Mohammed Aamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohammed Aamer

Why is he so bad in the game? Regularly going for over 8 an over in ODIs and ineffectual in Tests. Is there an agenda against him?

His performances to date show he's as good as he was before the ban.

I don't think 6 T20s is enough of a sample size to say 'he;s as good as he was before the ban', although from what you're saying it does sound like he's underrated....

Difficult though to rate him before he's played a fair bit more cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by ICClover View Post
      Is there an agenda against him?
      A conspiracy theory.

Comment

A handful of T20 games doesn't mean a lot. 5 years out is a long time, whilst he's still likely to have great skills, who knows what will happen with him, especially if he plays International cricket again and how he copes with the immense pressure and scrutiny he'll be under.

Anyway, I just played a World Cup (ODI) with Pakistan. Aamer was my second best bowler in both wickets and economy, only Yasir Shah out bowled him. His economy rate was under 5 and he had about 10 wickets in 6 matches.

How many matches had you played?
        Have you got any figures?
        Last edited by Sureshot; 09-11-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Amir's real life figures since his return, for comparison:

T20s

7 matches

156 balls/26 overs - 0 maidens - 169 runs - 10 wickets

16.90 average - 6.50 economy rate - 15.60 strike rate

Bowling quite well by the looks of things.

Comment

Yes but it is hard to determine ability from a mere 7 T20s. If it had been 7 first class games, that would be different.

Comment

I've now played 5 saves as Pakistan. And while I can get the likes of Junaid Khan to get and sustain an average of 25 with the ball over the next 6-7 years, Aamer struggled badly in every save

I hope this is addressed going forward

Comment

Certainly something I'll be looking at for 2016, not had the best World Cup (though no Pakistan bowler has stood out), he did okay in the Asia Cup looking at numbers.

Does make it difficult when a player is out of the game for so long, there's no real reference point.

Comment

I guess it is difficult to know how he will play until he has played on a range of pitches across all three formats.

Comment

I suppose it depends largely on each player's save. Aamir might perform really well in other saves, so I wouldn't think there's any particular bias here.

Comment

Working...
                    X