Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, haven't seen this one mentioned anywhere and at a total loss for how to resolve the issue. I can open and load the game just fine, start and pick teams but the moment I click on any of the buttons in the menu across the bottom, the game kicks me out to my desktop. It doesn't close the game at all, just seems to drop me back out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• I. Issue

The "pitch map" feature is defective. In particular, either the visualisation or the figures are wildly inaccurate.

II. Example

The issue can be illustrated by way of example:

According to the percentage figures, 40 per cent of deliveries are in the good range and 8 per cent are in the full range. That is in no way a reflection of the visualisation. Here is an even simpler example:

Again, the figures plainly do not reflect the visualisation.

III. Resolution

It would be helpful to take two steps.

First, fix the pitch map feature so the visualisation and the percentage figures both accurately reflect the intended result of the simulation.

Secondly, until the pitch map is fixed, advise us whether (a) the figures are wrong or (b) the visualisation is wrong. This would enable us to determine whether we should, in assessing player performance, be paying attention to one or the other.

Comment

• I. Issue

Players sometimes play simultaneously in a domestic fixture and in an international fixture.

II. Example

The issue is demonstrated by the final three columns of this form graph. The player was playing in a County Championship fixture (6 to 9 September). While that match was going on, the player was called up for an international 20-over game (9 September).

The player took 5-31 in the first innings of the county fixture. He took 5-59 in the second innings of the county fixture. In between, he is recorded as having taken 2-27 in the international 20-over game.

III. Resolution

Prevent players from playing in two matches simultaneously.

In the situation illustrated in Part II, at least two possible rules might be considered: (a) where the match dates of a domestic fixture and an international fixture overlap, the squad for the international fixture must be finalised before the commencement of the domestic fixture; or (b) a player cannot be called up for an international fixture if they are already playing in a domestic fixture.

Comment

• I believe the "achievements" in Steam don't work for all of the available trophies. I just won the NZ t20 and One Day domestic competitions and the trophies did not unlock. I also just bagged a 10-for (in a single innings of a First Class match) and the achievement didn't unlock.

As the 10-for is quite rare that's rather annoying. Can you please check that ALL trophies sync up?

EDIT: Just reached #1 in the world at t20 internationals and no trophy for that either.
          Last edited by TheRysingTyde; 01-02-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• I would assume the existing game won't get patched anymore, since If I take a lot at the administrator activity in these forums, Sureshot hasn't been active since 28-10-16?

Comment

• Not sure if mentioned but is it a bug that I the game it says Kevin O'Brien from Leicestershire has a t20 contract only but in the game you can use him in the county championship

Comment

• Originally posted by StrawberryBlonde View Post
                Hi guys, haven't seen this one mentioned anywhere and at a total loss for how to resolve the issue. I can open and load the game just fine, start and pick teams but the moment I click on any of the buttons in the menu across the bottom, the game kicks me out to my desktop. It doesn't close the game at all, just seems to drop me back out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
                Sorry for delay in response. This will be the Steam Overlay.

Please disable the Steam overlay:

- Right click on the game in the library.
                - click properties
                - un-tick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'

This happens with older graphics drivers that don't support the spec that the Steam Overlay runs on, updating your drivers might help, but disabling the Overlay is the first thing to so.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRysingTyde View Post
                  I believe the "achievements" in Steam don't work for all of the available trophies. I just won the NZ t20 and One Day domestic competitions and the trophies did not unlock. I also just bagged a 10-for (in a single innings of a First Class match) and the achievement didn't unlock.

As the 10-for is quite rare that's rather annoying. Can you please check that ALL trophies sync up?

EDIT: Just reached #1 in the world at t20 internationals and no trophy for that either.
                  Were you in Steam Offline Mode? Achievements don't work offline in Cricket Captain games on Steam and that's unlikely to change in the future.

I've got both of the NZ achievements and looking at the global stats, so have quite a few others. 10-for is a concern, I see some others have had this, not many but it's going to be very rare. Have you got the save game for this? Again, won't work if you were in Offline Mode.

It should be noted that you have to be #1 in the rankings at the end of the season.

Comment

• So just recently the weather report has decided to bug out on my International save.

Comment

• So my game freezes and i have to close the window and re start it every now and then, they annoying part of it is, that its always when i make a record score or take a record bag of wickets.
                      it could possibly be the most frustrating thing of all time.
                      has happened in every saved game i have played in this edition of this game. frustrating!!
                      ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Working...
                      X