Pitch Conditions?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch Conditions?????

Do pitch conditions really make a difference? I bowled a side out for 200 in the first innings of a 1st class match on a flat track in sunny conditions, I set them a target of 380 on the final day on a pitch with max uneven bounce and max sharp turn and V Cloudy conditions (gotta be 150 all out right?) no, they whacked me to all parts (including a tail ender with an average of 8.00 who got a century) chased in down no probs, whats going on ?????
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

They certainly do make a difference, but conditions can't be taken as a given for a result. Got a quality spinner in your side?

Comment

Hi Nige, I've calmed down now lol, was so annoyed so just had a rant, I have an average spinner who went to all parts, looking back now I probably should have batted on a bit longer and set them 400+ just to be on the safe side.
      Looking forward to the new game next week
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Setting a target is a mighty tricky thing in knowing what's right, I still prefer the "tempt the AI" approach. I reckon it's slightly more successful. There's always those one or two bowlers who aren't quite good enough for your team, but you stick with them because they put in the good performance every now and then.

I'm also looking forward to next week, new domestic systems are ace

Comment

Working...
        X