Dropbox Syncing Disabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox Syncing Disabled?

I'm still playing CC2014 as I don't want to give up my save. I just wouldn't have any interest in starting a new save, so I'm still playing this older version. In the last week I've noticed that dropbox won't sync anymore. I've tried turning it off and on, reinstalling drop box on both devices, and all sorts of different options - but nothing good comes of it. I play predominantly on my Android tablet, but occasionally will pick it up on my iPhone.

The error message is always the same:
    "Failed to sync...If this problem persists, try re-linking your account via the Options menu".

I'd hate to think you make games redundant to force people into buying a newer version, but I very clearly remember my CC2011 save on iPhone breaking when a newer version came out.

Originally posted by powercord84 View Post
    I'm still playing CC2014 as I don't want to give up my save. I just wouldn't have any interest in starting a new save, so I'm still playing this older version. In the last week I've noticed that dropbox won't sync anymore. I've tried turning it off and on, reinstalling drop box on both devices, and all sorts of different options - but nothing good comes of it. I play predominantly on my Android tablet, but occasionally will pick it up on my iPhone.

The error message is always the same:
    "Failed to sync...If this problem persists, try re-linking your account via the Options menu".

I'd hate to think you make games redundant to force people into buying a newer version, but I very clearly remember my CC2011 save on iPhone breaking when a newer version came out.
    Sorry, this is quite an old post, but only just seen it.

We definitely don't make games redundant.

Dropbox have been causing us some headaches in the last couple of years. We had a PC-specific Dropbox issue that we fixed for 2016, we're unaware of any issues with Dropbox on iPhone/Android for CC2014. No one else has brought this up, but it is a couple of years old now, so it's not likely as many are playing it and thus not using features like Dropbox. Is this still a problem? Dropbox changed how they handle applications.

Iirc, the 2011 iOS game had problems when Apple upgraded iOS, 2011 was made with a previous developer, so there'd have been no chance of a patch fixing that, even if it was something that could have been fixed, again it's a pretty old iteration of the game, so pretty difficult to track.

The most common cause of saves breaking on mobile will be battery running out during saving (including autosaves), there's definitely nothing we do to affect that.

Edit: It was iOS 8 that caused problems with CC11.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X