket into the right hander's rough and get dot balls, especially with a leg spinner.

This tactic is incredibly effective online where you can bowl it without even having anyone behind square on the leg side and not concede any runs there.

In reality, a batsman would play against the spin, sweep or reverse sweep but in the game, the batsmen continue to try and play straight and miss.

The ability to hit the ball off the pads seems lost on most in game batsmen. Tons of balls just hitting the pads.
          Do you mean bowl a leg stump line? I gave that a try on an unimportant game yesterday after reading this post and found the batters just merrily swatted the sweeps to the boundary behind square leg at least once per over, so very quickly abandoned it. Of course, it depends to some extent on the quality of the bowlers/batters involved I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1K View Post

Do you mean bowl a leg stump line? I gave that a try on an unimportant game yesterday after reading this post and found the batters just merrily swatted the sweeps to the boundary behind square leg at least once per over, so very quickly abandoned it. Of course, it depends to some extent on the quality of the bowlers/batters involved I guess...
            No, it appears that players pack the off side and bowl an off stump line around the wicket. There is usually no one behind square on the leg side and often only 2 or 3 men on the leg side at all.

Top batsmen can sweep outside of off stump and regularly do. Remember how Pieterson would sweep Warne every time he bowled outside of off...

Comment

Not always, my first slip dropped two and caught five! A couple of keeper drops as well in there. Infuriating.
              It would be really helpful to know how many catches platters put down as a percentage of their overall total. And that this was taken into account in the automatic field placings. Playing as Glamorgan the AI always puts Salman and Labuscagne 1 and 2 but both seem to put down a good 30% of their catches.

I did once have two excellent wicket keepers with averages in the mid to high 40s so earned their places as batsmen. One of them was a great keeper and would put down just one or two in a season but if he was fielding anywhere else it was about 50/50 if the catch went to hand! Fortunately the other guy was fine

Comment

No, it appears that players pack the off side and bowl an off stump line around the wicket. There is usually no one behind square on the leg side and often only 2 or 3 men on the leg side at all.

Top batsmen can sweep outside of off stump and regularly do. Remember how Pieterson would sweep Warne every time he bowled outside of off...
                My LO tactics are extremely off side heavy and in real life have developed techniques to nullify that tactic. Can all of those really be brought into the game? It would be good but I can see why that would be difficult, not least because we all keep asking for more teams and greater player database accuracy.

For my own tactics if I am using an off spinner around the wicket against a right hander I pitch the ball outside off but I place a man at silly leg, long leg, a wideish mid on and man about 2/3 of the way to the boundary straight behind the bowler. I want that batsman to sweep because while the guy at long leg can do a lot of chasing about and I will conceed sone boundries if batsman edges the sweep shot it almost always goes to a fielder.

Comment

Reduce the number of LBWs is something that needs to happen. Especially in T20 cricket.

LBWs seem to make up a huge percentage of wickets in LBW but then in reality: https://twitter.com/cricvizanalyst/s...86371863306241

It hardly ever happens...

Comment

Yes you’re correct.
                    The other that needs reducing is ‘caught and bowled’.
                    Ok this happens, it happens in real cricket, but on my save it’s happening very often to the point of being quite silly.
                    Just played a 4 day game and had six ‘caught and bowled’ occur.
                    And I can expect at least 1or 2 each innings in any format which is far from accurate.

Comment

Yeah, hardly anyone caught in the deep... whereas the IPL game I watched on Friday. I think K Pandya, H Pandya and Pollard were all caught on the boundary going for a six! This rarely happens in the game!

Comment

Agree that there are far too many c&b.

I have a LO field setting that I also use to restrict the RR in FC and tests and use close fielders who get more catches than they probably should - a silly leg rather than a man at mid-wicket and a man halfway between gully and point. The guy at point/gully is probably fair enough but a silly leg essentially covering mid-wicket and square leg?

I should be seeing batsmen chip it over the silly leg into the vast open space between a wideish mid on and deep long leg.

Comment

I vividly remember that many users wanted the runs scored to be increased in LO matches when the game was released. Rather than make huge overhauls to the scoring engine, maybe the Developers just increased the frequency of dropped catches to produce higher scores?

Comment

It’s been mentioned before, but the ability to swap fielders in/out on the fielding setups without having to move them positionally would be great. So you could have your best catches around the bat for example.
                            This could work like the team selection screen or similar.

In theory this would mean better catchers in the more busier catching positions, thus the percentage of “drops” at least around the bat should lessen.

Comment

Currently the first over after lunch almost always produces a wicket. Often the first ball after lunch, no matter the match situation. Just had a guy on 310 not out Vs Zimbabwe, great pitch and he was well settled. Zero aggression and first ball after lunch he tries to smash it into the sea.

It's almost worth putting in a night watchman for after lunch.

Comment

When you're aiming for 7rpo why are batsmen offering no stroke 5 balls out of 6? Desperately needs changing.

Comment

Working...
                                X