No announcement yet.

Any helpful tips for bowling in T20Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any helpful tips for bowling in T20Is?

I seem to be struggling a lot in the bowling department in T20Is... Most of the series are drawn, very rare T20I series wins for me... My fast bowlers perform decently, but the spinners get hammered and are made the scapegoat in a way... Yet to find a spinner with an economy rate of under 7... Can anyone help me out? And any good suggestions regarding the field settings?

Regards.

Originally posted by estmsm View Post
    I seem to be struggling a lot in the bowling department in T20Is... Most of the series are drawn, very rare T20I series wins for me... My fast bowlers perform decently, but the spinners get hammered and are made the scapegoat in a way... Yet to find a spinner with an economy rate of under 7... Can anyone help me out? And any good suggestions regarding the field settings?

Regards.
    only good thing I have learnt is put your fielders outside the circle right on the boundary

Comment

Regards.
      Read the sticky thread "Rough Guide to Formats" and play ball by ball.

I think T20 by its very nature is unpredictable. Throughout Test history there have been periods where a team has dominated for a few years - I personally don't think this will be the case with T20s. Form teams often seem to have their fortunes inexplicably reversed without warning. The opposite is also true of course. The rankings vary quite a bit from year to year. Like in your save, 1-1 series draws are probably the most common result out of two match series I would guess, although I don't have any stats to back up what is just a hunch. I might look into this.

I actually find my spinners to be very useful, but I am controlling India at the moment, so play home matches in pretty favourable conditions for spin.

I agree that you should make sure you place out-fielders right on the boundary. There are more specific tips in the thread I mentioned.
      Last edited by Graham_5000; 04-17-2016, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Regards.
        Have 4 Fast Bowlers in the team . Start with swing bowlers + aggressive field set . First 6 Overs - take as many wickets as possible . Then set defensive fielding and get your spinner on the darker side . Bring fast bowler on the brighter side . Keep your fastest bowlers for slog overs .

Comment

Working...
        X