Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relatively simple changes could be made to make the game a more immersive experience:

1) The ability to review league tables and matches from previous seasons

2) The ability to review a player's record from each season (not just the current season and the two previous seasons) and for international players, their record against particular nations

3) More in-game announcements - for example, if Ian Bell scores a hundred, a pop up could be launched to say that it is 22nd test hundred, 9,000 career run or 500th run in the series/calendar year.

4) The ability (as on previous games) to see what is happening in other matches taking place at the same time.

5) Records of international/county teams should be more detailed - ie perhaps a top 10 list for each nation/county of leading run scorers and wicket takers in their history (possibly easier to implement in international cricket).

6) Ability to select your own pitch at international level.

7) There needs to be more flexibility in general around the signing of players - at the moment it is a bit of a lottery as to what is going to happen. Before the 'window' starts, you should be able to see a list of the players whose contracts are due to expire so you have an idea of the type of players that might be available. This will influence the decisions you make in offering contracts. There also needs to be greater visibility in relation to the availability of overseas players - there are a number of seasons where I have signed a reserve overseas players who is not playing in the IPL and then you later find out he is on international duty for the most of the summer - I would suggest another screen stating which international series are due to take place and the dates of these series. I assume it would also make sense to be able to sign a third/fourth overseas player during the season if your other two overseas players are unavailable. Loan signings during the seasons should also be possible.

8) As mentioned before, regens are fundamentally too good (and arguably too numerous in number). Within a couple of years of playing, a large number of international teams (especially England) have lots of regens. If you look at the England team in 3-5 years' time, I highly doubt the team would contain 4-5 players who are not currently on the books of any county. In addition, highly rated youngsters on the game rarely seem to develop - for example, Stokes, Buttler, Billings etc never seem to really improve as players and their stats stay roughly the same.

9) Certainly from an England perspective, it is rare to find high achieving players receiving England call ups (again, certainly for non-regen players). As an example, Stuart Meaker for me has taken 91 wickets at 25.56, 120 wickets at 20.07 and 93 wickets at 25.41 in 3 consecutive seasons. He has not been included in one England squad.

10) The ability of some players seems to drop off a cliff as they get older. Whilst this is of course possible - it seems unlikely that the enormous decreases would occur.

Other features such as international A teams, various T20 leagues, the ability to play as associate nations etc would also be great but I imagine harder to implement.

Comment

• Hey Guys,
      Great Game you have created. Enjoy it very much and have had for years.

Couple of suggestions for the game

1- In the team records section , have a tab (page) for notes of memorable performances.
      eg I had a player who did a 100 and took 10 wickets in a game.

2- In the team records again, maybe a section for fastest 50/100 per balls over the three formats,

3- Bring back the notes in the player profile. I found it fun in some of the older versions of the game keeping a running track of the ranking the players had in world rankings.

3- After the team is selected for certain series , maybe show where the rankings are for the players in the squad.

4- End of year, have a recap of the season. Eg Most runs, wickets for team over the three formats.

5- Applies to only real life players in the database, have a extra tab to show how well they have performed for the team since the game was started.
      eg
      Ross Taylor
      Test averages before the game starts.

What he did for you before he retires.

Then final career fiqures.

Comment

Working...
      X