Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
    Notts:
    • Trego reduced to Agg
    • I'd suggest Duckett should be just Agg - not quite V.Agg imo
    • Clarke not a OD opener as far as I'm aware
    Somerset:
    • Banton potentially V. Agg

Yorkshire:
    • Malan maybe Agg? Has had great success in limited overs in recent years.
    • Olivier probably close to being RF

couple of points on the above:

Trego - v.agg is correct for him imo His strike rates are down compared to the new crop of attacking batsman, I think agg is fair.
    Duckett - v.agg is right for him too imo, he's probably one of the most aggressive FC batsmen in england Yep, he's staying V Agg.
    Clarke - does actually open in the majority of OD and T20 games, so again this is correct for him Yep, he's staying OD/20over opener.

Banton - agree, does deserve to be V.Agg Hmm, I'm questioning myself again. His 20 over SR is V Agg, but the others aren't. Need a think on this!

Malan - agree, should be Agg As per previous page, will stay average for now.
    Olivier - don't believe he bowls more than mid-high 80's so is RMF imo Been 90+ when I've seen him, but very subjective!

overall agree that the squads look great & agree with most of the feedback too

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-09-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I know it’s the wrong page but it’s Andile Phehlukwayo, not Andy as it is in game.
      Also I’d say Pujara is correct at avg aggression

Comment

Disagree on Olivier not being RF, he’s one of the quickest around in county cricket and last year hit 10 batsmen on the head with bouncers

Comment

[*]Don't think Robson and Adair are still at the club.Hmm, can't find anything confirming they left or that they are still there. They both played last season, so think will leave them for now unless you've got some article showing they've left that I can't find?
          Sureshot
          I was under the impression they were on short-term contracts. Neither listed on Durham's official website or Wiki page.
          https://www.durhamcricket.co.uk/play...-staff/senior/

Also a fair point about Jenner, they don't seem to have any other keepers and seems sensible to include at least one backup WK. Seems to have played for Sussex in the past so this makes sense.
          Last edited by MateGaming; 06-09-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Bowling speeds are completely wrong yet again.

It should be RM-RMF-RFM-RF

A simple analysis of present day bowlers on ESPN Cricinfo could confirm that.

Anyway, it's the developer's prerogative to decide.

Will it be possible to post Indian sides. I would like to comment on them if allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
              Bowling speeds are completely wrong yet again.

It should be RM-RMF-RFM-RF

A simple analysis of present day bowlers on ESPN Cricinfo could confirm that.

Anyway, it's the developer's prerogative to decide.

Will it be possible to post Indian sides. I would like to comment on them if allowed.
              We've always done it with RMF faster than RFM, there's a lot of difference between various sources. I'm not fond of changing it on Cricket Captain until we can display bowler speeds in the highlights.

Are there any specific Indian sides you want to look at? There's 38 teams...

Comment

Sureshot
                I was under the impression they were on short-term contracts. Neither listed on Durham's official website or Wiki page.
                https://www.durhamcricket.co.uk/play...-staff/senior/

Also a fair point about Jenner, they don't seem to have any other keepers and seems sensible to include at least one backup WK. Seems to have played for Sussex in the past so this makes sense.
                Tricky with Jenner, it's not "right", but then really don't want Sussex to have only 1 keeper. Best compromise for now, especially with this disrupted season, Sussex might have promoted a youth keeper, etc, but are unlikely to now.

Have changed Robson and Adair to be available at start of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We've always done it with RMF faster than RFM, there's a lot of difference between various sources. I'm not fond of changing it on Cricket Captain until we can display bowler speeds in the highlights.

Are there any specific Indian sides you want to look at? There's 38 teams...
                  Sure. Understood. Would like to see all State Teams & IPL teams. Some players have exhibited enormous skill in the Ranji Trophy this year.

Also some quirky picks in the IPL draft although it may not be relevant in reality.

Been watching a lot of cricket across various nations. Would like to help in the overall database if that's OK.

Comment

Unsure on Rossouw, s/r's suggest Agg but the way he plays in real life is more V. Agg. Also no longer plays FC cricket for Hants, is on a white-ball contract only. I've retired Rossouw from all but Dom 20 Over, from this article it sounds clear he's just playing that now:
                    Sureshot
                    Still not quite sure about this.
                    He had made comments at the beginning of the 2019 season about wishing to retire from red-ball, or at least to just focus on white-ball cricket.
                    From this, I took to mean that he would no longer play in the Championship from the end of the season but would continue to participate in both other formats.
                    Obviously, The Hundred has meant that he wouldn't play List A cricket this year, but as far as I'm aware, he would have done had he not been selected for the Hundred.

Without knowing how the Hundred will work (I'm assuming it's fully manageable like any other competition) in which case there could potentially be seasons in-game for which he was not selected for the Hundred, therefore (as far as I'm aware with his contract irl) would mean that he would be available for One Day selection.

Comment

Could you please post the Pakistan domestic squads - maybe at least the PSL teams as there are only 6 teams

Will sort shortly. I'll create separate threads for those.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

until we can display bowler speeds in the highlights.
                        Any chance of this being added soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

Any chance of this being added soon?
                          Not for Cricket Captain 2020, can't say much beyond that.

Comment

Sureshot
                            Still not quite sure about this.
                            He had made comments at the beginning of the 2019 season about wishing to retire from red-ball, or at least to just focus on white-ball cricket.
                            From this, I took to mean that he would no longer play in the Championship from the end of the season but would continue to participate in both other formats.
                            Obviously, The Hundred has meant that he wouldn't play List A cricket this year, but as far as I'm aware, he would have done had he not been selected for the Hundred.

Without knowing how the Hundred will work (I'm assuming it's fully manageable like any other competition) in which case there could potentially be seasons in-game for which he was not selected for the Hundred, therefore (as far as I'm aware with his contract irl) would mean that he would be available for One Day selection.
                            The 100-ball is fully manageable, if you're managing a domestic team as well which has a match going on at the same time you will be taking control of the 100 match.

Based on this quote:

"I have one more season with them. They (Hampshire) backed me throughout the three years that I have been with them, so hopefully I can give something back in the coming T20 season."

From this article: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...ame-lights-bpl

I think it's fair to retire Rossouw from all but 20 Over?

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

Sure. Understood. Would like to see all State Teams & IPL teams. Some players have exhibited enormous skill in the Ranji Trophy this year.

Also some quirky picks in the IPL draft although it may not be relevant in reality.

Been watching a lot of cricket across various nations. Would like to help in the overall database if that's OK.
                              Okay, should have time this afternoon to sort. Indian 20 Over squads are up already in their own thread here: https://childishthings.com/forum/for...indian-20-over

Comment

Couple of points from me:

Gloucs

Ben Charlesworth bowls RM or RFM (75-80 at the moment, so wherever that falls in your scale)
                                Ollie Price (younger brother of Tom Price) has signed a contract for Gloucs too - he bowls OS and bats high up the order. Added.
                                Tom Price is probably slightly quicker than RM Changed

Surrey

Borthwick definitely not an all rounder anymore Changed
                                Gus Atkinson is a seam bowler, not a batsman Changed
                                Dernbach is now RFM Changed
                                McKerr is probably RF, he's pretty sharp He will be RF.

Can't wait for the game!
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X