This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes and graphics glitches

If you are having problems with crashes or graphics glitches, try updating your graphics drivers. You can find details here:

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

If that doesn't work, contact us though the support page.

Microsoft graphics drivers are not compatible with Cricket Captain 2014. You can check if your graphics drivers are provided by Microsoft by doing this:

Press Windows key + R at the same time on your keyboard
    In the command box type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and press enter.
    Open ‘Display adapters’, right click on your display adapter and select properties.
    Click on the ‘Driver’ tab and check the name of the provider. If you have Microsoft drivers, then please uninstall this driver (which can be done from the Driver tab described above). You can then update your drivers by doing this:

Press Windows key + R at the same time on your keyboard
    In the command box type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and press enter.
    Open ‘Display adapters’, right click on your display adapter and select properties.
    In the ‘General’ tab, look at Manufacturer:

If you have an Nvidia card then please use this link to automatically find the latest drivers for your machine: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

If you have an ATI or AMD card then please use this link to automatically find the latest drivers for your machine: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

If you have an Intel card then please use this link to automatically find the latest drivers for your machine: http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu
    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-22-2014, 11:34 AM.

I updated my drivers but my screen still looks like this !!, Does anybody know how it can be fixed ? It's doing my head in lol Click image for larger version

Name:	10589574_10152603828730450_651425288_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	53263

Comment

That's the same screen that I get Ranga, I can't play the game, it has totally ruined the excitement of it for me, I have updated all the latest drivers and installs on my PC and not sure what to do now, please help us Childish Things

Comment

As soon as initialise the game it crashes and closes immediately, updated graphics card to latest version as recommended on FAQ's, messaged the childish things team but no response and its been over an hour. Frustration city here!

Comment

Pretty annoying, zzz. I tried uninstalling it after i got all the new drivers but still didnt fix the problem.

Comment

I have had similar issues. As soon as open the game it crashes 5-10 seconds later. I have tried about 20 times with no luck.

Comment

I am facing the same issue.. The game crashes as soon as I launch it... Please resolve...

Comment

Somebody help us , I wanna plaaay haha.

Comment

Some people still having graphic issues/bugs after they've updated their drivers. If this is the case, try disabling the Steam overlay:
                  - Right click on the game in the Steam library.
                  - Click properties.
                  - Untick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                    Some people still having graphic issues/bugs after they've updated their drivers. If this is the case, try disabling the Steam overlay:
                    - Right click on the game in the Steam library.
                    - Click properties.
                    - Untick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'.
                    Didnt fix the problem

Comment

Hi Ranga,

You have a different issue with your screen resolution. I'm just trying to find a way to re-set this by hand.

Chris

Comment

Cheers boss !

Comment

Ranga - your issue is slightly different by the look of it. Let's try setting your screen resolution by hand.

We need to get you to where the options.xml is located.

It should be in "C:\Users\[*Your User Name*]\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2014\Saves\options.xml"

If you then open up the options.xml in some kind of editor i.e. notepad, find the following settings resolution and fullscreen and change them to whats below, hopefully this should put you in 1024x768 windowed. This will then allow you to customize to what you want

<FullScreen value="0"/>
                          <Resolution value="67109632"/>

You can also try 800x600 if that doesn't work:
                          <FullScreen value="0"/>
                          <Resolution value="52429400"/>

Comment

I get as far as n "C:\Users\[*Your User Name*]\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2014\Saves\ then there is no options file i can go into.

Comment

Hi Chris,

When i first started the game the screen looked like this. Click image for larger version

Name:	Cricket Captain Homepage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	53264 Should it be like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X