This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I notice on Kent's squad you have allowed 3 overseas T20 signings. Is this a new feature ? Great if so. The standard main overseas, one reserve and two T20 overseas players was outdated and needed to change. Not sure what you will do with Durham this year - Latham main overseas and Markram and Axar Patel should be reserve. Are you now able to have two reserve overseas signings ?
    Actually, as of that screenshot we were only allowing two 20 over players in the code, but you raise a good point, I spoke with Chris, it's now pretty simple to change that without it affecting much else, and he's agreed so he's done just that. We're leaving two 20 over players in the final XI, as from what I can see, this is stil the rule on this? I've had a look at this season and still looks like this is the rule still.

Still just the one reserve overseas. That is far trickier, as it's adding new contracts types, which is so many knock ons. For a future version, I think what we ideally need is to be able to sign/assign overseas players on a month-by-month basis, would you agree? (I think week-by-week would give us more flexibility, but woudl be a nightmare).

If there are other systems where we should have more overseas players in either the squad or the XI, then please let us know. Generally we stick with the rules we can find.

Edit: I'm going to post what we have in database feedback.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-05-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Actually, as of that screenshot we were only allowing two 20 over players in the code, but you raise a good point, I spoke with Chris, it's now pretty simple to change that without it affecting much else, and he's agreed so he's done just that. We're leaving two 20 over players in the final XI, as from what I can see, this is stil the rule on this? I've had a look at this season and still looks like this is the rule still.

Still just the one reserve overseas. That is far trickier, as it's adding new contracts types, which is so many knock ons. For a future version, I think what we ideally need is to be able to sign/assign overseas players on a month-by-month basis, would you agree? (I think week-by-week would give us more flexibility, but woudl be a nightmare).

If there are other systems where we should have more overseas players in either the squad or the XI, then please let us know. Generally we stick with the rules we can find.

Fantastic news.

Yes you are still only allowed two overseas per side.

I think an overseas on a month by month basis would be very good.

Comment

A few questions - will the new ftp announced recently by the ICC be used for international scheduling? Obviously, we don't have the Test Championship yet but I imagine this will be a feature for next year's game?

Also, will there be a demo being released? Cheers

Comment

They're all playable.
          Thanks Sureshot, you do a lot of hard work each & every year on this game and us fans really appreciate all of the effort & communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongrel View Post
            Now that there is a large number of all-time greats, it would be really useful if you could use the two-player functionality of the game to pick from the entire pool of players - i.e. not be limited to only picking players from a single country. I think it would be an attractive addition to the game to enable players to select what are effectively "dream teams" across all nations (and would tap into the market for draft leagues, etc. that are around).
            This. So very much this. Cricket Captain would instantly become the number one program for sim leagues (which are quite common & popular).

The reintroduction of two player would open the door for so many more possibilities. Selecting teams of players from multiple nations would be great, although I image difficult to implement.

Also, the ability to pit players of the same nation against each other would be fantastic.

Imagine Bradman's '48 Aussies vs the 2001 Aussies. Or 1955 England vs 2005 England. Or how about Sobers' 60's West Indies vs Viv's 80's West Indies.
            Last edited by jle101; 07-06-2018, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moe View Post
              A few questions - will the new ftp announced recently by the ICC be used for international scheduling? Obviously, we don't have the Test Championship yet but I imagine this will be a feature for next year's game?
              Yes, we're using FTP until 2023, then our own fixtures beyond that.

We'll plan to implement that in 2019 if there's enough info to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by jle101 View Post

This. So very much this. Cricket Captain would instantly become the number one program for sim leagues (which are quite common & popular).

The reintroduction of two player would open the door for so many more possibilities. Selecting teams of players from multiple nations would be great, although I image difficult to implement.

Also, the ability to pit players of the same nation against each other would be fantastic.

Imagine Bradman's '48 Aussies vs the 2001 Aussies. Or 1955 England vs 2005 England. Or how about Sobers' 60's West Indies vs Viv's 80's West Indies.
                The actual two player mode we used to have until 2013? Yes, that's unlikely to make a return any time soon, it wasn't used that often and re-integrating with our new UI system that we we released 2014 and onwards with means basically rebuilding it from the ground up.

You'll be able to do the latter in CC2018 in Custom Match/All-Time Greats.

Combining players from multiple nations is on the list, but will likely be a post-release addition.

Thanks Sureshot, you do a lot of hard work each & every year on this game and us fans really appreciate all of the effort & communication.
                Thanks for the feedback, it's been an incredibly tough year. GDPR compliance ate up a good couple of weeks of our time, if not more so, not to mention cost. We've also moved to self-publishing on Steam, Android and Apple stores, which has been a learning curve (more so on Apple side), but will see the game better placed going forward.

I've been later than I wanted getting screenshots up for feedback, want to do Aus Domestic too, but that will be tomorrow morning now. Been getting great feedback on EngDom, which I'll be processing Sat/Sun.

Comment

Would be incredible, have been saying this for a while.

Comment

Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now. Australia vs Australia, etc. Will make a note from that front as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbers0ul View Post
                      How come the 2018 download takes you to the 2017 in Apple ??
                      Whoops, should be saying 2017. Getting that changed now.

Comment

Will it be possible too loan players yet and any are scotland added too the white ball rankings
                        Last edited by theterrorsquad; 07-06-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Yes, we're using FTP until 2023, then our own fixtures beyond that.

We'll plan to implement that in 2019 if there's enough info to do so.
                          Great, thanks

Comment

Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now. Australia vs Australia, etc. Will make a note from that front as well.
                            I dont think the two player game mode should be brought back.

It would just be really good if you could create a custom match using all the players in the database from all nations. That way we could choose to play an England v Rest of World xi or a combined England and Australian XI v Indian and Pakistan XI for example. This is what I have wanted for a long time. I think it would be a great feature.

Comment

Two player mode is very unlikely to return. I've made that note on expanding the freedom of player selection in ATG/CMS.

Comment

Two player mode is very unlikely to return. I've made that note on expanding the freedom of player selection in ATG/CMS.
                                Perfect, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X