Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be quite a challenge for the developers to simulate such a wide variety of pitches and conditions. In Chandigarh in the Ind-SA Test, 200 was a par 1st innings score. On other pitches or indeed Chandigarh on a different day, it might be 400!

In SA we have pitches like the Wanderers and Centurion where it is easy to score quickly (partly altitude), but par 1st innings scores in Tests are 300-350. Then we have Newlands which perhaps has a par score of 400 etc etc. The same is true in ODIs and T20Is. In Port Elizabeth, one can defend 220-250 fairly often in 50 over cricket, but this is not the case on other grounds. I think the additional attribute of wicket pace, would allow for greater variety perhaps. For me, I would like to see bounce, wear, pace, outfield and weather conditions simulated, but I realise the addition of pace might be impractical.

Comment

I also agree with Graham_5000 but my point is that CC should provide the home country to prepare their own pitch. A person like J Anderson will do much better in English conditions than in Indian conditions and vice-versa for R Ashwin.
      V Kohli perform better in India and J Root will do so in England. So players are adapted to local conditions although they can beat opposition team in their home.

Comment

Working...
      X