YouTube Cricket Captain Series - English Domestic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MateGaming View Post

Dearden is actually at Gloucestershire now but his stats don't look too impressive. I don't recall seeing Evans or Swindells since I released them. All three certainly have potential irl but were never going to be good enough in-game, with how the game handles young talent unfortunately.
    Yeah it's a shame. That's another one to feedback though, I've mentioned many times that young players don't develop but have been seemingly ignored, another voice won't hurt!

Comment

Can we turn around a mediocre start to our fourth season?

Comment

You’re getting very stressed, hate to see what happens when you lose some games haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post
          You’re getting very stressed, hate to see what happens when you lose some games haha
          Those run outs

Comment

Episode 27 out now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mODAyM7W5GQ

Comment

T20 not causing you stress for once, happy days

Comment

T20 not causing you stress for once, happy days
                Happy days indeed!

Comment

Episode 28:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiB0KIfdd4

Comment

I thought without a wicket keeper you were really meant to suffer on this game but you still did well in the T20 at least...

Comment

I thought without a wicket keeper you were really meant to suffer on this game but you still did well in the T20 at least...
                      Yeah, Donald is a very part-time keeper irl but wouldn't have thought that would have much of an impact in-game. I got lucky I guess haha

Comment

Not directly related to the save, but thought this was interesting as I had signed the same player: https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...ghamshire.html

Comment

Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                          Not directly related to the save, but thought this was interesting as I had signed the same player: https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...ghamshire.html
                          Ha I seen this earlier. Didn't realise his white ball stats were so strong actually! Seems he will be filling the Malan shaped hole in the batting order for a few games.

Comment

Still enjoying this story. Been inspired to start my own Leicestershire save.

2 seasons in, promoted first season but barely stayed up last season. Lost in the t20 quarters both seasons and nowhere near getting out the group in the one day cup.

Bowling attack is built around Griffiths, Taylor and Parkinson who are all averaging around 30, Zak Chappell and Matt Fisher joined last season and both averaged similar. Will Davis has been unreal though averaging low 20s in all formats!

Swindells has been first choice keeper (due to Hill being terrible in season 1) and averaging mid 30s in first class but struggling in white ball cricket. Sam Evans has had chances due to injuries and averaging on or around 40 in first class and list a, bizarrely for a very defensive player he's been strongest in the one day cup. Dearden was on his way out after being pretty poor but got a chance due to injury at the end of the second season and hit a couple one day fifties and half a dozen 50 plus scores in the championship helping keep us up, he wanted 51k to stay oddly so I decided to gamble that his form continues to be strong.

Handscombe was awesome in all formats as overseas and back in once again this season.

No funds to really strengthen but Steve Davies has come in from Somerset to compete with Swindells and as backup opener for Azad and Evans (both are very defensive and haven't responded to aggressive technique training so we often get off to torturous starts). Nathan Gilchrist and Joey Evison came in cheap and both are still young so hoping they come good. Gilchrist wanted 27.5k so wondering if he's just been struggling to get into a strong Somerset pace attack.
                            Last edited by Lynx54321; 08-01-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                              Still enjoying this story. Been inspired to start my own Leicestershire save.

2 seasons in, promoted first season but barely stayed up last season. Lost in the t20 quarters both seasons and nowhere near getting out the group in the one day cup.

Bowling attack is built around Griffiths, Taylor and Parkinson who are all averaging around 30, Zak Chappell and Matt Fisher joined last season and both averaged similar. Will Davis has been unreal though averaging low 20s in all formats!

Swindells has been first choice keeper (due to Hill being terrible in season 1) and averaging mid 30s in first class but struggling in white ball cricket. Sam Evans has had chances due to injuries and averaging on or around 40 in first class and list a, bizarrely for a very defensive player he's been strongest in the one day cup. Dearden was on his way out after being pretty poor but got a chance due to injury at the end of the second season and hit a couple one day fifties and half a dozen 50 plus scores in the championship helping keep us up, he wanted 51k to stay oddly so I decided to gamble that his form continues to be strong.

Handscombe was awesome in all formats as overseas and back in once again this season.

No funds to really strengthen but Steve Davies has come in from Somerset to compete with Swindells and as backup opener for Azad and Evans (both are very defensive and haven't responded to aggressive technique training so we often get off to torturous starts). Nathan Gilchrist and Joey Evison came in cheap and both are still young so hoping they come good. Gilchrist wanted 27.5k so wondering if he's just been struggling to get into a strong Somerset pace attack.
                              Nice work, some decent signings there. Griffiths and Parkinson seem to do pretty well which I was surprised about tbh. Good to see you've managed to get some form out of the likes of Swindells, Evans and Dearden, unlike me!

Comment

Having already sealed a Quarter-Final place for the first time, how high in the group can we finish, in order to hopefully get the highest finish possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X