training question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training question

Some of these may have been asked before, so my apologies for that.

1. Sometimes I will leaving training on a player for the whole season and never get any notification that they improved or changed at all. Does this mean the training really didn't improve them?

2. For players 25 and under, is it better to do general technique training or specific skills training?

3. This one I am not sure about at all. Does training only give them benefit when they are not playing? Or can you put a player on skills training and keep them in the lineup to play and they'll still get the benefit of training? I'm starting to suspect that training only benefits players when not in the lineup but have no way of knowing for sure.

4. Is practice the only way to improve a player's form? What if you put them to play with the Second XI? Is that a way to improve their form?

Originally posted by chancat74 View Post
    Some of these may have been asked before, so my apologies for that.

1. Sometimes I will leaving training on a player for the whole season and never get any notification that they improved or changed at all. Does this mean the training really didn't improve them?

You will only get messages regarding technique training having improved them.

2. For players 25 and under, is it better to do general technique training or specific skills training?

Either is okay, depending on how you feel they need to improve.

3. This one I am not sure about at all. Does training only give them benefit when they are not playing? Or can you put a player on skills training and keep them in the lineup to play and they'll still get the benefit of training? I'm starting to suspect that training only benefits players when not in the lineup but have no way of knowing for sure.

Training occurs regardless.

4. Is practice the only way to improve a player's form? What if you put them to play with the Second XI? Is that a way to improve their form?

Putting them in the second team for a game of few can help improve form too.
    I've answered according to what I've found or have read.

Comment

Graham has nailed every question.

Comment

So if you just do General Technique training, you want get any messages saying hes gotten "generally" better. Only if you train for something specific like offside shots would you get a notice saying he had improved in a specific area like that.

Comment

Originally posted by chancat74 View Post
          So if you just do General Technique training, you want get any messages saying hes gotten "generally" better. Only if you train for something specific like offside shots would you get a notice saying he had improved in a specific area like that.
          No - you only get the messages regarding specific technique training.

Comment

Working...
          X