Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
      Where does steam say 3rd of July??
      Hmm, it did yesterday.. changed to July 12th now :/

Comment

where are you seeing the date? I can't see any on Steam

Comment

Originally posted by hallmitchell View Post
          Hello just confirming that the 70's and 80's era South Africans who were banned under Apartheid era will be there? Who didn't technically play TEST CRICKET? Garth Le Roux and Clive Rice etc??
          Clive Rice is in the latest DB in CC18, Garth le Roux currently isn't. But we're discussing this.
          Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
          The two additions that stood out are the ability to have Afghanistan and Ireland careers as well as receiving offers from other teams in domestic cricket! Is this possible for international teams as well? So whatever international team you pick to manage, can you receive offers from other international teams to manage them?

In any case, I'll be buying this edition for sure with those two features :)
          For CC18 new captaincy offers will be limited to the domestic systems. International cricket is a bit of a different beast to domestic systems.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-03-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by foreveryyoung View Post
            Will there be squad screenshots coming as well like last year?
            I'm going to try and do these tonight.
            Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
            Not sure how possible it would be, and please shoot it down if it isn't. What is the likelihood of implementing replacement players for injured personnel in a squad either in this or future versions?
            Not for this version, it'd be quite complex to enable replacement players. We've been discussing expanding Home Test squads to 13, as 13 is now more the norm than 12. We're a bit apprehensive about making them too big as it will then stop those players playing domestically if not picked.

If you've got any feedback on wanting more numbers available for a specific squad pick, then do let us know, as that is a simpler change.
            Originally posted by MateGaming View Post

Hmm, it did yesterday.. changed to July 12th now :/
            I'm intrigued to know where you got this from? Incredibly busy here, sorry for the delay in reply to you guys.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-03-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jle101 View Post
              "All time-greats: full career records for every player that has ever played international cricket, all playable in historical scenarios."

Oh man. I think I might have gotten excited for no reason about this. After reading it a bit more carefully it looks like they're just going to include stats for every player. Still doesn't look like you can actually play with all of them. I hope I am wrong, but if this is the case it'd be a massive let down.
              They're all playable.

Comment

Can I just say that making home squads 13 players as you mentioned would be really welcome. Just gives you a bit more chance to actually make your mind up!

Also, it says something about 3rd party under Release Date: July. I think this may be where people have misread 3rd as the release date.
                Last edited by Silly Point; 07-03-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

When is the actual release date?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                    When is the actual release date?
                    Seeing as MateGaming has somehow found it, we're aiming for 12th July on Steam currently, there are some things to get sorted before then. But it's doable.

I've got EngDom screenshots up in a CC18 database feedback forum. Will be doing more later for other systems.

Comment

How come the 2018 download takes you to the 2017 in Apple ??

Comment

Now that there is a large number of all-time greats, it would be really useful if you could use the two-player functionality of the game to pick from the entire pool of players - i.e. not be limited to only picking players from a single country. I think it would be an attractive addition to the game to enable players to select what are effectively "dream teams" across all nations (and would tap into the market for draft leagues, etc. that are around).

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

I'm going to try and do these tonight.

Not for this version, it'd be quite complex to enable replacement players. We've been discussing expanding Home Test squads to 13, as 13 is now more the norm than 12. We're a bit apprehensive about making them too big as it will then stop those players playing domestically if not picked.

If you've got any feedback on wanting more numbers available for a specific squad pick, then do let us know, as that is a simpler change.

I'm intrigued to know where you got this from? Incredibly busy here, sorry for the delay in reply to you guys.
                          Hi Sureshot,

Believe I can answer both questions here.

With regards to the leaked release date, it actually pops up right in front of you once you add the game to your Steam wishlist, I'll add a screenshot below which I took some days ago before it was changed to the 12th.

Regarding squad sizes, completely understand the point of view from your side, personally I'd be all for the adjustment in squad sizes you mentioned, I think that'd be great so at the very least you could have your XI and then a batsman and bowler in reserve if something goes wrong.

Comment

I did not know that about the Steam wishlist!

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
                            Can I just say that making home squads 13 players as you mentioned would be really welcome. Just gives you a bit more chance to actually make your mind up!

Also, it says something about 3rd party under Release Date: July. I think this may be where people have misread 3rd as the release date.
                            Home test squad size has been increased to 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongrel View Post
                              Now that there is a large number of all-time greats, it would be really useful if you could use the two-player functionality of the game to pick from the entire pool of players - i.e. not be limited to only picking players from a single country. I think it would be an attractive addition to the game to enable players to select what are effectively "dream teams" across all nations (and would tap into the market for draft leagues, etc. that are around).
                              For now it is still limited to per nation, but combined nation teams has been added as a note to our task list. We'll be looking at what else we can do with the new players post-release.

The 2018 database has 2600 more players than 2017.

Comment

I notice on Kent's squad you have allowed 3 overseas T20 signings. Is this a new feature ? Great if so. The standard main overseas, one reserve and two T20 overseas players was outdated and needed to change. Not sure what you will do with Durham this year - Latham main overseas and Markram and Axar Patel should be reserve. Are you now able to have two reserve overseas signings ?

Comment

Working...
                                X