Test match engine is shambolic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made a few of those.

I prefer to chase too unless the pitch is dead flat or is flat with one bar of spin. I have gone for bowling first despite that because my bowlers were in storming form and then lost quite dramatically.

The hardest, and least common, pitch to bat first on is when it is lively with overcast conditions. Very difficult to gauge how aggressive to go.

Comment

My two bits Sureshot lower the aggression bars in new version. 11-12 per over is probably only for the 100, but it seems to clash with Test and ODI aggression levels. Increase incidence of singles instead. Presently, I manage to score 330+ (easy mode) and 270+ (normal mode) in Test cricket per day almost 90% of the time. This has to spruced down by 20+ runs for sure to make it more real life. There seems to be a strange phenomenon in 3rd & 4th innings where scoring rate goes up abnormally. Probably this is one of the main reasons for those unrealistic scores in the last two innings. Also, aggressive batsmen incidence of getting out may have to be tweaked, as presently its as if they are Gods in 4th & 5th day of a Test match.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
        My two bits Sureshot lower the aggression bars in new version. 11-12 per over is probably only for the 100, but it seems to clash with Test and ODI aggression levels. Increase incidence of singles instead. Presently, I manage to score 330+ (easy mode) and 270+ (normal mode) in Test cricket per day almost 90% of the time. This has to spruced down by 20+ runs for sure to make it more real life. There seems to be a strange phenomenon in 3rd & 4th innings where scoring rate goes up abnormally. Probably this is one of the main reasons for those unrealistic scores in the last two innings. Also, aggressive batsmen incidence of getting out may have to be tweaked, as presently its as if they are Gods in 4th & 5th day of a Test match.
        I recently chased 424 therabouts, batting day 4 and 5 of a test match. Highly unlikely for that to happen in real time cricket, but well - what do you know! Not sure if it was poor bowling, good batting or just one of those computer game days , where it is pre decided that you'll chase no matter what and WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by saviopaes View Post

I recently chased 424 therabouts, batting day 4 and 5 of a test match. Highly unlikely for that to happen in real time cricket, but well - what do you know! Not sure if it was poor bowling, good batting or just one of those computer game days , where it is pre decided that you'll chase no matter what and WIN.
          Sometimes I chase big 400+ scores successfully, sometimes I fail to chase sub 150 scores. Opposition has done it on occasions too.

For me it's limited overs where I find that the AI can go fully aggressive in a chase without losing wickets. If I score 400+ in an OD match, I'm the AI seems to have a better chance of chasing that down than ~300 scores.

Comment

Working...
          X