Moving International Roles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving International Roles

I cannot find a response to this anywhere - are there plans to allow movement between international sides? As in, I start as Bangladesh and get offered the India job?

Originally posted by ICClover View Post
    I cannot find a response to this anywhere - are there plans to allow movement between international sides? As in, I start as Bangladesh and get offered the India job?
    I don't think movement happens for the International sides, its the domestic side that has the movement (for example: Mumbai Indians to Karachi) if you've played well with the team, coaching job changes.
    Why would you want to have movement of your International side? That sounds bizzare to me. There has to be a constant.

Comment

I get why you might want to.

A move to one of the top counties, a big Aussie side or one of the 2nd tier test nations sounds fair. It might happen less in cricket but it is far from uncommon in rugby.

I would really like it when you took over a national team it could be at the expense of your domestic side. Every time I build a great squad and take on a national team I get frustrated and either drop the internationals or stop playing that save, the AI treats your squad in the same way a puppy treats the iPad you left on the floor.

Comment

Same here,
        I normally now just play England on the winter away schedule, then resign in the new season until I’m maybe offered the job again.
        Trying to captain my county at the same time is frustrating as the AI will pick wrong players and somehow all my county team end up on no form or injured! Then my results start to ’tumble‘ off, which undo’s everything I’ve fought for.

Comment

And you lose revenue which means you lose players...I seldom find it worth it.

It does emphasise just how poor the AI selection often is. I have often built up a strong bowling team - 1st and 2nd choice all-rounders, a mix of quicks and two spinners able to move the ball either way on a turning wicket. You leave it to the AI and it picks both spinners and two seamers on a bouncy wicket or five seamers, no all rounder on a spinning wicket or uses a batsman as the 1st choice bowler.

It is a weak point in the game because I've played teams with much the same issues - a non-contest because they turn up with three seamers and a batsman as the bowling attack on a pitch offering no bounce and two bars spin. if there is no other way to do it then the AI should at least have a framework for each wicket type rather than free rein to pick the 'best' bowlers.

Comment

Well put,
            you can identify that weakness even further by having a good look at your next opponent ‘pre’ match selection screen. Frequently I’m coming across teams that don’t have a spinner, or any spinner of real note (35+ Ave).
            So it’s easy for me to select a spinners heaven as my home wicket and thrash them with my LS and OS!
            Similarly I’ve had opponents selecting a spinners heaven but then not using a spinner which is baffling?
            And then of course there’s the problem with opponents selecting a bowler at batting position 4, especially during 1 day games..

Comment

I would say that really good spinners tend to be few and far between in English cricket and there are teams (like Glamorgan) who have some decent LO spinners but who are 35+ bowlers in FC cricket.

Which is why Somerset were doing so well a few years ago with three good spinners and and preparing turning pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post

I don't think movement happens for the International sides, its the domestic side that has the movement (for example: Mumbai Indians to Karachi) if you've played well with the team, coaching job changes.
                Why would you want to have movement of your International side? That sounds bizzare to me. There has to be a constant.
                Think about Duncan fletcher, Dav Watmore, Bob Woolmer etc. Led more than one international side. The idea of doing well as, say, Ireland and earning England that way is appealing.

Comment

Working...
                X