This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
    Some people still having graphic issues/bugs after they've updated their drivers. If this is the case, try disabling the Steam overlay:
    - Right click on the game in the Steam library.
    - Click properties.
    - Untick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'.
    Thanks for the email support, however this ^ above seems to have fixed the problem now.

Comment

I managed to find the options file, but i just ended up making my screen smaller.. Helped a little but the white font on the clowd background still makes it awfully hard to try and play the game, The blue background is still missing.
      Last edited by Ranga; 08-09-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranga View Post
        I get as far as n "C:\Users\[*Your User Name*]\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2014\Saves\ then there is no options file i can go into.
        Download and add this one:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	53266

Is what it looks like after putting in those options.

Comment

Had a runtime error, just about to start a torrid 4th innings of a game I had no chance in. I'm so bad at bowling in this game

Comment

Ranga - Which method did you use to update your drivers? Did you update through Windows Update?

Comment

I don't think so, i used one of the links you guys gave us and it made me download another program and then updated it that way

Comment

I'm not sure this will work in your instance, Ranga, for others who are experiencing a crash on startup can you try this:

Go to:

C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\CricketCapt ain2014 Then right click on the Cricket2014.exe and click Run As Admin.

If this works for anyone, please let me know.

Ranga - What is the make and model of your machine?

Comment

This it mine looks like. I can play the game but doesn't look like I was expecting.

Comment

Any fix for a Data Execution Prevention on Vista causing the game to not run? It stops the game from loading up at all.

Comment

So I've gotten this bug twice during the third innings of a match and I think its after a wicket fell:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bug.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	53267

I'm just so disappointed this year, this whole new interface is not to my liking but can be made useful if edited properly but please can one of the admin or a developer tell me why South Africa and New Zealand and Indan domestic have not being added? They have the players but if they have any trouble creating it ask people on the forums I can tell you exactly how the South African domestic setup works and I would happily do the teams databases for each team! This would allow competitions like the CLT20 to be brought into play and would increase the longetivity as it is another challenge to conquer! Please can the devs read this and at the minimum start a thread with a wishlist to see how to get more money from what people want!

Comment

Some people still having graphic issues/bugs after they've updated their drivers. If this is the case, try disabling the Steam overlay:
                          - Right click on the game in the Steam library.
                          - Click properties.
                          - Untick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'.
                          Didn't work for me either. Steam is telling me that I've played 27 minutes so far when, in fact, I don't yet even know what the game looks like. It crashes before it loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                            I'm not sure this will work in your instance, Ranga, for others who are experiencing a crash on startup can you try this:

Go to:

C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\CricketCapt ain2014 Then right click on the Cricket2014.exe and click Run As Admin.

If this works for anyone, please let me know.

Ranga - What is the make and model of your machine?
                            Didn't work, I'm afraid.

Comment

Ranga - your issue is slightly different by the look of it. Let's try setting your screen resolution by hand.

We need to get you to where the options.xml is located.

It should be in "C:\Users\[*Your User Name*]\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2014\Saves\options.xml"

If you then open up the options.xml in some kind of editor i.e. notepad, find the following settings resolution and fullscreen and change them to whats below, hopefully this should put you in 1024x768 windowed. This will then allow you to customize to what you want

<FullScreen value="0"/>
                              <Resolution value="67109632"/>

You can also try 800x600 if that doesn't work:
                              <FullScreen value="0"/>
                              <Resolution value="52429400"/>
                              I don't even have the folder C:\Users\[*Your User Name*]\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2014! Should I have? Or does that only get created once you've managed to run the game for the first time? I can't believe how much time this is taking. I hope it proves worth it.

Comment

In the contracts after the end of the first season, when I try and sign a reserve, the game freezes. Overall, the game is quite slow as well but otherwise, really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X