Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same story here, Was in 4th innings in the last session - checked a players stats, and clicked back. Instant Crash.

On rage tilt

Comment

• I have the latest update, playing the game on a laptop and the game still crashes. Lots. Usually during the third or fourth innings of a first-class match. It is making the game, for me, unplayable. I've tried saving games every ten overs, every hour, whatever - but I'm constantly losing key periods of games, unfortunately. Just as you're getting into a game, bang. Gone. Is there any news about this issue getting sorted once and for all? I've followed the forum for a while, but can't find anything definitive really.

I have thought long and hard about posting this, as I have played the game for over a decade (2001 Ashes was my first game, I think!) and loved it, genuinely. I realise the game is produced by a small team and bugs will happen - however the game is unplayable. In my eyes I have not got the game I paid for, as you can't play games of first class cricket on it. Understandably this it hugely frustrating and if there is not a 'fix' for this issue, soon, then in my eyes I have not got what I purchased.

Comment

• We're pretty confident that we've nailed the crashes in the Match screen now. Version 14.11 is now live, you should all be prompted to update the game through Steam.

To say this has been a difficult bug to track down would be an understatement (many, many red herrings with it), it's taken a lot longer than we thought, but I think we're there now.

Thanks for all your patience with this issue.

Big thanks to Dick Van Dyke's Disco Dog as well, he was able to provide some information to us that helped me work out a little more what was happening with the bug and eventually led to us being able to repeat the issue a bit more easily.

Comment

• Hi I have just bought the game and when I try to play it says Open GL 2 or above required (Found Open GL 1.4) which is currently not supported on your machine. I am using windows vista. I have intel card and have updated it to the latest drivers.
          Last edited by Sheharyar; 10-23-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Hi,

I have just replied to your support e-mail.

Comment

• Hi I'm getting lots of crashes playing on my PC with the latest patch. It seems to happen when returning to the main menu after seeing the scorecard at the end of the match.

I have played 10 Championship games so far and it must have crashed about 6 times - not always after a 4 day game. Very frustrating though.

Comment

• Hi,

To confirm, it's crashing when you click on Continue from the Match Summary screen after a match has finished?

Do you go in to the scorecards in Match Summary at this point?

Do you use the Save Scorecard feature?

Comment

• The game crashes for me in the middle 1 in 5 times i play the game :/
                  I am on Mac... I have version 1.02..

Comment

• We're still waiting for Apple approval on this fix for Mac. Should be very soon.

Comment

• Updated to version 1.03 on Mac... Crashes are history now

Comment

• hi there - sorry to not go through all the replies - i would guess some of these have been mentioned before. but some obvious thoughts for now, and then hopefully my mind will get jogged and i'll come back later with some more obscure ones.

firstly, well done on getting the game into a good state for this year. i can understand, then, why the graphics are the same as previous versions (basically).

the non-striker always strays well well out of his crease

stumpings are rubbish - i'm sure you know what i mean!!

there are quite a few commands during ODIs that are "the wrong way round" - you get informed that your defensive setting is invalid, then that your bowler has run out of overs, and then that it's a power play, or whatever.

i just had a funny one for the first time the other day - second slip took a brilliant diving catch. ended up right by third slip, who continued to stare forward, apparently unaffected by what was going on nearby

i HATE all these chips down the ground that mid-on and mid-off can't be bothered to get to, or even the ones that go back past the bowler. i'm there shouting CATCH IT!!!! every time in these tense matches

New Zealand's kit has the silver fern flourish, lovely. yet England wear dark blue, which is actually neither of their kits these days!

Comment

• Help needed

Hi guys, i need some help, i purchased your game today, but am getting the white text graphics error mentioned in the FAQ. Drivers are updated, and ive tried every other fix here having read through it all. Ive been a big fan of the cricket captain series ever since it started when i was a kid, im very keen to get started, and very frustrated with the errors, can anyone please help, if not, is it possible to get a refund through steam?

Comment

• Hi,

Can you send us a message through the message box on this page:

http://childishthings.com/support.php

It might be that you haven't got the most up to date drivers (they are a pain to find the right ones in some respects).

Comment

• Hi there i had re-installed my windows and not able to play Cricket captain 2014 anymore, i'm getting the error showing that found Open Gl1.1 and Cricket captian requires Open GL 2.0 o above. How to update it and i had already gone through the process of intel driver support system and drivers are updated. I'm using Window 7 with Intel graphic cards

Comment

Working...
                              X