• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2015 15.07 database errors thread

I'd reviewed up to this post (but not including) from the last thread:

Bowling speeds:

RM > RFM > RMF > RF

I still feel that some young players are still really under-rated for their talent, and they just don't seem to improve either

Comment

Obviously there are always going to be minor disagreements over specific players, and generally I think you guys are pretty well spot on.
      NOT LUIS REECE THOUGH.
      He should not play for England. Perhaps this has been sorted out on this version - but I wanted to make sure.

Hilarious though it was, Reece replacing Lyth in the Ashes hardly helped the realism of the game (especially when he whacked 150)

Comment

Is it possible to know who the game thinks is the best batsman etc etc?

Comment

Just a few thoughts:

AUSTRALIA:
          Faulkner almost never chosen in ODI's, his skills to be tweaked
          Rogers has retired
          Watto will open in ODI's & T'20s
          Starc is opening bowler in all formats
          INDIA:
          Pujara still chosen as default captain.
          Amit Mishra bowling skills to be tweaked, batting skills are perfect
          BANGLADESH:
          Mustafizur Rahman still doesn't feature
          Mahmudullah is a batting all-rounder, too low in the order
          Mashrafe Mortaza is captain & should be chosen all the time in ODI's
          WEST INDIES:
          Sammy is almost out of contention in ODI's as a bowling all-rounder
          Pollard to bat at 5 or lower. At present, he always bats at 4
          What's with choosing Chanderpaul in ODI's played in 2016. Please retire his skills!
          Jason Holder is a genuine all-rounder, always bats at 9 or lower in the game
          Deonarine always bowls his 10 overs in an ODI, very unrealistic
          NEW ZEALAND:
          Worker does not play in ODI's or T'20s. Instead someone called Bruce pops up everytime
          Nathan McCullum never chosen in ODI's. Why?
          Ross Taylor is a No. 4 batsman, always seems to come in at 5 or lower?
          SOUTH AFRICA:
          Philander will always open bowling across all formats. Presently, he bowls first change to Morkel & Steyn
          ABD bats at 4 or later, always seems to come in at 3 in all formats
          FAF is a genuine number 4 in Tests, No. 3 in ODI's. But he always bats at 5,6 or 7 in the game

Will get back with other observations...

Comment

Ross Taylor has been underrated in every edition of this game over the years. About time his stats on the game reflected real life.

Comment

Can never remember if retirements can be coded to kick in after a certain series (so after the ashes for Clarke and Rogers).

They should still be active when the game starts though

Comment

Usman Khawaja's batting needs to be increased
                Eoin Morgan's batting needs a major increase, doesn't make enough runs in ODI's
                Ravi Bopara's batting needs to be increased

Comment

Funny how most want some players improved, yet hardly any get suggested as being too good.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                    Funny how most want some players improved, yet hardly any get suggested as being too good.
                    I have always thought this too! If you make everyone better then you have to make the World Class players even better so that they can stand out against the crowd!

Comment

Adam Lyth and Gary Ballance are supremely overrated in this game. Both end up as 50+/40+/30+ Test/ODI/T20I batsmen for the next 7-8 years.

I suppose it's an example of how hard it is to reflect that "good at county/state level, but not quite good enough yet at international level" reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon_3388 View Post
                        Adam Lyth and Gary Ballance are supremely overrated in this game. Both end up as 50+/40+/30+ Test/ODI/T20I batsmen for the next 7-8 years.

I suppose it's an example of how hard it is to reflect that "good at county/state level, but not quite good enough yet at international level" reality.
                        I'm not sure about Lyth as when I'm playing against him he seems to score big but when I'm playing as England he's shocking - barely makes 20 most innings!!

Comment

Alex Doolan is down as a wicketkeeper who can open the batting in the game. He isn't a keeper at all. He is very occasionally, but not worth reflecting in the game - especially as a wicket keeper who can open, rather than a batsman who can wicket keep. He's a number 3-4 batsman who can open/keep at an absolute push.

Ben Dunk on the other hand, is a wicket keeper, and generally keeps for Tasmania in the domestic one day competition (ahead of Tim Paine). Wrote Travis Head instead of Dunk originally. Head is also a part time keeper - like Bancroft and Carters.

Bancroft should be slightly improved as a batsman and Zampa as a bowler. Zampa should be made worse as a batsman (he is bordering all-rounder status, but is certainly not a top 6 bat, which is where he ends up in this game!)

Mitch Marsh should be made a better bowler (possibly RMF not RFM) and Shane Watson a worse (though very defensive and economical) bowler. Henriques currently gets selected as an All Rounder above Mitch Marsh. Henriques is about the same good with the bat (possibly SLIGHTLY better), Mitch Marsh should be quite a bit better with the ball. Hopes was chosen ahead of them both in my game - which definitely wouldn't happen these days. Henriques and M Marsh both bat lower than Faulkner though, which probably wouldn't happen. Faulkner is more aggressive, and a better T20 batsman (possibly better in ODI too) but Henriques and M Marsh are both more likely to bat higher.

Peter Nevill averaged higher than Matt Wade by a long way in last year's Sheffield Shield (including a 200!) and averages 45 in first class cricket. His batting should also be better - though also very defensive. He is also one of the best gloveman in Australia (along with Chris Hartley) when it comes to actual wicket keeping, and this should be reflected. Wade should be ODI keeper and Nevill Test keeper. This will likely be the case for the next few years.

All I can think of for now. When saying a player should be rated higher, I've tried to rate someone lower in return - or at least given a real life comparison.
                          Last edited by Abbaskip; 11-19-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Notts :- Alex Hales is an opener in all forms, Brett Hutton is RFM, Rikki Wessels only opens in one day and 20/20, he bats at 5 or 6 in 4 day cricket.
                            Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Sam Curran - Surrey: should be allrounder
                              Joe Clarke - Worc: probably a bit underrated as was recently called up into the Lions tour, but never gets a game averaging mid 20s for 2nd XI.

Comment

Working...
                              X